The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Effects :: ParaPad from Paralabs (37 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Brainbu$ter
View Profile
Veteran user
Indianapolis, IN
326 Posts

Profile of Brainbu$ter
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2016, Karan Singh Magic wrote:
Could someone PM me the password for Paralabs? The one I think it is, I can't seem to get in.

No.
magicsachin
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
132 Posts

Profile of magicsachin
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2016, Karan Singh Magic wrote:
Could someone PM me the password for Paralabs? The one I think it is, I can't seem to get in.

Check the spelling again Smile If you still didn't get it, go and search the classics Smile
Thank You Smile
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
If your browser is outdated it won't work either.
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Juno-How
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Juno-How
Just received my first Para Pad.... This thing is what I have been looking for! Everything about it is perfect! I have had every impression device you can imagine and this thing blows them out of the water. Really clear impression and a peek that is so natural no one is going to ever pick up on it. Having spent well over 2k on other devices, I have finally found the holy grail.... I was beginning to think it didn't exist.

I would like to add a ballpoint pen to it and I seem to remember someone mentioned making their own. If you have details on how to do this, could you PM me Smile

If you are reading this and on the fence about getting one, just do it. You won't regret it Smile
edwardowen93
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of edwardowen93
I really love how user friendly the parapad is.

even down to how I refill the pad.

This is especially great when working with a suit jacket and empty top pocket, as the peek is soooo clear and easy.

I have a handling that I'd love to share with anyone via PM.
The Great Dave
View Profile
Regular user
My Wife said "It's Me or that Stupid Magic Website!" this many times.
200 Posts

Profile of The Great Dave
I like self-working effects. Parapad is just too cool and is very much self-working. That means everything about the effect can goof up - me, the handling, a heckler, a tough customer, a little alcohol on some one's part at the party, interruption, unnatural event, you name it, and this effect will still work. And, it is pure class.

Easy to refill, well thought out from an engineering stand point, and as reliable as a stripper deck.

I have two. Large and small. One for stage and one for close up. If I could only pick one of my effects to perform, this would be it.

Dave The Wave
Academy of Magical Arts

Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat! Whoops, wrong hat ...
ko_brian
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of ko_brian
Quote:
On Aug 3, 2017, Juno-How wrote:
Just received my first Para Pad.... This thing is what I have been looking for! Everything about it is perfect! I have had every impression device you can imagine and this thing blows them out of the water. Really clear impression and a peek that is so natural no one is going to ever pick up on it. Having spent well over 2k on other devices, I have finally found the holy grail.... I was beginning to think it didn't exist.

I would like to add a ballpoint pen to it and I seem to remember someone mentioned making their own. If you have details on how to do this, could you PM me Smile

If you are reading this and on the fence about getting one, just do it. You won't regret it Smile

Not sure if you have seen this.

http://www.promystic.com/product/promyst......parapen/
malcolm
View Profile
New user
currently Calgary, Canada
62 Posts

Profile of malcolm
I'm curious about refills. Once I've bought the pad (which comes with 50 sheets and one 50-sheet refill) is it possible just to buy more refills? Or do I have to buy a new set at $70 each time?
Marc O
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
755 Posts

Profile of Marc O
Quote:
On Nov 15, 2017, malcolm wrote:
I'm curious about refills. Once I've bought the pad (which comes with 50 sheets and one 50-sheet refill) is it possible just to buy more refills? Or do I have to buy a new set at $70 each time?

You can buy refill packs for just a few euros.
Nathan Horne
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of Nathan Horne
Quote:
On Sep 25, 2015, drigerbest wrote:
Could someone help me out here - just on the verge of ordering this but just wanted to clarify something.

The version comes with a non sharpie.. stabilo or something.. is there an option to buy a sharpie gimmick somewhere? Or is the stabilo good enough? My only
concern is someone might point out the odd marker pen.. anyone had any issues with this? (I'm in the UK)..

Theory11 sells a set with a Sharpie. The quality is nice and I suppose you’ll never have to replace the pen gimmick as it’s possible to just refill a sharpie (haven’t tried it yet with this sharpie, but I refill my ‘supersharpie’ with parts from other sharpies.

Is there a private FB group where people chat ideas for this. Even though the pad is great, I’ve only used it around 20 times in the 7 months I’ve had it. I’ve been doing a simple drawing peek and doup, but maybe there are better close up routines and ideas?
HowardH
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of HowardH
Has anyone else found that the sharpie pen they received, although it leaves a nice impression, does not seem to have any erasing capacity unlike what the video tutorial states? Perhaps the first generation of pens did not have erasing ends? I wonder if the problem is that I purchased from ebay, and they have the first generation stock? So if I purchase direct from Theory11 perhaps I will have better luck with the erasing end? It's just that shipping to NZ is so expensive, so the free shipping on ebay is very tempting.

