The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Trick coin trickery :: T.U.C Tango Ultimate Coin (48 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..18..31..44..57..70..72~73~74 [Next]
daveboldt
View Profile
New user
Dallas
22 Posts

Profile of daveboldt
Mr. Tango. You have me interested. I have enjoyed your Make The Difference and Euro-Dollar Copper and Silver sets. Actually, my first Tango bought coins. Both very well made. No problems at all. How about a special discount on T.U.C.? - Boy, bet you didn't see that coming. Smile Dave davidboldt@verizon.net Dallas, Texas
allen_m
View Profile
Veteran user
Alpine, TX
349 Posts

Profile of allen_m
Lawrence,

I will assess your post as an endorsement; still, if anyone in the know could post a review... Inquiring minds want to know!

-A
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1682 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
I just put a review of the T.U.C. under the Good, the Bad and the Garbage, tricks and effects, I hope it'll be usefull for some of you

Pablo
allen_m
View Profile
Veteran user
Alpine, TX
349 Posts

Profile of allen_m
Read the review...

It certainly does seem to be something new, and perhaps, worth a look...

Thanks Pablo!
TC Ryder
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
494 Posts

Profile of TC Ryder
I will have to get one of these. Will order one next week.
Will let you all know what I think

TC
www.realcoinmagic.com

"Real Coins for Real Magicians"
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Mr. Tango:

I have just returned from Abbott's 71st Get-Together, where I purchased a set of your Tango Flying Coins.

I'm very impressed with your work, sir, and look forward to adding this routine to my repertoire.

Best regards and thank you for your hard work!
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3352 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Rainboguy, a review please as far as your likes/dislikes quality etc? Thanks!
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Rizzo:

I haven't had time to work through the routine, yet, but the quality of the gaff, the DVD instructions, and the premise (3 fly with a gaffed coin)seem great.

This is a very good value, in my opinion.
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3352 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Pablo and Rainboguy, thanks for the feedback on this.
dsalley13
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of dsalley13
Another TANGO T.U.C review:

I received my TANGO T.U.C. this week. I wanted to work with it for a few days before reviewing it here.

This T.U.C. coin/gaff is marvelous! I didn't really know what to expect on this one. The ads and movie that Mr. Tango has been teasing us all with had me guessing what kind of gaff it was. Well, it's like nothing I could have imagined. It works differently than any other gaffed coin I have. I have flippers, gravity-flippers, sh##ls (of every possible kind), slippery sh##ls, etc.. It's nothing like any of those. In fact, for me it replaces all of those other gaffs.

This is the work of true and very devious genius! (more on that later). Mr. Tango has come up with a coin/gaff that works impossibly well. The only other coin/gaff I have that is as smooth and easy to operate is a Slippery-Sam. The T.U.C. is far better because you can lay the coin/gaff down on the table and no one would ever know how it works unless you let them pick it up and play with it (so don't do that!).

I asked Mr. Tango how he came up with this idea.....he responded by saying "It came to me in a dream, seriously it did!."

You could tell that he was laughing, even in the e-mail. What I wouldn't give to have dreams like this!

What a good dream that must have been!!! One has to wonder what stimulated his mind to have this dream? I hope he has many more, in fact I am sending him my chili-sauce recipe to have as a late night munchy and see if we can keep his dream state so well stimulated. I suggested duct-taping half-dollars and silver dollars all over his body before bed, too. Mrs. Tango is still considering if she can allow him doing this. :o)

I can't go into details about the workings of this gaff. You'll have to buy one and then sit drooling on the floor as you mumble "Why didn't I think of this?"

The DVD that comes with each complete T.U.C. kit is wonderfully thought out (in 4 languages). It was produced at Bar-Magico in Buenos Aries, Argentina. This is Mr. Tango's private cocktail lounge and Magic theater. The music on the DVD is a nice change from the clamor of most modern Magic DVDs. Mr. Tango takes the time to fully immerse you in all things regarding his T.U.C. This is one of the first DVDs I have ever fully appreciated. I don't feel like I need a book, like I wish I had to go along with most other DVD/video Magic presentations. After you have watched this a few times, you can feel confident that you have something you can actually work with in this coin/gaff. The DVD is just the beginning, as you realize the full potential of this coin/gaff has had it's surface just barely scratched. There are so many things you can find to do with a T.U.C. It's already got me thinking in ways I couldn't before I had it.

Suffice it to say that with your sleeves rolled up and your hands otherwise empty, in a very simple move (way simple!) you suddenly have 2 coins in your fingers, where there was only one before. Now before you ask, no, it's nothing like a split-coin/clone-coin, etc. It is the most unique coin-gaff I have ever seen. Making those two coins back into one coin is just as fast and simple of an operation. No fumbling, stumbling or complicated hand and finger moves. No sleights at all. As a teaser, all I can say is that if you can put a coin in your hand and hold it in 2 fingers (thumb and index fingers), you can make some seriously mind-damaging Magic with the TANGO T.U.C.

