The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Effects :: ParaPad from Paralabs (37 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
The Mysterious One
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of The Mysterious One
The pen can easily be replaced by a Psypher pen from the frozen bird. Then, you can take it apart and add the Paralabs (m*****) inside the Sharpie . This is a cheaper way alternative and with care, the Psypher Sharpies last a long time. I store mine i. A ziplock bag to make it air proof. I store it cap down.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3082 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
You can also revel the Sharpie that comes with the Theory 11 parapad
Branden Darcel
View Profile
New user
Colorado Springs, CO
72 Posts

Profile of Branden Darcel
Just got my Parapad recently and I’ve heard of people constructing replacement pens (I even heard Bic style pens). Does anyone have any information on this that would be willing to share? If so, please PM. Love this pad but my concern is the pen drying out, especially in the dry climate I live in. The pen from theory11 already seems slightly dry, so I want to tackle this issue head on before it becomes a problem.

Thanks!!
Branden Darcel
Mental Illusionist
AutarchicFlux
View Profile
Special user
596 Posts

Profile of AutarchicFlux
Loved this device so much, I ordered two of them - one from Theory 11 and one direct from Paralabs. Bizarrely enough, both of them came misassembled - with the impression device needing to be removed from the spiral binding and turned the other way around. I was able to confirm both from the tutorial video and from the diagram in the instructions that I now have the correct orientation after having done this. Surely I can't be the only one...?
eddini
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of eddini
Though I love my Riggs Butterfly I got both the original AND the Johnson /Forster Pad. Great product !

Ed [Eddini]
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4201 Posts

Profile of JanForster
I agree Smile The best! Smile Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3268 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On Jul 27, 2021, eddini wrote:
Though I love my Riggs Butterfly I got both the original AND the Johnson /Forster Pad. Great product !

Ed [Eddini]

Same but Jan's is the one I use and the original is in the emergency drawer Smile
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6778 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:

Ed [Eddini]

I am not familiar with the Johnson/Forster pad, where can I find more info on it?
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4544 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Quote:
On Aug 17, 2021, videoman wrote:
Quote:

Ed [Eddini]

I am not familiar with the Johnson/Forster pad, where can I find more info on it?

He covers this in his Penguin Live (not Live ACT) lecture I believe. It's quite disarming. Sold here, https://www.card-shark.de/index.cfm?page......rtID=397
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4201 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Exactly. Smile Little hint: I'll explain there also how you can "construct" it yourself... what I would do Smile ... Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1537 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Two years ago, I posted about my unhappiness with the impression quality using a Parapad. I ended up putting it in a drawer and forgot about it. Recently, I am working on a routine where a simple & quick impression via a small notepad would be ideal. I got the Parapad out of the drawer to play with it some more. I was still very underwhelmed. But this time, I decided to reach out to Theory 11.

They responded to request a photo of the impression I was getting. I provided, not only the photo, but a video of me doing the actual writing. They responded that it was the pen, and they sent me a brand new Sharpie. No charge!

The replacement pen made a HUGE difference! Night and day! Now the impression is VERY readable and clean. Amazing!

So, my hat is off to Theory 11 for their excellent customer service! And congrats to Paralabs for a fantastic product! Highly recommended, just as long as you get a good pen to go with the pad!

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1537 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
The notepad used on last night's P&T Fool Us looked quite familiar. Smile

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
Shawn D
View Profile
Elite user
Hughson,Ca
465 Posts

Profile of Shawn D
That is good to hear Mark .
I tossed mine in a drawer also because I was so disappointed after hearing so many good reviews on it. I can barely make out the impression.
I'll dig it back and and see if theory11 can see if it's my pen having the issue not the pad.
Vincenzo
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
215 Posts

Profile of Vincenzo
I had the same exact experience with a poor impression and tossed the pad into a drawer ... I'll have to check in with Theory11 as well.
gotgot
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of gotgot
Hi,
I have a gig tomorrow during which I want to use parapad but my sharpie is almost completely dry. What should I do?
thank you!
bentpenny
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of bentpenny
Quote:
On Sep 8, 2022, gotgot wrote:
Hi,
I have a gig tomorrow during which I want to use parapad but my sharpie is almost completely dry. What should I do?
thank you!

As a temporary fix you can try to reink it.
https://youtu.be/LaNYU7NChwg

Alternatively, you could pull apart the black portion from the body of the marker, and replace the dried out ink resevoir with a fresh one from a new Sharpie.

[Edit] Just realized you posted this on the 8th! Hopefully you resolved your ink issues Smile
gotgot
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of gotgot
Quote:
On Sep 12, 2022, bentpenny wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 8, 2022, gotgot wrote:
Hi,
thank you!

As a temporary fix you can try to reink it.
https://youtu.be/LaNYU7NChwg

Alternatively, you could pull apart the black portion from the body of the marker, and replace the dried out ink resevoir with a fresh one from a new Sharpie.

[Edit] Just realized you posted this on the 8th! Hopefully you resolved your ink issues Smile

thanks!
Inlakesh
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Inlakesh
Smart idea about replacing the ink cartridge.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
13001 Posts

Profile of John C
Can't you also put the mag in a new sharpie?
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1664 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Quote:
On Oct 3, 2022, John C wrote:
Can't you also put the mag in a new sharpie?

Absolutely!