I guess people just used small handheld "m's" to erase afterwards if the erasing end of the pen didn't work? I can use something else to erase, but it's a bit less convenient than having it inside the pen itself. Maybe there is somewhere I can buy just the pen itself, and make sure it comes with the erasing end? I love the quality of the pad itself, and the writing end of the sharpie is fine. I just wish I could erase what I've written.
Nathan Horne
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of Nathan Horne
Quote:
On Aug 13, 2018, HowardH wrote:
Has anyone else found that the sharpie pen they received, although it leaves a nice impression, does not seem to have any erasing capacity unlike what the video tutorial states? Perhaps the first generation of pens did not have erasing ends? I wonder if the problem is that I purchased from ebay, and they have the first generation stock? So if I purchase direct from Theory11 perhaps I will have better luck with the erasing end? It's just that shipping to NZ is so expensive, so the free shipping on ebay is very tempting.

I guess people just used small handheld "m's" to erase afterwards if the erasing end of the pen didn't work? I can use something else to erase, but it's a bit less convenient than having it inside the pen itself. Maybe there is somewhere I can buy just the pen itself, and make sure it comes with the erasing end? I love the quality of the pad itself, and the writing end of the sharpie is fine. I just wish I could erase what I've written.

You must have a faulty pen as mine erases very well. Maybe just modify your sharpie.
RodrigoGrando
View Profile
Loyal user
Pennsylvania
227 Posts

Profile of RodrigoGrando
Does anyone know the main differences between the ParaPad and the Forster Johnson Pad?
GetMental64
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of GetMental64
Both the parapad and the Forster Johnson pad are excellent mentalism devices, the Forster Johnson pad employs envelopes in addition to the pad. Watch the videos available on youtube etc. and see for yourself if the handling of Jan Forster would be something you would prefer over using the regular parapads. I recommend both Smile
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1538 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
I received my Parapad from Theory 11. It came with a Sharpie. My wife doesn't have the neatest writing in the world, admittedly, but I've had her jot down a few things for some peek practice and, frankly, I'm struggling to read the peek. When I look at the sheet of paper she wrote on it's easy to make out what she wrote. Therefore, the Sharpie doesn't seem to be doing the job with regard to giving a clean impression. Yes, when I write a test note the impression is a bit cleaner but not quite as clean as the writing on the paper.

Did I make a big mistake by buying from Theory 11 and ending up with a Sharpie instead of the pen that Paralabs normally supplies? I've also noticed it can be some what challenging to erase the impression fully without leaving behind black streaks. Would the Stabilo pen do a better job?

Lastly, is there ANY convenient source for the refills besides ordering from Europe?

I'm honestly wondering if I should have gone with a Butterfly instead. Crazy to spend this kind of money and still struggle to read the impression.

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
Nat
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of Nat
Have you spoken to Theory 11?

Quote:
On Mar 23, 2019, Magic Mark wrote:
I received my Parapad from Theory 11. It came with a Sharpie. My wife doesn't have the neatest writing in the world, admittedly, but I've had her jot down a few things for some peek practice and, frankly, I'm struggling to read the peek. When I look at the sheet of paper she wrote on it's easy to make out what she wrote. Therefore, the Sharpie doesn't seem to be doing the job with regard to giving a clean impression. Yes, when I write a test note the impression is a bit cleaner but not quite as clean as the writing on the paper.

Did I make a big mistake by buying from Theory 11 and ending up with a Sharpie instead of the pen that Paralabs normally supplies? I've also noticed it can be some what challenging to erase the impression fully without leaving behind black streaks. Would the Stabilo pen do a better job?

Lastly, is there ANY convenient source for the refills besides ordering from Europe?

I'm honestly wondering if I should have gone with a Butterfly instead. Crazy to spend this kind of money and still struggle to read the impression.

Mark
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
[quote]On Mar 25, 2019, Nat wrote:
Have you spoken to Theory 11?

[quote]On Mar 23, 2019, Magic Mark wrote:

I’m glad that I read this comment before making a purchase. I’ve been looking for more of a pen style impression writer. And I was under the impression that parapad provided this type of writer. I’ve heard rumored, that parapad “IS” the more preferred impression tool. So after reading about the concerns above, I’ve decided to hold off on my purchase until I can get confirmation .
The Mysterious One
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of The Mysterious One
You could make refills pretty easily. That is what I have done. The Parapad is an amazing device. I don't own the pen, but if Paralabs made it .it must be amazing. The challenge is that the pen is almost always out of stock.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
13004 Posts

Profile of John C
My pens dry out to fast. Hassle.
The Mysterious One
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of The Mysterious One
The pen can easily be replaced by a Psypher pen from the frozen bird. Then, you can take it apart and add the Paralabs (m*****) inside the Sharpie . This is a cheaper way alternative and with care, the Psypher Sharpies last a long time. I store mine i. A ziplock bag to make it air prrof. I place it cap down.