The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Effects :: ParaPad from Paralabs (37 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Stefan O.
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of Stefan O.
Quote:
Greetings from
Vincent van Dark

Vincent, welcome to the Café! Good to see you here. I second Jan's words: good to see more friends join the forum.

best regards

Stefan
EXCLUSIVE MENTALISM PRODUCTS - Check out Stefan's original routines!

http://shop.stefanmagie.de
david12345
View Profile
Special user
714 Posts

Profile of david12345
I think this answers my question I asked on a different thread. Does Paralabs have a website?

David
Wizard
View Profile
Regular user
Sweden
142 Posts

Profile of Wizard
Quote:
On 2010-11-04 19:49, david12345 wrote:
I think this answers my question I asked on a different thread. Does Paralabs have a website?

David
Here it comes.You need a password but as a mentalist you will know it! = http://www.paralabs.org/basket/index.php?languageid=2

Good luck!
FINIS CORONAT OPUS
LiquidSn
View Profile
Elite user
New York
472 Posts

Profile of LiquidSn
Curious. how is the operation during the routine? Is it opening the pad and writing in it then ripping out the page? A la like John Rigg's Butterfly? or is it ripping the paper out and putting it on the front of the pad?
Blog about magic. by me.

Http://www.doublefacers.com
ParaLabs - Thomas
View Profile
Special user
913 Posts

Profile of ParaLabs - Thomas
Hi,

directs links may cause problems - even if you type in the corrects password.
Better use this one:

http://www.paralabs.org/basket

Best
Th.
david12345
View Profile
Special user
714 Posts

Profile of david12345
Thanks
What about Liquidsn's question re operation?

David
david12345
View Profile
Special user
714 Posts

Profile of david12345
Is there a translated version?
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
Re question: it is neither. flip the first page and front cover of pad so that spec writes on paper backed by back of front cover and entire pad. Spec rips off paper seeing black pad cover beneath. Then, it's just a matter of closing the pad.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Is there a demo for this , or a clearer description of whole routine as sounds great but would like to know how it differs from everything else out there before I purchase. Has it English written instructions or instructional Dvd regards Gary
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
There are english instructions. They are incredibly simple. If you can open and close a pad you can do it. It's all presentation and designing effects after that. The reason it costs more than other impression devices is because the quality and ingenuity is better than other impression devices. Like everything else, you get what you pay for. There is another thread on Penny, page 5 that should coveer all questions.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On 2010-11-07 22:19, aligator wrote:
There are english instructions. They are incredibly simple. If you can open and close a pad you can do it. It's all presentation and designing effects after that. The reason it costs more than other impression devices is because the quality and ingenuity is better than other impression devices. Like everything else, you get what you pay for. There is another thread on Penny, page 5 that should coveer all questions.
Thank you aligator I will check out that thread regards Gary
Magic1
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
408 Posts

Profile of Magic1
Is the spectator holding the pad when they write and handing it back to you or are you "holding the pad" as they write. This may be a silly question, but is it natural for them not to close the pad after they write on it because you're telling them to rip the page and do other things, or do you need to do some audience-management to make sure that they don't close the pad. Finally, if the audience member does close the pad prematurely, is there an "out" for glimpsing a pre-closed pad? Thanks
hbwolkov
View Profile
Inner circle
2947 Posts

Profile of hbwolkov
This is a relatively expensine impression device but we are getting a quality device. This is a very good investment for the worker.
Northern California
ParaLabs - Thomas
View Profile
Special user
913 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-11-12 16:04, Magic1 wrote:
Is the spectator holding the pad when they write and handing it back to you or are you "holding the pad" as they write. This may be a silly question, but is it natural for them not to close the pad after they write on it because you're telling them to rip the page and do other things, or do you need to do some audience-management to make sure that they don't close the pad. Finally, if the audience member does close the pad prematurely, is there an "out" for glimpsing a pre-closed pad? Thanks

Hi,

as for your questions - the procedure is the following:

You hand them the pad and ask them to write or draw;
you call back the pad (either by asking for or by gesturing);
you close the pad and put it away - done.

So first of all: THEY hold the pad; this is usual and this is what they do.

YOU close the pad and get the peek - this is the standard procedure.
This will be achieved by keeping them busy with several parallel required activities.
IF they close the pad, you have an out obviously:
Simply open it again to write or draw something on your own.

But in practice this never happened to me, ... Smile

Hope it helps.
Cheers
Th.
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1937 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
A couple of weeks ago, I had a few questions about this. I liked it, but wondered about certain situations in which I might find myself.
I have used it everyday since and have no plans to ever change.
This is a FANTASTIC devise for mentalists.
Also, the service from from Paralabs has been superb.
I posted a "doubt." It was not a problem, just a doubt. Within minutes, I received a response from Thomas who offered to immediately send other devices for me to experiment with.
I love this product.
I love this company.
I plan on staying with them for a long time.
Having said that, I ran across a competing product on the net. There was complete exposure of the devise.
I wrote the company and politely (well for me) asked that the particular ad be edited or removed. I have yet to have a reply.
Thanks to Paralabs and hats off to great work all the way around.
Parson
Here kitty, kitty,kitty. Smile
+++a posse ad esse+++
numizmata
View Profile
New user
Budapest
64 Posts

Profile of numizmata
Any pic's available about this fantastic ID?
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1489 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Quote:
On 2010-12-28 18:19, numizmata wrote:
Any pic's available about this fantastic ID?

You must go on the website with a password
stanleyfehder
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of stanleyfehder
I purchased the PARAPAD from Tannen's. The ink from the sharpie pen included in the set "bleed" through the paper. It also bled through using my own non-gimicked sharpie. Ditto with sanples from all the refill packs.Can anyone offer a solution or a reason for this to happen?
ParaLabs - Thomas
View Profile
Special user
913 Posts

Hi Stanley,

we - personally - don't use Sharpies for they have disadvantages on several levels. E.g. they are not that durable as other brands (they dry out sooner). For this reason we offer Stabilo pens with all sets that we send out.

Nonetheless Tannen's made the same experience as we did: Customers in the States prefer Sharpies no matter what. Even if we explain that they are of lesser quality and may cause issues, US customers like to get Sharpies anyway. So particular issues like a reduced durability compared to other brands can not be avoided.

But we never had the issue of the ink of Sharpies bleeding through the paper! The reason for this is that we use a special paper for the ParaPad and the refills that avoids exactly this: Ink bleeding through.

So can you send us a photo please so that we can take a look on how this looks in your case?

heine@paralabs.org
or
mees@paralabs.org

Thank you!
Best
Th.
stanleyfehder
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of stanleyfehder
I have sent you an attachment showing samples of the "bleed thru".stanleyfehder@att.net