The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Stage Illusions :: Jim Steinmeyer's "Hospitality" (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Lavey
View Profile
Regular user
Luxembourg
150 Posts

Profile of Lavey
In Jim Steinmeyers book you will find a version how you can do the Hospitality whitout an assistant. The stuff to produce the fake drinks is not toxic, so even if some guy will drink a fake drink, he will not get sick. Maybe he will urinate red or blue for a day or two.
Christian Lavey
Magician from Luxembourg https://lavey.lu
Magicien de Luxembourg https://lavey.lu
Zauberer aus Luxemburg https://lavey.lu
EvanMagic
View Profile
Elite user
Manitoba
471 Posts

Profile of EvanMagic
Does anyone know where you can buy paper milk cartons in bulk? I can't seem to find any...
David Charvet
View Profile
Special user
www.charvetmagic.com
501 Posts

Profile of David Charvet
Evan - Contact your local dairy. Most every city has a "local" brand of milk. Contact the advertising department/person and tell them you are a magician and want to advertise their product - for no charge - at every show you do. They will usually make the empty cartons for you for no charge. Tell them you need them waxed and sealed - but empty. If you get them flat and unwaxed (not sealed) they will leak. It is sometimes a hassle for the dairy to make them, because without the weight of liquid in the cartons they sometimes fall off of the conveyor system they use to seal them. Try to get at least 100 at a time to make it worth their efforts. Good luck!
deliveryboy
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of deliveryboy
Does anyone have a copy of the instruction book with the formulas unfortunately mine disappeared.
thanks John
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
This is a great effect. I've tried it both with and without an assistant. IMO, it's much better with an assistant. Also, I recently started using fake ice during the first phase, and am very pleased with the result.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Signor Blitz
View Profile
Elite user
419 Posts

Profile of Signor Blitz
Delivery boy

you may want to try David Charvet - he has copies of the instructions and since you have one of his, he has a record of your purchase and there should be o problems. If you don't have one of his and you are looking for his set of instructions without purchasing the effect - shame, shame, double shame - everybody knows your name - LOL
pradell
View Profile
Special user
Alaska
560 Posts

Profile of pradell
Deliveryboy: As Illucifer said, Modern Art and Other Mysteries, the "instruction book" is available for purchase from Jim Steinmeyer on his website. The bonus is you also get the plans for Modern Art and the Shadow Theater, an illusion that Alaskan magician Landon Swank performed recently on America's Got Talent.

:magicrabbit:
Harrismatic
View Profile
Elite user
Greece
434 Posts

Profile of Harrismatic
Madhatter has this effect and this period is selling it with discount

you can find it here
http://madhattermagicshop.com/magicshop/......_id=6827

Harrismatic
Illuminate . White Label
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of Illuminate . White Label
Quote:
On 2011-09-12 11:55, Harrismatic wrote:
Madhatter has this effect and this period is selling it with discount

you can find it here
http://madhattermagicshop.com/magicshop/......_id=6827

Harrismatic

Hi...

How does the model at MadHatter compare to the one made by David Charvet ? Its not the same, are they ?

Thanks
INMOTION
View Profile
Regular user
Ohio
167 Posts

Profile of INMOTION
Could someone who currently owns the Charvet model of Hospitality please PM me.

Thanks
afoi
View Profile
Regular user
malaysia
142 Posts

Profile of afoi
Quote:
On 2003-12-04 02:20, mike_york wrote:
I have come up with a totally different method to the trick. It does not require any chemicals or formulas. I might sell you the concept if interested. I have slid it across the table to some of the big dogs out there. Still yet to see it.

Mike

Mind PM me on this?
- a f o i -
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Here is the finished milk carton I developed for the trick with the assistance of a local dairy

Kevinh5
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of Kevinh5
Very cool! How many did you have to buy to get them to do that?
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
They gave them to me empty, I made the lables
zoltan
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of zoltan
Quote:
On 2003-12-04 00:58, Bob Sanders wrote:
I really like this illusion. My ethical problem is that my wife and partner is also a real practicing physician. Passing out the (second batch) magic drinks for sampling is no problem because they are real. My concern is someone drinking one of the "look-a-like" drinks (off stage, by accident, etc.). Does anyone have any very harmless formulas for the fake drinks? Some of mine are not for human consumption.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

or you could just poison your audience like this guy -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNYXSf5WT1E

makes everything sooo much easier Smile
I say in 200 words what most people say in 20.
PetervanRhein
View Profile
New user
Netherlands
58 Posts

Profile of PetervanRhein
There is no second batch of drinks in that video (nor was the audience poisoned) but they all confirmed that the drinks were real.
Was the switch cut from the final video?
john wills
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of john wills
The book about Alan Wakeling gives some very smart answers (also from Jim Steinmeyer)
Martello
View Profile
Loyal user
Catskill Mountains
280 Posts

Profile of Martello
Wow, this is an old thread. Just my 2 cents, but I have all of the books that this is published in (Steinmeyer, Wakeling, Atkins) but the real trick is coming up with the correct formula! If anyone can give me something that will work without 20 or more hours of experimentation, I would love to do this on stage. Unfortunately, I could not find the perfect formula after hours/days/months of experimentation The trick itself is simple and Steinmeyer explains it nicely in the Modern Art manuscript, but I have tried so many different p....s, and d....s without real success, that I have given up. even David Charvet's kind offering did no work for me. Any real help, would be greatly appreciated. It is a mind blowing effect if it is presented correctly and the audience believes the drinks being poured into the glasses are in fact real!

Arthur
Escape Artist
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Escape Artist
Arthur, I have come up with a simple method to make the drinks that look good, I will PM you
MichaelKent
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of MichaelKent
Ever since this post 11 years ago, I have been getting PM's asking for the recipes. I stopped sending them a long time ago because I began to question whether or not the people requesting had actually purchased the illusion/book/rights to perform the trick. So I hope you don't take offense, but I will not be sharing the drink recipes I use for Hospitality. My advice is to experiment. With a little creative thinking and a lot of experimenting, you'll find drinks that look great!