The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: THE MAGIC MENU - The International Journal for Close-Up Magicians :: Winter 2010 Issue :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Jim Sisti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Connecticut
457 Posts

Profile of Jim Sisti
The new issue just went to the printer. For those who are interested, you can check out the new cover (done in our usual unprovocative, understated way) and its contents here.

It'll be in the mail next week (and, for those of you with unusually delicate sensibilities, you can rest easy as I took all of the naughty words out. However, if you read Tom Frank's column out loud into a tape recorder and then play the tape in reverse...

Never mind.
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
I'll be waiting. I'm gonna miss the color though. Smile
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
Jim Sisti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Connecticut
457 Posts

Profile of Jim Sisti
What color are you talking about?? It's a full-color cover, just like last issue, and the inside is b/w - just like the last issue.
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5697 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Jim,

I believe that Slyhand is refering to "color" in regards to the some of the "colorful" verbiage that some of us used in our first issue.

I LOVE the new cover and think it GREAT! Hopefully, the cover won't be cut out by anyone and used as birdcage fodder...

Also excited to see my buddy Diamond Jim Tyler contributing. I hope he plans to stick around for a while!

Christopher
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Jim Sisti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Connecticut
457 Posts

Profile of Jim Sisti
Christopher:

Of course you're right. Totally blew right past me. Too much going on at once (besides getting the new issue of Menu out, I'm helping to coordinate Richard Osterlind's 4-day seminar in February, plus I just booked two nights at a new restaurant, etc.)

Sorry, Alec!
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5697 Posts

WOW! Congrats on the new gig Jim! See everyone...it's NOT IMPOSSIBLE to book new work during the first of the year! Awesome News...!

Christopher
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
No problem Jim. You have a lot on your plate.

I'll just put the color in where I think it was or should be, just to amuse myself.

Where is The 4 day seminar going to be?
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
Jim Sisti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Connecticut
457 Posts

Profile of Jim Sisti
Connecticut. Here's the prospectus:

http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs047......884.html
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5697 Posts

Jim,

I noticed that Mark Byrne was not listed as a columnist in this issue. Is he still on board?
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Jim Sisti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Connecticut
457 Posts

Profile of Jim Sisti
Christopher:

Mark's column will be running every other issue, alternating with Diamond Jim Tyler's Bamboozlers column, which will debut in the Summer issue. Mark will be back in the Spring issue.
Jim Sisti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Connecticut
457 Posts

Profile of Jim Sisti
The Winter 2010 issue was mailed today - it should be arriving in mailboxes shortly.
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
I will be waiting.

Alec
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Got mine in today's mail, and have already read it. Great issue! It was really cool to have Mr. Osterlind on board.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
1867 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
I got my issue today as well. Haven't finished it, but am about a third of the way through it and am really enjoying it. Congratulations to you, Jim, and your columnists. Another great job!
Coram Deo
Jim Sisti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Connecticut
457 Posts

Profile of Jim Sisti
Thanks, guys. I'm very pleased with this issue. I believe we're beginning to find our "vibe."
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5480 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
It showed up in Seattle yesterday. Looks great!
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5697 Posts

Got mine in the mail today Jimbo! I've only read your intro thus far but can't wait for morning to tear into the pages with eyes wide opened.
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
I skimmed thru it and loved it.
I am going to reread it tonight in bed to give it the attention it deserves.

Alec
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5697 Posts

GREAT! Alec's going to read it in bed. Try and make sure the pages don't get stuck together! Slyhand indeed!

Still have yet to get 3 seconds to myself to sit and read...hoping to do that tonight once Willow goes to sleep...

Christopher
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
I'll see you in Vegas at the end of the month where I will have you sign your column for me. That is, if you can peel it apart.

(Disclaimer) I eat jelly sandwiches in bed.

Alec