The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Effects :: Pointless-Greg Wilson (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
rockthemike
View Profile
Special user
Seattle
695 Posts

Profile of rockthemike
Very good point NMS, although I don't think I'd ever do Pointless after Tarantula LOL. I'm looking to purchase a Pointless now, if it is indeed examinable which I hear it is.
Michael Wong
Wizard
http://michaelwong.says.so
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2004 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Yes, it is examinable and also writes.
NexusMagicShop
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny California
434 Posts

Profile of NexusMagicShop
Quote:
On 2009-11-28 14:54, rockthemike wrote:
Very good point NMS, although I don't think I'd ever do Pointless after Tarantula LOL. I'm looking to purchase a Pointless now, if it is indeed examinable which I hear it is.

Yeah now that I think about it... I don't think I would either. lol

My point really was that if you organize your set properly you can lead an audience into believing nearly anything is possible. Tarantula is more of a closing effect.

- My Thoughts
Jason of BackroomMagic
www.BackroomMagic.com/| Mobile friendly magic forums and blogs
www.twitter.com/Nexusmagicstore
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
I had this and the pen is examinable.
~Joe
mediamonk
View Profile
Regular user
Walla Walla
103 Posts

Profile of mediamonk
It's definitely examinable. I've been trying to think of a way to show all of the pen at the beginning, but I haven't played enough with the handling lately. You can hand out the pen at the end with no worries.
"There are two ways of living life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is." -Albert Einstein
ferryascanio
View Profile
Loyal user
Jakarta - Indonesia
264 Posts

Profile of ferryascanio
Yup, it is better if using the pen at the begining. like to sign the card, or may be an effect using this pen as a writing tools (prediction,center tear, etc.) ...
after all of above, the final is use the pen as an effect of his own/pointless ...
that can make strong impression, because the pen is use before, it's look normal pen ...
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1087 Posts

Profile of taller8
Pens are often used as make shift wands. Wouldn't that be a nice way to have the Pointless introduced in a casual manner?
Steve Travis
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Steve Travis
EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If we are creative just a little the pen should not be suspect. Use it as a wand, put it away, bring it out again to sign a card, prediction, etc., put it away again or use it to do the pointless routine(short version I agree).

Just my thoughts : )
amedica
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of amedica
They have a handling on the dvd that lets you end clean. I'm still working on that, bu twondering if I should use this as an opener.
Looking to BUY: Penomenon Writer (Black version), Ghost Cap (Porper), CAPtivated, Glass Mirage, Just a Key (Porper)
mediamonk
View Profile
Regular user
Walla Walla
103 Posts

Profile of mediamonk
I like it as an opener. It's something quick, they can inspect the pen at the end and while they're doing that you can ring in your next trick.
"There are two ways of living life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is." -Albert Einstein
studentoflife
View Profile
Veteran user
Paris, France
310 Posts

Profile of studentoflife
Best pen magic opener on market for sure Smile
- Y
<BR>"Nothing is difficult...it's all about what you want, and how bad you want it."
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7576 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2009-11-18 22:03, rockthemike wrote:
I think it just screams "I'M NOT A REAL PEN!"

It actually IS a REAL pen! That's the beauty of the whole idea! This is AWSESOME!

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
kumpletoo
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of kumpletoo
Since mjmmagic and penguin don't have this in stock and I can't wait any longer, I decided to make own and it turned out pretty well...
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1602 Posts

Profile of Jared
This is a wonderful walk-around opener that gets surprisingly good reactions. I love Gregory Wilson's thinking on this one. His commercial releases are IMO "money". Buy this- you won't be dissapointed.

-Jared
mental4u
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of mental4u
I agree with Jared, this thing is GOLD. Follow it up with RECAP and your strolling gig just got a lot easier, more visual, and fun. Additional thought: When finished put the pen behind your ear in full view,go on about your act,borrow a bill make it vanish and reappear inside of the pen for a great closer. Figure out your own method or contact Dan Harlan for details. Perfect routining.

Gregg Lancaster
Mental Masterpieces
College Station, Texas
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4248 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
What about noise.

Settings where I would perform this would be relatively quiet, and so if working the works makes any sort of clicking noises (which, I am sure would be fairly quiet), I may think twice about picking it up. Technique and practice can cover a lot - just curious if anyone would have any reservations about using this in a quiet environment.

That said, even if there is noise I may pick it up, anyway and just wait for the proper moment.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
DPWO
View Profile
New user
Appleton WI
35 Posts

Profile of DPWO
I don't worry about noise in my restaurant environment.
mediamonk
View Profile
Regular user
Walla Walla
103 Posts

Profile of mediamonk
Wow, didn't think this would pop back up. I still like this effect. There is no noise that has ever been noticed. What little there may be is easily covered. Lots of fun when people keep telling you it's a fake pen and you can hand them the pen and have them write with it.

Stephen
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7576 Posts

Profile of RNK
One can definately perform this in a quiet environment. I use this at all my close-up/strolling gigs and the gimmick can be easily managed to make no sound. If your on the fence on this- the reactions by the spec are very very good with this. For the price this is really good. Not to mention it's a prop that will last a long long time!

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1220 Posts

Profile of magicbern
Quote:
On 2010-11-20 16:14, kumpletoo wrote:
Since mjmmagic and penguin don't have this in stock and I can't wait any longer, I decided to make own and it turned out pretty well...

Is this ethical? It seems to me that impatience isn't an excuse to breach ethics and it seems poor form to brag about ripping off Gregory Wilson in a magic forum.