The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Association of Family and Kidshow Performers :: John Carlson Presents: Big Birthday Business (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Anyone have any experience with this course?
thinking of getting it

Thanks

Don
Magicray80
View Profile
New user
New Jersey
69 Posts

Profile of Magicray80
John has great stuff! JMMRT had him come and lecture for us, he gives you all the nuts and bolts of the business, he shows you how to set up shop, how to market, make shows more profitable, how to get referrals from past clients, how to get testimonals, good info, info, info, info and lots of info!

Ray
"And What Not!!!" paisa23 you know what i mean.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Yes it is good.
Dennis Michael
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Have it..Love it!!

Don

Thanks for the up-date on the conference this month Dennis..It was I that called you the other day from Long Island and said I was going to go.
johnmharris
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of johnmharris
I'm glad to learn of this one. I'm curious: what are some of the other highly rated birthday business courses?
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Comedy Warm-ups for Children's Shows by David Ginn is a booklet made up of jokes, bits, gags, routines, and patter designed to warm up the audience for receiving and appreciating and enjoying the show.

Kidbiz by David Ginn. Contains pages of routines and warm-up, and lots of puns and comedy lines

"Birthday Magician's Handbook" by Dave Fiscus. The is one section which describes the importance of warm-ups. Excellent book. Very good for the Beginner.

"How To Become Your Area’s TOP Children’s Entertainer" by Eric Paul. Book for magicians who want to perform for children. Includes lots of marketing material. Excellent book.

And my favorite...
Ken Scott's "Birthday Dough"
http://www.kenscottproducts.com/DVD.html
Dennis Michael
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7568 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
In addition to the products that Dennis mentioned (including John Carlson's product), there are a couple of others that came to mind.

Dennis and I have talked about Tony Daniels' Kid-show Magician's Notebook. I think that also covers birthday party marketing and scripts.

Also, John Breeds' "How to Create Kid's Magi......me" book might be helpful for those wanting to learn about the business side of birthdays.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
sspanks
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta GA
241 Posts

Profile of sspanks
I recently purchased John's book BIG Birthday Party business. This book is well written, easy to understand and full of some great ideas. I have enjoyed reading the book and will continue to use it as a reference to help grow my business.

The marketing section in the book is worth the price alone... Although I have already implemented some of his ideas, he did give me some new marketing tools that I had not thought of prior to reading his book.

If you are just starting out... this is a "Must Have" book.

-stephen
-stephen
NeverGrowUpMagic

http://www.NeverGrowUpMagic.com
jcorb
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of jcorb
Can anyone tell me where to purchase the John Carlson book?
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

john@magicshow.com
Will usually get to him
Dennis Michael
jcorb
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of jcorb
Ok thanks. I'll try that.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7568 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
More info on the product here:

http://www.bigbirthdaypartybusiness.com/

- Donald
Bernie Balloons
View Profile
Elite user
N.Y.C.
480 Posts

Profile of Bernie Balloons
I think it is in bad taste to sell John Carlson's DVD .You have the resource guide contracts ect...You got your moneys worth from it. Let some one else do the same and buy it from him .You will get the course for $50 if you sell it .I do not think it is a fair deal to the man who gave you his everything on the birthday party business.
ilpetre
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of ilpetre
Hi to everyone , can you tell me where can I get all the course Big Birthday Business? thanks a lot!
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7568 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
If John's website is no longer working, you could try buying the course through his friend Brad Ross:

http://www.makemagicmoney.com/bigbirthday.html

http://www.makemagicmoney.com/contact.html

John Carlson has spoken at Brad's "It Factor Live" events.

- Donald
ilpetre
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of ilpetre
Thanks a lot Smile I will try Smile
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1177 Posts

Profile of Russo
Be careful - I don't know if its still being done - but in the 60's(Los Angeles) when doing a set of shows for a Church Carnival - between shows a gentelman flashed his badge(County Clerk ) and asked for my Licience- I asked for 'what'- he said your getting paid for this aren't you??- 'yes' I said- he then said - 'if your getting paid-your in Busines and HAVE TO have a Business Licience-gave me a summons and said- see you in my office with your books (thank goodness I kept books)- was FINED $50. ($150) for past 3 years and $50. per year since(or get audited -possible arrested)-when I moved to different States I would ask- YES -- you need a Business Licience -if you get paid$$$ though that was YEARS ago -- Still Happening?????????????????? Ralph(russo)Rousseau(pro-since 1947)
Blackington
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Blackington
Hi - This seems good, and I'm at a beginning point myself. Thanks DD / DM - I'll check out the links you've provided.