The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The clothes we wear :: secret pockets... (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Diavo
View Profile
Veteran user
The District
357 Posts

Profile of Diavo
What kind of secret pockets do you have... in your suits, shirts, pants, etc?

I remember Tim Ellis has his inner suit jacket's pocket connecting to his outside pocket!
I'm not just a magician, I'm an interpreter of Reality.
Underground, above ground, whatever. I don't need a label, thanks.
Frank Tougas
View Profile
Inner circle
Minneapolis, MN
1712 Posts

Profile of Frank Tougas
Just a standard toppit sewn inside my sport coat. I am thinking about having it redone so it can be accessed by the side pocket. For that I will bring it to a taylor.
Frank Tougas The Twin Cities Most "Kid Experienced" Children's Performer :"Creating Positive Memories...One Smile at a Time"
Mark Martinez
View Profile
Inner circle
Wisconsin
1276 Posts

Profile of Mark Martinez
I have arm pockets and a topits on both sides. Also a modified wallet pocket on the left inside of the jacket.
Magically,
Mark

Success comes before work only in the dictionary. - Anonymous
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27302 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I met someone who was a student of the Chavez school. His pants had all kinds of pockets in the seams. There are some great 'travelers' clothes available with extra pockets that might come in handy.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
WizzBang
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of WizzBang
Basically extra pockets in my jacket for storage purposes.
Small pockets in my sleeves to load coins quickly.
Sideways pockets at rear lower hem of jacket to store my TT's preloaded.
Diavo
View Profile
Veteran user
The District
357 Posts

Profile of Diavo
"small pockets in sleeves"... you mean on the inside of your cuffs, or outside on the upper arm?

I like the idea of double pants pockets, so you can cleanly show your pockets empty by pulling them inside-out, while you have your load in the OTHER secret pocket. =)
WizzBang
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of WizzBang
Small pockets in my sleeves - on the inside of the sleeve, about half way up your forearm.
You raise your hands up, the coin drops out. You lower your hands and the coin drops into the palm of your hand - and you're ready to go.
Diavo
View Profile
Veteran user
The District
357 Posts

Profile of Diavo
oh, I gotcha. Cool idea. =)
Magique Hands
View Profile
Loyal user
Lincoln, NE.
247 Posts

Profile of Magique Hands
Among other pockets, etc... the most unusual altering I've had done to my wardrobe was to have special 'hold-outs' and pockets sewn under the flaps of both coat lapels.

"We magicians are strange folk."... as my tailor once commented to me years ago.

- - Troy Smile
"If you go around sprinkling Woofle Dust on everything... people will think 'My... What an odd character." www.magicmafia.com
chriscox
View Profile
Regular user
London
174 Posts

Profile of chriscox
I just have a few extra pockets swon in, to carry everything around so as not to buldge!
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Cellini (also a Chavez student) has a couple of great extra front pockets in his pants.

They are very large, and he really makes great use of them. ANd not just for storing stuff, but for stealing and ditching items.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Drylid
View Profile
Regular user
San Antonio, TX
110 Posts

Profile of Drylid
Anyone have any good books or dvds they recommend for some uses or construction of said pockets/clothing? Quarantine led me to getting my sewing machine finally and id love to start making some for when the world is normal again