The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Effects :: ParaPad from Paralabs (37 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Doug Trouten
View Profile
Elite user
Minnesota
471 Posts

Profile of Doug Trouten
I just came across this thread after a reference to the parapad in a newer thread about "Take Note." Regarding the need for a password to get to the paralabs site, I don't want to jinx this thread but let me just say that if you can't come up with the password given the clue, there's a good chance that you're not into mentalism enough to want to purchase an item of this caliber.
It's still magic even if you know how it's done.
Terry Pratchett
direwolf
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of direwolf
I believe that's the reason for the password - to eliminate those who have neither the knowledge or the ability to find knowledge. This way they have a more serious customer base. Don't let the low post count fool you; I've lurked on here for years before deciding I should give something back. And the constant continuation oft his thread was part of the reason. Especially the number asking for a password.
drigerbest
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of drigerbest
Could someone help me out here - just on the verge of ordering this but just wanted to clarify something.

The version comes with a non sharpie.. stabilo or something.. is there an option to buy a sharpie gimmick somewhere? Or is the stabilo good enough? My only
concern is someone might point out the odd marker pen.. anyone had any issues with this? (I'm in the UK)..
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Stabilo and staedler are far bigger brands in the uk, than Sharpie...they've been around for years and years...just go in wh smiths and rymans and you'll see...
I've asked to be banned
drigerbest
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of drigerbest
Quote:
On Sep 25, 2015, IAIN wrote:
Stabilo and staedler are far bigger brands in the uk, than Sharpie...they've been around for years and years...just go in wh smiths and rymans and you'll see...

Awesome, thanks for the reply.
drigerbest
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of drigerbest
Just put through my order guys. Excited to add this into my routine.
drigerbest
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of drigerbest
EDIT: My order did not go through.. keeps giving me an empty cart each time I go to the checkout page. Have they stopped selling this or something?
drigerbest
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of drigerbest
Order is IN! Excited.
Taterini
View Profile
Special user
604 Posts

Profile of Taterini
I think this is what you are looking for:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/2151
drigerbest
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of drigerbest
Does anyone have any LIVE performances of this? Very hard to find..
Alwow
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
544 Posts

Profile of Alwow
Quote:
On Sep 29, 2015, Taterini wrote:
I think this is what you are looking for:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/2151

Will this work with the parapad also?
"Everything I show you is the truth... And the truth is the loveliest of lies"
Taterini
View Profile
Special user
604 Posts

Profile of Taterini
Yes... it's set up essentially the same as the ParaPad pen
Paul Forster
View Profile
Regular user
Harrogate
179 Posts

Profile of Paul Forster
Hi all,

After reading this thread I decided to order the parapad from head hacking. Has anyone had any issues with the suppliers from head hacking? A week later and theparapad hadn't arrived so I dropped them an email last night to ask what was going on, in a nice way, this morning they gave me a full refund without and explanation. Anyone else have any issues with them?
Thanks
Paul
Paranormal Entertainer
www.paulforster.co.uk

Proud member of PSYCRETS - British Society of Mystery Entertainers

Member of the Harrogate Society of Magicians
www.harrogatesocietyofmagicians.com
Paul Forster
View Profile
Regular user
Harrogate
179 Posts

Profile of Paul Forster
Turns out Head Hacking were out of stock. However, I have a parapad and it has proved very useful so far. I had to make a slight adjustment myself to ensure it worked everytime but I am very happy with it. Worth buying.
Paranormal Entertainer
www.paulforster.co.uk

saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10800 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Why not buy direct from Paralabs?
http://www.paralabs.org/basket/index.php?languageid=2

You should also check out my new SvenPads since we are talking pads -

Hope that helps.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
13001 Posts

Profile of John C
Obviously the reflection in parap is very good. What I don't like is the random nature of it's looks. It just doesn't look ordinary. See my further post in IT
Paul Forster
View Profile
Regular user
Harrogate
179 Posts

Profile of Paul Forster
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2016, saysold1 wrote:
Why not buy direct from Paralabs?
http://www.paralabs.org/basket/index.php?languageid=2

You should also check out my new SvenPads since we are talking pads -

Hope that helps.

I bought it direct from paralabs in the end. I have used this pad for every show I have done and it absolutely kills. The pad is awesome, no heat on it what so ever. The handling is the best I have seen for this type of pad. So quick and easy to get the p**k. Love this pad so much. May need some refills soon. Is there a forum for the pad to share ideas for routines?
Paranormal Entertainer
www.paulforster.co.uk

GeorgeKerzon
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of GeorgeKerzon
The Parapad is a workhorse. I have a friend who own one of the electronic devices and it failed on him twice. Parapad is the gold standard in low tech solutions for "you know what" and it is one hundred percent reliable every time. Nothing more to say.
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Quote:
On May 17, 2016, GeorgeKerzon wrote:
The Parapad is a workhorse. I have a friend who own one of the electronic devices and it failed on him twice. Parapad is the gold standard in low tech solutions for "you know what" and it is one hundred percent reliable every time. Nothing more to say.

Indeed, I have magician friend who also fail using high-end electronic impression device as well. In the end I choose Parapad and it never fails.
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
Karan Singh Magic
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Karan Singh Magic
Could someone PM me the password for Paralabs? The one I think it is, I can't seem to get in.