The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Effects :: Pointless-Greg Wilson (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
eddie2m
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of eddie2m
I saw Greg perform it live.....Looks great.
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Gregory wilson is amazing to watch and this trick is really interesting.
nowucm
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of nowucm
I bought Pointless at Greg Wilson's magic lecture and just set it aside. I started to use it a few months ago, I like the effect, but one day I opened my magic storage bag and found the pen had filled the cap with ink. I wiped the ink off, but it wouldn't come clean. I put it away and when I looked at it a few weeks later, it filled the cap again with ink. It wasn't exposed to heat either time so I have no idea why that happened. I emailed Greg Wilson's website about the problem and got no response. I emailed Greg Wilson at what appeared to be his personal email address found on the Magic Café website and still no response. It has been about a month. I don't know what to think. I love Greg Wilson and hate to think he would ignore his customer. Has anyone else had this experience??
Romano911
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of Romano911
He did take a while to get back to me when I emailed him through his site, apologizing that he had been traveling, but did resolve the issue quickly once it had his attention.
Commonly known as Mariano Blanco.
nowucm
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of nowucm
Quote:
On 2012-04-07 20:30, Romano911 wrote:
He did take a while to get back to me when I emailed him through his site, apologizing that he had been traveling, but did resolve the issue quickly once it had his attention.

You are correct. I emailed him again...3rd time....and he did respond and make good. I have the feeling he just didn't believe me. But I document everything and sent the problem pen back. Though it hadn't happened before, he stated, pens do leak from time to time. The product is a good one and worth the money. My faith in Gregory is restored.
Romano911
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of Romano911
Glad it worked for you... he is the real deal.
Commonly known as Mariano Blanco.
Burf
View Profile
Regular user
Adelaide, South Australia
140 Posts

Profile of Burf
Can't go wrong with Greg Wilson, although with his presentational skills he could make anything look good.
Great product, well presented, will take a bit of practce but good to have in your arsenal.
A Bic pen, so ordinary - if you can do Re-capped first this is awesome.
magicHart
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
548 Posts

Profile of magicHart
You are very correct about Greg.
He is indeed a very creative magician who is well respected by his peers and his fans.
He cares about his fans and his customers. Realize that he is also a very busy guy!
He is on the road quite a bit and unable to respond as quickly as you might like.
Be patient, Greg will respond and take care of any problem that you might have.
brainman
View Profile
Special user
972 Posts

Profile of brainman
Mine also leaked...I superglued it : )
I AM THE WALRUS
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of I AM THE WALRUS
Hey, I really like the way this effect looks but I find it not for me. I think one thing is damage to my right hand makes the movement a bit difficult. I always think if one can't perform something well, he or she should refrain form doing so. I do practice it it home to help build up my hand movements. Fortunatley my hand is not so bad it puts big limits on what I can do but I find a stiff right hand does make this a bit difficult.
marknem7
View Profile
Elite user
497 Posts

Profile of marknem7
Pointless is one of my favorite pocket tricks. Problem is, it's such a favorite that the printing on my pen has worn off from use.

Anyone have one in new condition they'd like to sell?

Mark
Jon Blakeney
View Profile
Special user
Australia
657 Posts

Profile of Jon Blakeney
Just bought pointless,love it 10/10
This is going straight into my walk around set.
'What the eye's see the heart must believe"
marknem7
View Profile
Elite user
497 Posts

Profile of marknem7
I do wish one could be given the choice before purchasing of whether the pen will be of blue or black ink design. And that the BIC logo wouldn't wear off so quickly. Otherwise, a terrific pocket trick. One of the best.
Jon Blakeney
View Profile
Special user
Australia
657 Posts

Profile of Jon Blakeney
I am finding that pointless goes over fine,I love to let people examine the pen at the end.
To me it goes right up there with Ignition they both look so impromptu.
'What the eye's see the heart must believe"
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Quote:
On 2012-05-30 23:07, marknem7 wrote:
Pointless is one of my favorite pocket tricks. Problem is, it's such a favorite that the printing on my pen has worn off from use.

Anyone have one in new condition they'd like to sell?

Mark

I guess I haven't had to deal with this issue yet, but couldn't you just change out the body of the pen with a normal Bic?

I know what you mean about black vs blue. I bought mine from Greg at a workshop. His demo was black, but the ones he was selling were blue. I told him that I preferred black so he graciously sold me his demo. I was able to find another black one here on the Café. I bought it as a backup in case I lose the important part of my current one.

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
marknem7
View Profile
Elite user
497 Posts

Profile of marknem7
Sammy,

Yep, I bought two backups for my black pen from a dealer, and they both turned out to be blue.

I assume the gimmick has been well-glued into the pen -- I haven't tried doing any prying or cutting for fear of damaging it. Once the logo has completely worn off, however, I'll get adventuresome with it.

Mark
BAGWIZ
View Profile
Loyal user
San Francisco Bay Area
236 Posts

Profile of BAGWIZ
Haven't had the issues other have spoken about, but I perform the heck out of this and it always gets a good reaction. If I'm in a restaurant with friends, I often switch in the pen for the one that comes with a credit card payment, then I go into a torn snd restored sugar packet using the pen to have a spectator sign the packet before tearing it. They forget all about the pen by the time we start pouring sugar into my fist and restoring their signed packet (I use Bill Malone's routine).
BAGWIZ
View Profile
Loyal user
San Francisco Bay Area
236 Posts

Profile of BAGWIZ
Quote:
On 2009-11-27 17:13, Joe Mauro wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-11-27 16:55, BAGWIZ wrote:
The situation where I've really found "Pointless" to shine is when you are at a restaurant paying with a credit card. It is easy, when the bill comes, to switch out the server's pen for the pointless pen. This is particularly true when the bill comes in one of those book-type holders. In any event, no one is typically paying much attention to what you are doing so you could probably switch an elephant for the pen at that moment. Then, as if I just thought of something fun to try, I go through a couple of phases of the "Pointless" routine. It kills every time, especially when I let them handle the pen once I'm done.

Otherwise, I agree with previous posts that simply pulling out the pen and saying "hey, watch this" is about as dead a giveaway as you'll ever find.

Servers use all types of pen's, so to get one that match pointless is limiting. How often do you eat at a restaurant and do this? You do this for the server?

I don't wait for a pen that matches to come from the server. If I happen to be paying (which I often do for business meals), I just switch in the Pointless pen, do the tricks with it, then switch the pen back after signing the credit card receipt. I've never been burned and I've done this dozens of times.
vic2178
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of vic2178
Does any one have this effect that thry might not use or like I've looked all over for it online and everywhere is out of stock
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4544 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Quote:
On Jan 20, 2020, vic2178 wrote:
Does any one have this effect that thry might not use or like I've looked all over for it online and everywhere is out of stock

Sent you a PM.