The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magic...at a moment's notice! :: What's in your pocket (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
jmm1303
View Profile
New user
Tennessee
49 Posts

Profile of jmm1303
Deck of cards and Scotch and Soda
AragorntheMagician
View Profile
Veteran user
Metro-Atlanta
304 Posts

Profile of AragorntheMagician
GlenD,
No, unfortunately I was NOT Joking. I do many Random Acts of Magic during the day on the unsuspecting. Any kid with their Parent/Parent's is fair game. And if I'm honest, any beautiful woman is also (fair game, that is)....lol.
Yours,
Aragorn the Magician
aka:Bob Smile
aka: I used to be BOB (It's Cellini's fault)
"All Right, Who's Volunteering to be Turned into a Frog???"
www.aragornthemagician.com
mrlavaboy
View Profile
New user
Indpls
94 Posts

Profile of mrlavaboy
Aragorn...now that is what I call impromptu...lol

Smile

andy
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
That’s cool Bob, it is a lot of items but it sounds as if you have a lot of fun and are constantly fooling as it were!!
I have been going in the other direction lately and been trimming down and leaving some things at home that I find myself not using much when I am out and about.
Take care,

GlenD
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
Kronos9326
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
229 Posts

Profile of Kronos9326
I almost always have a deck of card with me. I wear the masters time machine. Using things that are simple to find depending on your location can help as well. Got forks where you are? Psychokinetic Silverwear. At a doughnut store, those sugar packets are good for more than just coffee.

And if you want to be technical, I am always ready for Paper Ball over the head.

DAvid.
mrmetropolis
View Profile
Regular user
who has only made
155 Posts

Profile of mrmetropolis
I am magic... why do I need something in my pocket? I have my cell phone in my pocket and my wallet but these are far from magic. I can make anything I touch magic. someone hands me something and a symphony begins vanishing, reappearing, and transforming. Why use a topit? I am casual in jeans and a tee shirt. What would Merlin do? Smile Smile Smile Smile
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary, for those who do not, none will suffice".-Joseph Dunninger http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4wL5fX3xGQ
Emiel
View Profile
New user
Netherlands
20 Posts

Profile of Emiel
I used to take a lot with me,
but luckily I minimized to, ehhm, nothing!
I do not carry anything with me anymore.

I like clean magic, no special things, no boxes or special materials.
When I'm at a venue where they hired me I use the usual, coins, cards, some string and a few cups.
But when I'm asked to perform "out of the blue", i think it would be strange to say, hey, I've got this pocketknife which belonged to my grandfather....

When I'm asked to do anything, I look at what is available. Sugar cubes, spoons, rubber bands (most shops and restaurants have them somewhere) or a napkin.
This way they really see something real and not a pre-set routine.
Off course the routines I show now are well rehearsed and very strong but very different from the tricks I do when I'm really paid to be there.

Greetings from Emiel
O. Silvester
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of O. Silvester
Hey Aragorn,

How big is your pouch?

How is it able to contain so much stuff?? lol...

Do let us in on that.

Back to the topic, I always have...

Rubber Bands
Invisible Deck
Pyro Perception
Stealth Pen
Color Monte
TT and 9" Silk
An ordinary deck
Pre-prepared "material" for Healed & Sealed

...with me at all times when I'm out of my crib. =)
AragorntheMagician
View Profile
Veteran user
Metro-Atlanta
304 Posts

Profile of AragorntheMagician
O. Silvester,
The pouch is approx. 10" long x 5" wide x 4" deep. As to how all that fits into it. I got it at the same place that Felix the Cat got his bag...LOL
Smile
aka: I used to be BOB (It's Cellini's fault)
"All Right, Who's Volunteering to be Turned into a Frog???"
www.aragornthemagician.com
dynamite
View Profile
New user
Philippines
71 Posts

Profile of dynamite
Almost always in my pocket: Okito Box with some coins, packet tricks like NFW & Card Warp, my biz card which I hand out magically - Vanishing Jack, and gimmick for Healed and Sealed in my wallet.

All the best!

Dynamite
Smile
"Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, you can . . . Boldness has a genius, magic and power to it!"
PyroDevil
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
156 Posts

Profile of PyroDevil
Cards, Coins, and my buisness Cards.
O. Silvester
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of O. Silvester
Quote:
On 2003-08-12 23:04, AragorntheMagician wrote:
O. Silvester,
The pouch is approx. 10" long x 5" wide x 4" deep. As to how all that fits into it. I got it at the same place that Felix the Cat got his bag...LOL
Smile

LOL! I gotta keep a lookout as to where Felix does his shopping when I watch him in his cartoons!

But seriously, your wife made it for you?

Could you maybe PM me as to how your wife did it?

Thanks!
chriscox
View Profile
Regular user
London
174 Posts

Profile of chriscox
Just some business cards which are marked, a deck of cards, Diceman, The Hidden and that'll do me! Oh and some paper and a pen!
dave s
View Profile
New user
new york
87 Posts

Profile of dave s
Hey everyone,

I always carry business cards, a TT with a mis-made bill, and four half dollars and a sh*** for coins across. Sometimes I’ll have a deck of cards with me, but not all the time.
- Dave s.
boltt223
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona, USA
175 Posts

Profile of boltt223
Items always in may pocket are: Chinese change, two half dollars, Sanada & sponge ball, crystal balls for bubbles to solid bubble production. Smile
Emily Belleranti
View Profile
Veteran user
Tucson, Arizona
349 Posts

Profile of Emily Belleranti
Compared to most of the other posters, I don't carry that much stuff. I usually just have a deck of cards and a couple of coins. Maybe also a couple of rubber bands.

If I'm working on something new that uses minimal props, I may carry around the materials for it so I can fill a dead moment by practicing.

I've debated on carrying around more stuff, but I decided against it. I don't want to feel completely watered down with magic props, or seem (to other people) like a magic monkey who is always ready to entertain. However, I am seriously considering carrying an Invisible Deck.

Just my personal preference.
"If you achieve success, you will get applause, and if you get applause, you will hear it. My advice to you concerning applause is this: Enjoy it, but never quite believe it."

-Robert Montgomery
Bong780
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Canada
172 Posts

Profile of Bong780
I usually have rubber bands, a few coins, and now slow burn/hundy 500 gimmick. Slow burn always got great reactions when doing at cashier or for the waitress, however sometimes they'll suspect the bills are fake and will not accept it, this is the time pull out a credit card.....

Bong
mugician51
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of mugician51
A Quarter, a Dollar Bill in my wallet, a Pen, The Xpert, Rubber Bands around my wrist, and maybe 3 or 4 spare cards. These are the things that I always carry with me in case I need to perform. If I'm pretty sure I'm going to be doing magic, then I bring a deck of cards and maybe my Improv Nightshades gimmick.
Dbzkid999
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
407 Posts

Profile of Dbzkid999
Misled, Quaters for Matrix and Coin Tricks, Stripper, Invisible and a Marked Deck. Elastics and a Appearing Cane.
Zeiros
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Zeiros
Just a standard deck of cards, set up with a couple of dupes for 'Here then There' and 'Red Hot Mamma'.