The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Shuffled not Stirred :: Chapter One - Asi Wind (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Cohiba
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
749 Posts

Profile of Cohiba
I think what drphil is recommending is to get a break at the estimated point, and glimpse at your estimation (peaking into the break). This way you can adjust the break up or down a card or two before the cut, vs. cutting the deck twice.
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1119 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
I think so as well,which matches the boxed example I posted(close enough).

Jan's post was of the essence of method, when takin into context,but thinking of just the cased method,i see where drphil is coming from.
MatthewSims
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of MatthewSims
Does anyone know if this is sold out? I can't find it anywhere.

Matthew
jeebs9
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of jeebs9
Quote:
On Jul 17, 2014, MatthewSims wrote:
Does anyone know if this is sold out? I can't find it anywhere.

Matthew

Here you go

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S11742
MatthewSims
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of MatthewSims
Jeebs9, Penguin is out of stock. Thanks anyway though.

It seems everywhere is out of stock. Was this a limited edition?
Robert P.
View Profile
Special user
Kansas
632 Posts

Profile of Robert P.
Hi Matthew, it appears hocus-pocus.com has it in stock. MJM Magic currently shows they will be receiving more copies on August 15. If you're willing to wait, copies do show up every once in while for sale on the Café (I got my copy a couple of weeks ago). Good luck.
MatthewSims
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of MatthewSims
Thanks so much Robert!
poonchingyip
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
419 Posts

Profile of poonchingyip
Vanishing Inc also has some stocks. I just got mine couple weeks ago.

- Arthur
lcwright1964
View Profile
Special user
Toronto
569 Posts

Profile of lcwright1964
I have enjoyed it very much and am looking forward to attending his lecture and workshop when he is in Toronto in a couple of weeks.

The ACAAN is, in my humble opinion, the only named-card CAAN out there worth performing. The move is so simple and diabolical that I still can't catch it with repeat watching of Asi's performances (I bought the trick separately through Dan and Dave and don't regret it.)

My second favourite is Barrie Richardson's Impromptu CAAN, but that requires a physical selection. Barrie's solution to the named card ACAAN in Theatre of the Mind puts suspicious restrictions on the number range. Asi's solution does not.

Les
drmagico
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of drmagico
Just saw Asi last night at a lecture. Everything he performed and taught is extremely thought out with attention to every detail. He performed new material as well as items from Chapter One. I agree that his ACAAN is great along with other items from the booklet. A must read!
lcwright1964
View Profile
Special user
Toronto
569 Posts

Profile of lcwright1964
Quote:
On May 3, 2012, Steven Keyl wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-05-03 07:42, Magicmagician83 wrote:
Does anyone have any idea how difficult it is to riffle count ANY number of cards while they are still in the box? SHEESH! This is a terrific method but it is downright impossible unless you employ a way to easily and quickly riffle to the right number of cards without looking. Even Matthew Johnson's version is difficult. Anyone know of a method where the deck can be out on the table before the card and number are named that doesn't involve Asi Wind's method in regards to uncasing the deck?

Asi Wind's version does not require a "riffle count" but as this is not a protected forum it wouldn't be prudent to get into methods, etc. I love this version and on the RARE occasion I do an ACAAN, this is one of the two that I perform.

Agreed, Steven. I bought the trick from D&D. Asi elucidates the method very clearly. I avoid knuckle busters like the plague, but even I have this down more or less. I can't do the move as imperceptibly as Asi does in the videos, but it isn't nearly as difficult as Magicmagician83 implies. Things have to set up correctly, though, and Asi covers this in Chapter One and even more throughly, with some refinements, in the AACAAN video download.

Les
BigG
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of BigG
I know this thread is ten years old, but I am a newbie to the site.

I am looking for a copy of Chapter One, but, it seems to be out of stock everywhere I look. Can anyone help me find a copy.