The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Stage Illusions :: Jim Steinmeyer's "Hospitality" (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Gianni
View Profile
Special user
WILMINGTON, DE
993 Posts

Profile of Gianni
Any reviews or thoughts available on this? Is an assistant required?

Thank you for any info.

Gianni
mike_york
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of mike_york
I love this effect. It has worked really well for me and always gets a great reaction. Plus it is a great audience participation illusion. You don't have to use a little kid for the effect. You could use an adult. I would suggest changing the drinks produced for an adult. Like using beer and wine and so on. For me I like using a child for the effect. Plus a lot of people will respect you for doing so.

I can see someone not using an assistant for the effect. You would have to work on this though. It works best with an assistant.

It does take a good afternoon and some trial and error testing to get everything right. But once you get it down preset for this illusion will take less than 2 minutes. If you a familiar with the effect than you know what I am talking about.

If you have any questions or clarifications on this let me know. I can give better advice if I have something to go on.

All the best,
Mike
Gianni
View Profile
Special user
WILMINGTON, DE
993 Posts

Profile of Gianni
Mike: thanks for your thoughts. I appreciate it.

Gianni
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
I really like this illusion. My ethical problem is that my wife and partner is also a real practicing physician. Passing out the (second batch) magic drinks for sampling is no problem because they are real. My concern is someone drinking one of the "look-a-like" drinks (off stage, by accident, etc.). Does anyone have any very harmless formulas for the fake drinks? Some of mine are not for human consumption.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
mike_york
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of mike_york
I have come up with a totally different method to the trick. It does not require any chemicals or formulas. I might sell you the concept if interested. I have slid it across the table to some of the big dogs out there. Still yet to see it.

Mike
MichaelKent
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of MichaelKent
I perform Hospitality and love it. I never use an onstage assistant for the trick, I've routined around it. I don't like the idea of someone being onstage and doing NOTHING with them through the majority of the routine. I've also come up with some great solutions for "formulas" to make really great looking drinks. Email me if youre interested at all.
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1911 Posts

Profile of chmara
The Charvet/Evans rig is portable -- the drinks are tasty to the audience -- and the effect is as effective as Doug Henning's less portable big rig. GC
Gregg (C. H. Mara) Chmara

Commercial Operations, LLC

Tucson, AZ

C. H. Mara Illusion & Psychic Entertainments
JuRim
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of JuRim
I use a combination of my own hospitality version ( no assistant necessary ) and the new product from master mentalist Ted Lesely: The Ceramic Miracle Pitcher. Look at Ted ´s Homepage:www.wonderworkshop.de!
It´s a pitcher in the tradition of McCullough´s Mighty Miracle Pitcher with some nice new twists.
The audience sees a pitcher full of water, you ask them if they prefere Red or white wine. You can offer them both from this one pitcher ( no switch)! Smile
Love it!
I asked if she like cardtricks. she said:No! I did four...
slimmyj15
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of slimmyj15
Hello all:

Does anyone know who carries the effect?

-Thanks
B Hackler
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of B Hackler
David charavet sells one on his web site I believe it is charavetmagic.com
Circus Bambouk
View Profile
Loyal user
Tempe, AZ
256 Posts

Profile of Circus Bambouk
deliveryboy
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of deliveryboy
I should be getting mine next week anyone have any tips on formulas or performance help p.m. me.
thanks John
chrusa
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
736 Posts

Profile of chrusa
Doesn any one ever get a spectator not wanting to taste this drink? Too many people these days are concerned about stuff from strangers and health risks. I think people worry too much but could see a problem sometime?
Thanks,
<BR>
<BR>Chris Hrusa
chefmagic
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of chefmagic
Does any one know where you can buy the plans to build it.
Mike

Magic Legacy - Low prices on great magic!
www.magiclegacy.net
davemajor
View Profile
Regular user
UK
184 Posts

Profile of davemajor
The plans (if I remember) are in Jim Steinmeyers Modern Art and other mysteries. good luck sourcing the book. I believe it is out if print, but you may be able to find someone to sell it to you,
hope this helps,
Dave
BrianJ
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of BrianJ
If there is anyone who wants to sell the book I'd be interested in it.
Thanks,
Brian
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
"Modern Art & Other Mysteries" is back in print in a new slightly expanded edition. See Jim's website.
It's all in the reflexes.
taiwanben
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of taiwanben
Quote:
On 2003-06-29 23:21, Gianni wrote:
Any reviews or thoughts available on this? Is an assistant required?

Thank you for any info.

Gianni

I have on set brand new. This act can be a one-Man show.
if you were interested. I can offer you my pictures.
BEN
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1954 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
I have dealed with Ben many times, very nice young gentleman...and I really happy w him.

Cheers,
CC
stijnhommes
View Profile
Special user
568 Posts

Profile of stijnhommes
Quote:
On 2009-04-07 23:26, chrusa wrote:
Doesn any one ever get a spectator not wanting to taste this drink? Too many people these days are concerned about stuff from strangers and health risks. I think people worry too much but could see a problem sometime?
If you don't build enough trust with your audience to the point they don't want to drink something you offer, something is wrong. Obviously allergies are a possible health risk, but if that is the reason they refuse, they'll let you know. I have yet to have a spectator refuse to accept edibles from me during a show.