I recommend this highly to Magicians of all capabilities. From rank amateur (which I am just a couple steps above) to the most skilled coin manipulator there is, all will enjoy using a TANGO T.U.C. You'll love the looks on the faces of all the specs. you fry too Especially if they are magicians.

This coin-gaff is literally coming from dreamland! Buy one! I bet you will buy more once you take the first leap of faith by adding one to your coin/gaff arsenal.

I want this coin/gaff in silver dollar (Ike) next and then a silver/copper version in half-dollar.I've never used silver-dollars for anything, because my hands are too small to do any sleights with them. This T.U.C changes everything for me.

I feel confident that I can now use some silver dollar routines that I have never attempted before. This coin/gaff and your already existing routines are fully compatible. I think you'll find that like what has happened to me, this coin/gaff replaces all the others you might use for a variety of classical coin magic.

Thank you Mr. Tango!

dsalley13

PS: This coin-gaff is adjustable for your personal touch. Mr. Tango forgot to put that in the DVD or the written instructions (this will be remedied very soon!) Just give Mr. Tango an e-mail at:

insua@tangomagic.com

He'll be glad to tell you about the adjustment if you can't figure it out on your own. If that doesn't work for you, you can tell me here and I will PM you the explanation for adjusting it.

Thanks for reading this. This is something I just couldn't keep to myself, unlike many of the other Magic devices I buy and regret. No regrets here, this is unique and will make my Magic better. It may do the same for your Magic too.
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Thanks for the review, dsalley13. Sounds very exciting. Without revealing too much, can you tell me the difference between the half dollar and the copper silver edition? Are the effects different? Then there's the Ike. I assume it would work the same as the half.
Thanks,
Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
dsalley13
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of dsalley13
PM'd you

dsalley13
DP the Great
View Profile
Regular user
CC, Texas
198 Posts

Profile of DP the Great
Before that review I was skeptical. I might have to check this out now. Thanks again
D. P. the Great
www.dpandedmagic.com
dsalley13
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of dsalley13
I just put a little tip in "Secret Sessions" that you will find very helpful in using the TANGO T.U.C. coin/gaff, especially if you keep your coins brightly polished. Here's the link:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=37&0

I am having so much fun using this coin/gaff. I hope everybody gets to try it.

dsalley13
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
I just received my TUC and I lvoe it. I'm already starting to assemble a multiple-illusion routine based on some of the ideas on the video.

One wish- I do wish the demonstrations on the video were a little slower. I'm VERY impressed by how fast and smooth you are with the device, sir, but it makes it hard to try to emulate Smile

I also have a question... which I need to ask in a way that I don't reveal anything. So here goes...

My gimmick appears to be mounted a bit off center such that it works *very* well when I squeeze at one side but not well at all when I squeeze at the other. Is this on purpose or do I have a defective unit?

Quote:
On 2009-08-19 14:57, dsalley13 wrote:
I just put a little tip in "Secret Sessions" that you will find very helpful in using the TANGO T.U.C. coin/gaff, especially if you keep your coins brightly polished.

Wondeful suggestion thank you, that will solve the only real handling problem I've been having. I just added my one little suggestion from my own experiments to your thread.
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
dsalley13
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of dsalley13
I checked mine and it's dead-on in the center. You should ask Mr. Tango for some help.

I don't think what you're describing is how he wants us to have them. Sometimes employees don't do things the way the Boss does. When his small factory produces a few thousand of these, he can't personally check each one and still try to stay on top of all his other projects.

Tell him how yours is working. I am sure he will take care of it. He needs the feedback anyway, so at the next employee meeting he can tell the quality-control guy to shape up or be replaced himself.

dsalley13
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
465 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
Hello Ciberqat,

Thanks for your words about T.U.C
About the magnet position, is the same if it is exactly in the center or not, I'm sending to you a private message where I give you instruction to adjust the coin as your preference.

Bye.
dsalley13
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of dsalley13
Sorry for the wrong advice. I didn't realize that the T.U.C. "adjustment feature" would take into account a not perfectly centered gimmick.

dsalley13
DP the Great
View Profile
Regular user
CC, Texas
198 Posts

Profile of DP the Great
I just got mine the other day and it is very interesting. Many routines I can use with this even though I am concentrating on the three fly.

My one concern is that it will "wear out" if you know what I mean -DP
D. P. the Great
www.dpandedmagic.com
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Quote:
On 2009-08-23 18:06, dsalley13 wrote:
Sorry for the wrong advice. I didn't realize that the T.U.C. "adjustment feature" would take into account a not perfectly centered gimmick.

dsalley13

No problem. the adjustment worked a treat Smile
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.