The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tenyo of Japan :: Rarest and most expensive Tenyo (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
I was amazed too at the price for Floating lady 320USD , I wanted to make an offer because it is one of last one who misses me in my collection but no way. To be honest I had the impression that the sale was forged by looking at the bids, but well...
I believe that I would never have this trick ... Smile
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1439 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
I had the floating lady when It came out. I loved it. I do not think it was easy to figure out, at least not back then. I thought it was clever and a nice presentation. You could make a lady float anytime anywhere if you had it in your pocket.

Like most toys, if you really knew what was going to go out of mass production and become collectible, we would all be rich. I really have no clue what would have happened to this prop to have made me part with it.
Mark F
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of Mark F
Quote:
On 2010-07-13 17:37, stereo wrote:
I was amazed too at the price for Floating lady 320USD , I wanted to make an offer because it is one of last one who misses me in my collection but no way. To be honest I had the impression that the sale was forged by looking at the bids, but well...
I believe that I would never have this trick ... Smile

Ah, no fake bids (or forgeries) going on with this auction, I promise you. As the seller I was as surprised as anyone by the price. I would not have been so surprised if it had gone for $200 but that price was very high. When two or more people want something that bad they get impulsive. My luck I suppose that two people wanted it that bad.

Stereo - were you the one who asked for a photo of the back of the package? I do have that somewhere and will send it soon. If not I do have another Floating Lady in better condition and will photograph that one.

Best,

Mark (mafru2 on eBay)
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Thank you, yes it's me for the back packaging ! If you can I'd be very happy to have this photo for my blog.
Thank you Smile
Mark F
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of Mark F
Will do my best.

Just to follow up in case anyone is interested. The buyer of Floating Lady got his item and left feedback. For what he spent I hope it was a major collection filler.
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Okay... Bare bones may be my new favorite tenyo.

VERY nice job on the video.
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magic patagonia
Quote:
On 2010-07-21 11:19, Cyberqat wrote:
Okay... Bare bones may be my new favorite tenyo.

VERY nice job on the video.

Thank you Cyberqat!!!
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Snidini
Great video on the Bare Bones. What year was this made available? Another favorite of mine I just picked up was the Sandwich Platter. Great little trick.

Snidini
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
1987 !

http://tenyo-magic.blogspot.com/2010/05/......nes.html

Yes Sandwich platter is extremely good effect. Like this one too.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5162 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
As a collector of rare and unusual magic effects and other oddities, I found it to be surprisingly (and frighteningly) easy to get caught up in the energy of bidding. Sanity becomes secondary to desire. There really is no right or wrong to what sells for how much. A collectible's worth is subjective. That's the beauty of collecting I guess...and the horror.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
This place turns into kind of philosophical alma mater... very nice and refreshing! Smile
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
I have one Crystal Pyramide wich is Purple, the Tenyo logo is engraved, but all the people whom I asked have never seen or heard about a purple Crystal pyramid.
Maybe someone on this forum can tell me more or has already seen other copies ?
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
Did Crystal Pyramid also come out as part of the Magic Works line by Milton Bradley? If so, then that might be the purple model.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3876 Posts

Profile of Julie
I believe the Magic Works version of Tenyo's Crystal Pyramid was NOT a pyramid, but rather a clear cover with a flattened top...?

IF it's the one I'm remembering, the MB name was Coin In The Crypt.

Julie

P.S.> I've just checked and I have an extra Milton Bradley Coin In The Crypt in the original box etc. available for sale, if anyone is interested. $35 delivered in the continental U.S. Smile (PayPal preferred) PM me.
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-01-12 01:09, Julie wrote:
I believe the Magic Works version of Tenyo's Crystal Pyramid was NOT a pyramid, but rather a clear cover with a flattened top...?

IF it's the one I'm remembering, the MB name was Coin In The Crypt.

Julie

P.S.> I've just checked and I have an extra Milton Bradley Coin In The Crypt in the original box etc. available for sale, if anyone is interested. $35 delivered in the continental U.S. Smile (PayPal preferred) PM me.

Magic Works version is like a Mexican Pyramid
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3060 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Milton Bradley was concerned about the sharp edges on the Tenyo version, hence the redesign. I have both but prefer the look of the Tenyo version, and for some reason my Tenyo version seems to work smoother.

John
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3876 Posts

Profile of Julie
Hi John
I don't have the Tenyo version, but I seem to remember reading on the Café a long time ago about someone commenting that the "redesign" was more reliable that the pointy top pyramid style in actual performances.

I don't mean to be argumentative (really!), but now I am curious to hear from other Tenyo enthusiasts as to whether there is in fact a difference AND, if there is, which version each has found to be the most desirable...?

Julie
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

I prefer the MB version..I just prefer the design and color combination...the both versions I have works perfect.
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4008 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
The best Tenyo effect was Diabolicus. A volunteer trashed mine...thought it was funny. I have been unable to replace it. I saw it on eBay for over $200. Don't want it THAT much. But I still check there a couple of times a week.
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3060 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
The Milton Bradley version "Knights Tomb" is on the auction site now with an opening bid of $29. There has been debate here on this version versus the Tenyo version. I have both and prefer Diabolicus but it is a viable option.

John