The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Friend of a Friend :: ***ation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Withnail
View Profile
Special user
974 Posts

Profile of Withnail
Hi - I bought a pocket mentalism effect a while back (proof of postage and all that!)

And need a pm from some friendly person.

The effect was the Sleuth card (I think that's what it was called)

Based on a Paul Brook card.

Anyhoo, like a muppet I bought it, came to reuse it, and now have forgoten the rational behind Chloe.

If anyone can PM it to me (I'm happy to give proof of purchase) I'd be most appreciative Smile

Thanks guys!
Yet again that oaf has destroyed my day
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
PM Paul Brooks, he'd be happy to help.

Regards,
Mike
mentalist25
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of mentalist25
What is pocket mentalism effect?
maybe ahv a link?
10X
MJE
View Profile
Elite user
After all these years,I STILL have only
410 Posts

Profile of MJE
Quote:
On Mar 11, 2013, mentalist25 wrote:

That's where you can tell someone how many pockets he has by having a card selected, lost in the deck, have the deck cut, pick a number from one to ten, and deal off that number of cards by spelling the number. If you followed the directions, you will arrive at a 4 (suits vary).
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1739 Posts

Profile of 0pus
Quote:
On Jun 6, 2015, MJE wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 11, 2013, mentalist25 wrote:

That's where you can tell someone how many pockets he has . . . .

This never works for me because my spectators get fouled up in whether to call those little "ticket" pockets in a man's outside jacket pocket (and sometimes in the right front pocket of dress pants) a pocket or not. The explanations (outs) required undermine the effectiveness of the trick. YMMV.
MJE
View Profile
Elite user
After all these years,I STILL have only
410 Posts

Profile of MJE
Quote:
On Mar 16, 2016, 0pus wrote:
my spectators get fouled up in whether to call those little "ticket" pockets in a jacket pocket a pocket or not.

Ah, that's a nice little subtlety that is well explained on the DVD. It just wouldn't be right to expose it on this forum, but I'll give you a hint. In your opening remarks, refer to it as a "utility receptacle." You can probably guess the rest.