The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Trick coin trickery :: T.U.C Tango Ultimate Coin (48 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19..30..40..50..60..70..72~73~74 [Next]
David P
View Profile
New user
Boston via Michigan
82 Posts

Profile of David P
Rhett, Alan,
My t....n circles came from Tango as well. For my half dollar TUC, I cut the circle down about 1/8" and placed it overhanging square a bit but not touching edge - if that makes sense. I've been practicing with this setup and it works much better.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3256 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Is it possible to just get the "extra" coin in c/s? Or do I have to buy a second TUC?
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:
On 2010-10-05 10:31, magicmind wrote:
Is it possible to just get the "extra" coin in c/s? Or do I have to buy a second TUC?

Just pm Mr. Tango. He is really responsive (unless he is traveling) and you pay him through paypal.

Regards,

Alan
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9997 Posts

Profile of funsway
As each TUC is individually fitted it is doubtful you can use the same S***l with several different Leaves. I asked Mr. Tango this last year and he said no -- but things might have changed.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Just a heads up, I have a new Ike dollar tuc for sale in the tricks dealer section. Lettin it go at a 15 buck loss. My loss is your gain.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10800 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Question: When I watched one of the T.U.C. videos I saw a trick using the quarter coin appearing in a can of soda. Is that taught on the DVD with the quarter? Also, could all that orange soda harm the Teflon coating?

*Also, the video demo showed the T.U.C. quarter appearing in a vegetable (red pepper!). I'm assuming the cutting utensil is an integral part of this - which cutting utensil were they using, and does Tango sell them on their site?

I bought a T.U.C. half dollar about a month ago but I just haven't had time to watch the entire DVD or play with it BUT it is definitely an ingenious gaff - I'm amazed at how easy & smoothly it works!

Thanks.
BRETT
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
9997 Posts

Profile of funsway
Saysold1 - yes, both effects are on the Quarter DVD and are included in the pending book "Essential TUC"

I'll try and answer since Mr. Tango is on Lecture Tour.

No, you can wipe the Leaf after showing the initials to the spectator and Joining the TUC

The cutting utensil is not important -- you can have the spectaror break open the pepper with their fingers with no knife at all. The pepper is used because there is no mess like fruit.

send me an email at gusarimagic@comcast.net and I'll send you a Sneak Preview effect
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10800 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2010-08-07 04:32, Brian Proctor wrote:
I got the Ike dollar last week and it's amazing. I love the way it is so easy to use. I hace been using it for Troy Hoosers Extroydinary routine, and it just makes life that much easier!

So now you are now apparently selling this at a $15 loss - why what happened in month you owned it? Don't love your T.U.C. as much anymore?
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
rhettbryson
View Profile
Elite user
Greenville, SC Not ashamed of his
406 Posts

Profile of rhettbryson
Anyone having any trouble with the corners and edges of the card "delaminating?"
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On 2010-10-07 11:40, rhettbryson wrote:
Anyone having any trouble with the corners and edges of the card "delaminating?"

Yes, but to be honest this is pretty common with this type of shimmed card. If you check around the online magic shops replacements are pretty inexpensive. Remember you don’t need a magnetic shim; just a plain steel shimmed card.

Jim

Then again, before you replace the card a glue stick will do wonders! I bought a handful of additional cards though as backup.

Jim
8thking
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of 8thking
I've read as much as I can find on this coin and Istill can't work out which is the easiest to handle? It seems that the Ike is for some reason, could anybody please explain how / why? thanks
Jesus is alive:
Living proof you can’t keep a God man down
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
9997 Posts

Profile of funsway
I think it is the weight of the various parts of the TUC. I have arthritus problems and the Ike just "feels better" to me -- more confidence. I have a lot of trouble with the Quarter TUC -- which could be from lessened acuity of my finger for smaller objects.

I had the Kennedy Half first and developed dozens of new effects using it. Then I got the Ike which I like better, but still use the Kennedy for many effects.

Thus, the size is a personal preference rather than any function of the TUC itself.

Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
465 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
Why this tread was moved from Trick coin trickery ? I think that it would be moved back.
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
I couldn't find a place for it in my current repetitore. There is nothing wrong with it. I am going to hang on to it a bit longer and brainstorm ideas for use in my restaurant. I heard there is one made with a circular magnet now. The one I have is square and it's hard on the corners to do the move.

Quote:
On 2010-10-06 14:09, saysold1 wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-08-07 04:32, Brian Proctor wrote:
I got the Ike dollar last week and it's amazing. I love the way it is so easy to use. I hace been using it for Troy Hoosers Extroydinary routine, and it just makes life that much easier!

So now you are now apparently selling this at a $15 loss - why what happened in month you owned it? Don't love your T.U.C. as much anymore?
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
9997 Posts

Profile of funsway
I'll wager that if you returned it to Mr. Tango he would replace the magnet -- worth asking anyway.

ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Quote:
On 2010-09-28 16:23, Mr. Tango wrote:
Hy friends,

Yes, ALL TUC VERSION, has now circle m****. About 3 fly routine, I improved the one that I included at the TUC dvd, I will think to introduce a new DVD called TUC miracles before Christmas. Anyway I will upload the routine to youtube next week and the T.U.C users will know how to do it just watching the performance.

Has this been uploaded yet?
Thanks
Ralph
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
465 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
No yet, sorry, I will do it soon
The Great Dave
View Profile
Loyal user
My Wife said "It's Me or that Stupid Magic Website!" this many times.
201 Posts

Profile of The Great Dave
I purchased Brian Proctor's Ike Dollar. I modified it with three layers of scotch tape cut to the size of the square. It works perfectly now. The instructions have a fix/repair memo about pressing the coin with my finger to change the configuration of the shell so it works better. I think the tape solution is easier and much more adjustable. You can change the coin setup by adding or taking off a layer of tape.

I have a lot of experience handling gaffed coins and I can tell you that the tape solution has this set working spot on.

Best,
Dave
Academy of Magical Arts

Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat! Whoops, wrong hat ...
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Quote:
On 2010-10-25 16:43, Mr. Tango wrote:
No yet, sorry, I will do it soon

No hurry,I thought I was using the wrong title in my youtube search.
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
465 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
Hello friends,

I will in New York City in December, 14th to 20th. I would love to give my lecture there, so if somebody has a magic club or same place where I could go, please contact me.

Bye