The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Accessories :: The Impossible Bottle by Philip Evans :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3783 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
The Impossible Bottle by Philip Evans

-------oOo-------

Description: Using unaltered bottles and genuine Bicycle Brand playing cards (still wrapped in their original seal), the United Kingdom's Philip Evans enters the Impossible Bottle market with his very own line of head turners.

Looking into the sealed bottle you will see that every card case has a small 'window' cut into the side, which clearly shows that all the cards are present. You can even lightly shake the bottle and see the cards move.

In addition, each bottle rests upon a Mahogany-stained wooden display stand which adds a bit of artistic class to wherever you choose to display your impossible bottle.

Philip currently offers the following three impossibilities

The Original

The deck sits within the solid glass bottle, with just millimetres to spare. Simple astonishment. Nothing more.

---

Locked Up

The brass padlock is imprisoned inside the bottle, and fastened through the cork with a decorative monkey's fist knot. It is too wide to pull out of the bottle, even when unlocked. A real head-turner of a bottle.

---

Nerves of Steel

With just 1cm clearance between the steel bolt and the bottle sides, this is without a doubt the most difficult bottle to create. The steel bolt is guaranteed solid and in one piece. It is fastened to the deck with nuts and washers. The ultimate impossibility.

----------------

For those of you who may not know, Impossible bottles have been around for a number of years but gained real popularity once magician Harry Eng began introducing his various impossible bottles to the world at large.

These bottles are considered impossible bottles because everything that you see inside each one enters thru the opening at the top. None of the bottles have been altered in any fashion whatsoever, thus the idea of seeing a shoe, Rubick's Cube or a deck of playing cards inside simply bewilders the mind - it just doesn't seem possible!

Although Harry Eng really helped to bring these wonderful puzzles to the general public, several other individuals have since then created their own legacy of impossible bottle works. Some of you may even recall that a few years back I wrote a review of Jamie Grant's impossible bottles which are still amazing to look at.

Enter impossible bottle maker Philip Evans who has created his very own line of impossibilities. Working from his home in Nottingham Philip somehow finds the time to create some of the finest impossible bottles I have seen thus far.

When Philip first contacted me and asked if I would review one of his bottles I had to think about it for a time. Afterall, what was he bringing to the table?

Well, after visiting Philip's website and seeing the three bottles he offers, I presented Philip the following challenge:

"I'll review your bottle provided you make me a bottle that is a combination of all three of the bottles on your website!"

I figured he would decline...I was wrong!

As evidenced in the above photographs Philip was indeed up to the challenge. Combining his Original Bottle, the Locked Up Bottle and his very own Nerves of Steel, Philip presented to me a genuine impossible bottle to be sure.

This bottle is everything an impossible bottle should be and more. I especially liked the included display stand and the fact that I can actually see the cards inside the box - very cool. Although the bottle Philip made for me is not offered on his site - I'm sure Mr.Evan's could be coaxed into making another one. Smile

Finally, I think that anyone looking for a genuine conversation piece can do no wrong by paying a visit to Philips website. His work is impeccable and I give it my highest recommendation.

----------------

My rating:

Suggested retail: Varies by bottle - £59.99, £99.99 and £119.99
(Anywhere in the United Kingdom)

You can email Philip Evans directly at:

info@impossiblebottle.co.uk

To order direct, visit Phil's website at:

Click here!

You can also contact Phil via snail mail at:

Phil Evans
4 Borlace Crescent
Stapleford