The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: APPealing or APPalling? :: Dracula Book test for iphone (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
http://alanrorrison.com/indedapp1926367.html
Welcome to the crazy world of IphoneAPP magic. The iphone has loads of Apps designed to do magic in the app store but I stumbled across one problem. None of them really seemed organic. As soon as you performed one of these effects with the phone everyone screams " its an app!!! very clever but it's an app". So here is one of the most organic Apps on the market
You show the spectator an ebook on your phone and run through how it works ( scrolling etc) for them... You let them see that every single page is different before you have a page randomly selected. You hold the phone face down so no one can see and invite them to scroll though the pages as much as they would like. When they stop you hold the phone screen up to them and ask them to remmber the first or or line on the page. They do so and then they close the app down or scroll past the page themselfs.
You have never seen where they have stopped and they can stop where every they choose. With this all in mind you can still devine down to the exact letter where they stopped. A true mind reading miracle in your pocket. Ready to go at all times.
This is the full book and can be free inspected
Hit the right word or sentance 100% of the time
super easy to do
No large books to carry. it is all on your phone
Looks and acts like a normal ebook

Quotes
"The easiest and most portable book test to date!"-Erik Jansson
"This, like all of Alan's work, is magic that could make you pregnant. This is a piece of mentalism to really sink your teeth into. HA! Did you see what I did there?! But really, Alan has brought a classic of mentalism to the iPhone. The method is cunning, the effect bold, and I think mentalists will be greatly looking forward to this truly 'anytime, anywhere' piece." - Liam Montier Pro Maigician
“The Dracula Book Test for iPhone is exactly what iPhone is about. Evolving classic illusions so that they are easy, direct and still job smacking. Alan’s got a true iPhone miracle that I’ll be using all the time!” - Jamie Daws Pro Magican
"Alan has taken the classic booktest and modified it to fit the new generation. This is fantastic."

"Finally a 'magic app' that doesn't look like a magic app! Alan has applied everyday technology with an incredible method, making this an excellent, impromptu feeling miracle." - Jeff Prace Pro Magician

Only £3

Posted: Nov 23, 2009 4:53pm
Hello folks and as promised the Update is now Live. Any one who already owns this do not panic. The next time you load the app online it will update automatically and all updates are free

Whats new:
Now 80% faster so no long load times.
Full off-line capability's so you do not need a net connection to perform. 100% itouch compatible. Slightly larger font by the users request so easier to see.

Many thanks for all your input folks. it has been a stress full one but enjoyable non the less. So if you have it, enjoy the quicker better update. If not. what are you waiting for? Buy it now at http://www.AlanRorrison.com.

How can you complain at £3?
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
I love apps that look secondary to the magic. The app should have as much to do with the magic as a deck of cards, your business card, or billet, or book in a reg book test.

I am curious if this involves the app, or the text, like the regular dracula book test.

Id the latter, then it is open for other books, although, I have an idea (might not work, I'm not that app savvy) in which any text could be used, and the app would do the rest.

Alan, ill talk to you on MSN or email. I have some other app ideas I'd like to talk to someone about.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
theboywonder
View Profile
Loyal user
Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
228 Posts

Profile of theboywonder
Coolness, Alan! I have this app right next to my google app! Love it! What are you working on next, hmmmmm?
It would really be quite tragic
if the world had to do without magic!
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
I have one in the works... Get your behind ready for it
bunkyhenry
View Profile
Special user
NYC Metro
828 Posts

Profile of bunkyhenry
OK I purchased this. How and when does it come to me?
theboywonder
View Profile
Loyal user
Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
228 Posts

Profile of theboywonder
Hey Alan! Within the past couple of months, I purchased your Google app as well as this Dracula one. I recently changed my iPhone, and now I have lost the 2 apps as iTunes doesn't recognize them! Can you help me get them on my new iPhone? I paid for both of them using PayPal. If you need any personal details, please PM me so that I can continue performing these awesome tricks. Thank you so much!
It would really be quite tragic
if the world had to do without magic!
bunkyhenry
View Profile
Special user
NYC Metro
828 Posts

Profile of bunkyhenry
Anybody? I purchased this. How and when does it come to me? I emailed Alan but havent heard back yet.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
After you paid, there should've been a link for you to click on.
If you accidentally skipped that step, email Alan and he will eventually get back to you.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Boywonder. I'll send you out the links tomorow when I'm home. A quick note to everyone., if you use the "backup" feture in iTunes. It will back up my apps for you too. So if you update or switch out phones but use the same iTunes account it will re install them.

Bunky., email me your transaction Id and I'll get your link sorted out tomorow when I'm back home. I'm visiting the guys at worldmagicshop.com just now
dannsirs
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of dannsirs
Great application
Keep on Entertaining

Mark James
dannsirs@yahoo.com
http://www.UltimateDanceZone.com
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
I purchased this off Lybrary.com and it really is a nice book test. I've modified the original instructions so that the spectator can pick any word on the page and I can divine it. Makes it a little more mystifying.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
jlibby
View Profile
Inner circle
1044 Posts

Profile of jlibby
I just purchased this and I agree, very nice idea. And timely too, with vampires all the rage right now. Now I just need to try it out on someone!

Joe Libby
Ventriloquist and Magician
http://www.funnybirthdayshow.com
My new FREE ebook on the classic Mismade Bill trick is ready for you:
https://funnybirthdayshow.com/mismadebill/
ijohan
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of ijohan
I got google and dracula book from lybrary.com, very nice tricks.
Chaz93
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1759 Posts

Profile of Chaz93
I'm just finding this after all these years. Does this hold up with the current version of the iOS? Is it still something you'd not perform for the same audience twice?