The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magic...at a moment's notice! :: What's in your pocket (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
slebonio
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of slebonio
I want to know what you carry in your pocket. Well, besides your keys and wallet, what do you take everywhere with you that you can perform with?

I always carry a pack of cards, and copper silver brass with me.

Slebonio Smile
ChrisMagic52
View Profile
Loyal user
North Vancouver, Canada
216 Posts

Profile of ChrisMagic52
Always have a Pack of Cards and 3 American half dollars. That way I do a coin trick, and a good Card routine. Depends what kind of mood I'm in. Smile
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
I always carry a pack of cards and a TT.
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Undone
View Profile
New user
Connecticut
54 Posts

Profile of Undone
I always carry a small leather change purse with me. I picked this up while on vacation in order to have someplace to keep all the change I was receiving while handing out bills. In one of it's zipper compartments I keep a collection of ordinary coins (halves etc.), in the other I often have a gaff or two. I keep this with me for my own benefit, when I have a spare moment I can pull out a coin or two and practice the slight d'jure, but it also means I always have the makings for an impromptu effect.

Jim
James Peters
View Profile
Veteran user
Romford, UK
385 Posts

Profile of James Peters
I tend to carry a set of thumb-cuffs, a few coins, and sometimes (in the winter with my big jacket) a deck of cards!

James.
JayPea
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of JayPea
No doubt I always have a deck of cards in my pocket (with or without a card guard on), sometimes 2 decks. Also I always have a folding coin on hand (a Canadian quarter) and when I go to parties, I carry the necessary tools for Healed and Sealed.
montz
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of montz
I tend to put a couple of bits and pieces in my wallet (which is a hip style card to wallet).

This way, if caught off guard, I can at least vanish a ring or marked coin and have it reappear.

I also recently added a Jay Sankey Coin Collector effect, which is a nice one.

I also always have a ring, for David Harkey's goldfinger.
kaitou
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of kaitou
I always have at least two decks (regular, and invisible), a scotch and soda, a small case with two or three packet tricks (color monte, etc), assorted coins, haunted key, perfect pen, and whatever else that I figure could be handy.
VampOfVegas
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas, NV
56 Posts

Profile of VampOfVegas
Regular Deck and Invisible, Hopping Half, Lightning Coin Vanish, couple packet tricks, pen through dollar, and what ever I feel like doing that day.
-=:Va(v)p:=-
markkwan
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of markkwan
2 pack of cards, brainwave, invisible, blizzard, twisted sister.
What good is a night, when you can't break it.
Vincent
View Profile
Loyal user
New York Metro Area
270 Posts

Profile of Vincent
Five Silver Dollars
Two Thimbles - Different Colors
Deck of Tally Hos
A TT

That's about it.

Take Care,

Vincent

P.S.: Almost forgot. Usually a set of Eddie Ace Rabbits Smile Smile Smile
Ty Argo
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
525 Posts

Profile of Ty Argo
What's in my pocket?

These are things that are in my wallet, ALWAYS. I can use them whenever I need them.

Mis-made bill for a switch, Impossible Dream (two $1.00's to a $2.00 to a $5.00), MagiCard, Rubberbands, twist-ties. It's a thick wallet.
Dyslexics UNTIE!!
CardFan
View Profile
Elite user
Found the Socks !
430 Posts

Profile of CardFan
A deck of cards, color changing knifes and 3 shells with the pea.

Oops sorry, forget to tell that the deck is a stack...
Aiming to become the only magician in the world that has ever produced the lost socks back from the dryer...
Mark Martinez
View Profile
Inner circle
Wisconsin
1276 Posts

Profile of Mark Martinez
I have a Deck of Cards, 5 coins, a small wallet with Skinners 3 Card Monte in it and Rubberbands wrapped around it.
Magically,
Mark

Success comes before work only in the dictionary. - Anonymous
Bob Gerdes
View Profile
Loyal user
Northport, NY
237 Posts

Profile of Bob Gerdes
I have 4 Kennedy halves, and one British copper coin.

I try to borrow everything else for impromptu.
Eschew obfuscation
Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
804 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
Regular deck & invisible deck (both in 'card guards'), rubber bands, Quarter Squeeze.
Dan McLean Jr
myshadow
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of myshadow
A pair of rubber bands (elastic bands) and a ring. Ideally I would borrow the bands and a ring from the "audience". However, not many people have a couple of bands on them and a large number of people have difficulty removing their ring.
MiNiM
View Profile
Regular user
New Zealand
111 Posts

Profile of MiNiM
Since you said perform - not necessarily magic - I currently always have a mouth organ (Hohner Special Twenty, key of C), a loop of string (for string figure stories, plus penetration - through thumb or neck - effects) and a fifty cent coin (for a one coin routine I keep playing with.)

Bill
He asked me if I liked card tricks. I said "No." He did three. (W. Somerset Maugham)
Magique Hands
View Profile
Loyal user
Lincoln, NE.
247 Posts

Profile of Magique Hands
Lint... Smile

I once 'created' a silk out of the link from my pocket.

- - Troy
"If you go around sprinkling Woofle Dust on everything... people will think 'My... What an odd character." www.magicmafia.com
devilsmagic
View Profile
New user
scotland
76 Posts

Profile of devilsmagic
I usually have a pack of cards and some IT but at a party last night I had put it all in my bag and there was no way I was wadding through all the other peoples toats and bags before I needed to, so "quick alan think", so a small pice of wax is what I'm left with that was attached to my shirt button I KNOW so I go to my girlfriend and "BORROW" one of her hairs nice n long n blond and I set up melt. I do some sign coin vanishes and then a ring flight with the same principle worked great, impromtu at its best.