The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Trick coin trickery :: T.U.C Tango Ultimate Coin (48 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..28~29~30~31~32..41..49..57..65..72~73~74 [Next]
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On 2012-03-13 11:20, funsway wrote:
There are a dozen "coins across" effects in "T.U.C. Appreciation" in additon to the several Tango verions.

Really? A dozen? I'll have to dig that out and take another look - I didn't notice that many before.

Thank you.

Jim
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9997 Posts

Profile of funsway
To be more specific, of the effects classified as of the "coins across" approach, there are:

seven from Mr Tango, six Assembly/Matrix and nine Flights -- plus eight Transportations

several of the C/S and Coin Box effects can be considered "coins across" as well.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
465 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
Great job Funsway, thanks
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
OK, I see why I missed them. IMO you are mixing grapes and kumquats! I have never considered coin box, Matrix or assembly, or C/S routines as Coins Across.

Thanks!

Jim
tm613
View Profile
Regular user
Phila, PA
124 Posts

Profile of tm613
C/S Transpos are in the Coins Across chapter of Bobo's ...but I agree don't consider a coins across...
tgold65
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of tgold65
Saw the interview on Wizard product review and just ordered it. I can't wait for it to arrive.
ChristianMagician
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of ChristianMagician
Just got mine today . I also fist saw it on the WPR. I'd like to get that book Mr Tango mentioned in the video too. I'm thinking there's more than one TUC for that coins across he did. But great coin. I have the half dollar one. Can't wait ot go home ( At work now) and check out the DVD that came with it and work on some stuff. I can see the similarities between this and the split coin. both are great Smile
SPONGE KONG
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of SPONGE KONG
I bought the halve Dollar version and think its a great Coin but does occasionly get stuck , I may buy the Dollar Coin too. For now playing around with it and some routines!
Keep up the great work Mr Tango!
writeall
View Profile
Special user
Midland, Michigan
930 Posts

Profile of writeall
ChristianMagician,

I'd like to know if it requires two TUCs. Tell us about the DVD when you get a chance to look at it.
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:
On 2012-03-15 14:10, SPONGE KONG wrote:
I bought the halve Dollar version and think its a great Coin but does occasionly get stuck , I may buy the Dollar Coin too. For now playing around with it and some routines!
Keep up the great work Mr Tango!

I have had this problem, occasionally ($0.50 and C/S, but not with my Morgan TUC). Interestingly, letting the gaff rest for a while seems to make it harder to open and frequent use seems to make it work easier. Also, the type of m****t makes a difference. Older TUC's use square and newer ones use round. The round works easier. Depending on where you are buying the TUC from, some dealers are still selling old stock.

In addition, Mr. Tango has indicated that the strength of the m****t is somewhat adjustable by adding a layer or two of tape over the Teflon as needed (on the m****t only).

I realize this is quite a long thread now but there are a number of pearls of wisdom among the postings on previous pages which address these and other issues which are pretty helpful. You will be rewarded for taking the time to slog through.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
I have several tucs
but the doller size worsk the best.
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
465 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
About the question if I use more than one TUC in my coin across the answer is NO. I use only ONE gaffed coin and 3 regular coins.
Next week I'll get back to work in the new DVD
ChristianMagician
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of ChristianMagician
Quote:
On 2012-03-15 21:57, Mr. Tango wrote:
About the question if I use more than one TUC in my coin across the answer is NO. I use only ONE gaffed coin and 3 regular coins.
Next week I'll get back to work in the new DVD

Can't wait to see the DVD !
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
9997 Posts

Profile of funsway
Quote:
On 2012-03-15 14:10, SPONGE KONG wrote:
I bought the halve Dollar version and think its a great Coin but does occasionly get stuck

I have the quarter, half, Eisenhower and Morgan TUC and never have a "Sticking" problem

like any gaff using a "Sh**l it may need adjustment -- and the old "silk" method is great.

Individual adjustment with tape or other method may be required depending on Effect.

The more than 70 Effects in "T.U.C. Appreciation" have different requirement for "looseness" of release/split- and choice of the various Split Methods (some not on the Tango DVD's)

I have never used more than one TUC for any Effect, but have used multiple TUC's for the Switch-in/out Methods for transition to other effects. For example, if performing a Chink-a-Tango routine with a TUC as F*r** coin, you might Ditch as spectators handle the table coins -- then Load in another TUC for a later effect.

Thus, a second TUC is never required but might be useful.

Mr. Tango's famous Flurry ending uses additonal TUC's -- easy to do since the extras for a "bonded stack" for a Load.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
shouksmiths
View Profile
Regular user
York, England
109 Posts

Profile of shouksmiths
Is the TUC appreciation document worth buying even without own a TUC. I was thinking it might give me some ideas for using the hopping halves set I've just ordered. I could then just reengineer the method
hhoudini
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of hhoudini
Is the TUC available in 10 pence format? If so, does anyone know UK stockists? Thanks!
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Magic box in the UK sell the 10pence version
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
9997 Posts

Profile of funsway
Quote:
On 2012-03-20 07:08, shouksmiths wrote:
Is the TUC appreciation document worth buying even without own a TUC. I was thinking it might give me some ideas for using the hopping halves set I've just ordered. I could then just reengineer the method

"T.U.C. Appreciation" is a 358 page book with more than 70 Effects and dozens of Sleights and Moves than can be used in any coin or small object approach. Some of the Effects could be done with an ExpSh**l or Spl**C**n. Plus lots of theory on creativity and presentation. Other Effects/Moves are for Switch-In or Out a gaffed coin that could apply to anything. While some can be done only with the TUC -- they might indeed fuel your own creativity, which is why I wrote the book.

There is a DownLoad version available that everyone's pocket book can justify. Check lulu.com

tgold65
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of tgold65
My TUC just arrived today. Wow, what a brilliant gimmick. This is the best coin gimmick ever. It is well worth the price. You can do everything you do with a shell, but only better. I don't agree with WPR that it is "examinable" but because you can flip it over like a regular coin, there is no reason for people to feel like they have to examine it in their hands anyway. It is extremely clean.

I am very, very impressed. This should be in every coin workers toolkit.
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
465 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
I started with the skipe lessons and it's great, so if somebody has interest send me a PM