The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Deckless! :: Best packet trick of all time (59 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..22~23~24~25~26 [Next]
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1190 Posts

Profile of dj
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2020, Bob G wrote:
Hi Darko,

Is your version of Twisting the Aces different in effect from the Vernon version?

Thanks,

Bob

Here is my version:
https://youtu.be/PuDkq0oDi8Y

Ans here is the same version with any four cards the spectator has selected.
The spectator selects four cards (no force), he touches the four cards in the deck.
Then follows Twisting the Aces routine with four selected cards.

The video is in german language:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQFkKv08IIQ

Darko
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
2858 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Nice! Thank you, Darko.
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1190 Posts

Profile of dj
Quote:
On Aug 29, 2020, Bob G wrote:
Nice! Thank you, Darko.

Thanks.
gkfreed
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of gkfreed
Darko,

Very nice. I look forward to your publication date.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17418 Posts

Profile of joseph
I agree gkfreed, there's nfw Darko.. Smile ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
vincentmusician
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
266 Posts

Profile of vincentmusician
I feel the best packet trick is the one that you do best and the one that your audience enjoys. I like packet tricks. My favourite is B'Wave. However, I just got Double Back and really like it too! Cheers!
martonikus
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of martonikus
I favor the original 4-card trick by Alex Elmesley, Virginia City Shuffle, and Short Attention Spin by John Bannon, among others. Those three are all full routines with a lot of magic moments, not hard to do, and nothing to add or remove. Better yet, each of these tricks has a kicker ending, and all of the cards are examinable.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3531 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
I won't say it is best, but reactions have been fun. Check out Prohibition Monte by Alan Rorrison.
disbelief
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of disbelief
Skinners 3 card monte
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, California
890 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Hope this is a good place to ask!

I'm trying to locate whose effect this is and where I can find it taught or buy it. I saw it at my local club and did not get a chance find out any info from the performer.

Perform shows 4 (?) cards , 2 red and 2 black. reds and blacks are identical pairs, say 2D & 2D and 7S & 7S. The routine is sort of like a monte.

Cards are dealt alternately to table, each clearly shown. black, red, black, red... cards are picked up and reversed in hand. Performer asks new order. They are wrong. Two others phases have cards dealt to table apparently red, black. But the two cards are both black, reds in hand. Final phase all 4 cards are shown to be 4 identical 7S.

Looked like a classic packet trick but one I have not seen.
TIA
Phil
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3531 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Quote:
On Sep 2, 2022, docguitarman wrote:
Hope this is a good place to ask!

I'm trying to locate whose effect this is and where I can find it taught or buy it. I saw it at my local club and did not get a chance find out any info from the performer.

Perform shows 4 (?) cards , 2 red and 2 black. reds and blacks are identical pairs, say 2D & 2D and 7S & 7S. The routine is sort of like a monte.

Cards are dealt alternately to table, each clearly shown. black, red, black, red... cards are picked up and reversed in hand. Performer asks new order. They are wrong. Two others phases have cards dealt to table apparently red, black. But the two cards are both black, reds in hand. Final phase all 4 cards are shown to be 4 identical 7S.

Looked like a classic packet trick but one I have not seen.
TIA
Phil

Without seeing it performed, it almost sounds like Lavand By Michael O'Brien.
It can be found at Penguin Magic and is an instant download.
cpatchett
View Profile
Veteran user
My current prediction is that I have
337 Posts

Profile of cpatchett
Quote:
On Sep 2, 2022, docguitarman wrote:

Check out “Ultimate Oil and Water Collection” at Vanishing Inc; at least one of the routines included has a color change as the final phase.
Magician: Someone willing to spend $15 to learn how to make $1 disappear.
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
890 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Thank you Wravyn and CPatchett,

I'll take a look at your suggestions!

Found a "4 card oil and water" on youtube. Not thrilled with method. But I could get over that since the effect looks so good.
Phil
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
890 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Quote:
On Sep 3, 2022, docguitarman wrote:
Thank you Wravyn and CPatchett,

I'll take a look at your suggestions!

Found a "4 card oil and water" on youtube. Not thrilled with method. But I could get over that since the effect looks so good.
Phil

And searching some more I found I already have the effect that I mentioned in my original post. It's in a free download by John Gelasi on lybrary.com ! Title is "R.B. Mix." It's also an easy worker!

Here's the link:
https://www.lybrary.com/in-black-and-whi......845.html
JennysLaw
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of JennysLaw
I carry two or three packet tricks with me all the time just in case someone asks to see something. I rotate what I carry after two or three weeks but one that I learned years ago that has always gotten great reactions, and stays in the rotation always, is Alex Elmsley's Four Card Trick. There is a lot of magic going on in a short time and after showing fronts and backs of the cards several times, a Joker appearing, then disappearing only to end with the Joker appearing again with a totally different colored back, has always caught spectators off guard. Another good point is at the end the spec can look at the cards if the'd like.
RobertApodaca
View Profile
Regular user
Henderson, NV
151 Posts

Profile of RobertApodaca
I've been looking for a new packet trick to add to my standing/walkaround set.

I've tried leaning Darwin Ortiz Backoff, but it's such a knuckle buster I don't think I can focus enough on presentation.

I used to close my show with an effect I know as Twisted Sisters, I think there's a nother name for it though. It relies on an elmsly count and magician's choice but is amazing.
ejohn
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
723 Posts

Profile of ejohn
Robert, You may be referring to Duplicity, an ungaffed version of Twisted Sisters.
RobertApodaca
View Profile
Regular user
Henderson, NV
151 Posts

Profile of RobertApodaca
I just received Stand Up Monte.

It was a bit difficult at first, but you can learn the routine in stages and end it at any time. Wasn't long before I knew the whole routine.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4196 Posts

Profile of warren
Here's a packet trick I've been having fun with just lately called Holey Sh*t by Paul Gordon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUU5S14RRHg&t=41s
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
890 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Quote:
On Sep 15, 2022, warren wrote:
Here's a packet trick I've been having fun with just lately called Holey Sh*t by Paul Gordon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUU5S14RRHg&t=41s

Yep, that is a good one. It's in my carry around. Gets great reactions!

Phil