The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Trick coin trickery :: T.U.C Tango Ultimate Coin (48 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..17..31..45..59..71~72~73~74 [Next]
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
465 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
Hello everybody, a long time without visit this thread, I can't believe more than 300.000 views, WOW.
juggler357
View Profile
New user
AUS
83 Posts

Profile of juggler357
Sorry for my ignornce, I am new to coin magic. Can someone tell me what a leaf is or PM me if it is exposure? Thanks!
Once is entertainment, twice is education.
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1813 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
Do you have a TUC? If not (as I suspect), it has to do with the specific nature of the gaff, and so would be exposure.
If you do, then he talks about it in his tutorials.

If you're completely new to coins, I'd start with slights and then eventually more traditional gaffs. before moving on to a TUC.
juggler357
View Profile
New user
AUS
83 Posts

Profile of juggler357
Thank you Funsway for helping me understand the terminology for using my Triple TUC.
Once is entertainment, twice is education.
Calvin Tong
View Profile
Special user
718 Posts

Profile of Calvin Tong
I sent my soft Morgans to Mr. Tango (Argentina) 2 weeks back for a custom soft Morgan TUC.

My "transformed" soft Morgans have already made their way back to California and they look MAGNIFICENT! This custom TUC soft Morgan handles so smooooooth and is nearly indistinguishable next to my regular soft matching Morgans.

THANK YOU Mr. Tango.

caL
Cal Tong
President Emeritus
IBM Ring 216 Silicon Valley
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
465 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
Thank you Calvin
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
I have a TUC quarter ordered and enroute.

I want to get an expanded shell for a couple routines I have in mind, sand have a couple questions.

Should I get the "Expanded Shell Quarter Magnetic (D0151) by Tango" or would it be too strong too dislodge since the coin is also magnetic?

If so, then I'm assuming a shim expanded shell would adhere, but dislodge somewhat easily? If so, does Tango makes a nonmagnetic, but shimmed, expanded quarter shell?

Thanks in advance!
Bryn
Bryn D. Reynolds, Author of:
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls" Mentalism ebooks - PM any interest.
My artwork: https://darkmountainarts.com
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2356 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
My guess is even a shimmed shell would stick too strongly.
Your best bet may be to order a normal shell and add your own very small shim. The thin strips of metal inside those white rectangular security tags should work.
Use just enough to get the amount of "stick" that you need.

Quote:
On Oct 31, 2022, mindhunter wrote:
I have a TUC quarter ordered and enroute.

I want to get an expanded shell for a couple routines I have in mind, sand have a couple questions.

Should I get the "Expanded Shell Quarter Magnetic (D0151) by Tango" or would it be too strong too dislodge since the coin is also magnetic?

If so, then I'm assuming a shim expanded shell would adhere, but dislodge somewhat easily? If so, does Tango makes a nonmagnetic, but shimmed, expanded quarter shell?

Thanks in advance!
Bryn
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1813 Posts

You should have come here to ask before you ordered!

The thing you want to buy is a Triple TUC (e.g. https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S24107) which contains both of the two things you want, in the way you want it.
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Quote:
On Nov 1, 2022, inigmntoya wrote:
The thin strips of metal inside those white rectangular security tags should work.
Use just enough to get the amount of "stick" that you need.

That's brilliant!.. Thank you, sir!

Bryn
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Quote:
On Nov 1, 2022, tonsofquestions wrote:
You should have come here to ask before you ordered!

The thing you want to buy is a Triple TUC (e.g. https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S24107) which contains both of the two things you want, in the way you want it.

I know, I know, I know...lol!

I got the "regular" quarter TUN coming from Penguin, and I'm sure once I get it I'll have the Triple soon on order too...

Thanks, Tons!
Alexmoving
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of Alexmoving
Hello good Morning, what's up ? I need some advice, well, back in the day, I bought a Triple TUC, Eisemhawer dollar, as well as a normal Euro Tuc, which I am delighted with.

To say, Eisenhawer Dollar coins, I don't have any, all I have are Morgan, perhaps it was a mistake to use them together with the Triple TUC Dollar Eisenhawer.

And now, I would like to buy another Tuc, that matches what I already have; What would you recommend?

Another Triple TUC Eisenhawer Dollar? For example ? and thus have 2 identical TUC Triples? another Triplie Tuc with different currencies?

I look for them to be ideal to combine and squeeze the price paid.

Thank you very much for your possible advice.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9997 Posts

Profile of funsway
As noted several times above, I feel that the advantage of the Triple over a regular TUC is minimal for the additional price.
So, getting an additional Ike TUC may be enough - but, there is an Ike Split Coin available occasionally that could expand your options further.

I am a champion of TUC based effects. Yet, looking at the desired end results and working backwards is more important than any gaff.

I can do more than 60 effects with just the standard TUC. What are you looking to do beyond a single Triple? Perhaps just getting more Ike's will be sufficient.

Against that, Marcello and family can use the money, so buy four or five Triples Smile
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Alexmoving
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of Alexmoving
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2023, funsway wrote:
As noted several times above, I feel that the advantage of the Triple over a regular TUC is minimal for the additional price.
So, getting an additional Ike TUC may be enough - but, there is an Ike Split Coin available occasionally that could expand your options further.

I am a champion of TUC based effects. Yet, looking at the desired end results and working backwards is more important than any gaff.

I can do more than 60 effects with just the standard TUC. What are you looking to do beyond a single Triple? Perhaps just getting more Ike's will be sufficient.

Against that, Marcello and family can use the money, so buy four or five Triples Smile

Thank you very much, for your help, it has been very helpful for me to read you, and as you say, having a TUC Triple already of the Eisenhower Dollar, and not having any regular currency in the same format, but in Morgan, I decided to acquire the pack called Perfect Shell Set (Dollar Eisenhower), which comes with 4 Dollar coins and a Shell.

So it would be an ideal pack to use independently, or even combining it with the Tuc Triple.

And so you say, and I have read you in a few threads, where you have given great advice, not being an expert in the use of coins, I will dedicate time to the use of the TUC, removing the shell, the third layer...

The truth is that I would love to have a book dedicated to the TUC, the only problem is my poor level of English, so it should be in digital format, or through videos, to at least be able to use a translator .

Here at the Magic Café™, a world of many ideas opens up to me, even if it depends on the translator, or writing using a translator, hehe.

Therefore, I apologize in advance if the translation is a bit bad.

Do you think I was right with the purchase of the Pack that I mentioned? Any more suggestions, something you would recommend to me.

Now, right now, I would have the TUC TRIPLE, and the EISENHAWER PERFECT DOLLAR PACK
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1813 Posts

It all depends on your goal. Do you want a second turtle that will fit over your Perfect Shell Set? There are things you can get for that. Do you want to have a coin that can be used as one or two coins, much like the TUC? That's a good solution, too.

I would not personally try to mix coins like that. Certainly with the TUCs (but turtles in general) the coins are sometimes slightly different sizes, and so would not nest properly. I personally see little upside to having two silver coins of the same size - you should have contrasting colors or contrasting sizes, instead of combining Morgan Dollars and Eisenhowers.

As Funsway pointed out, there's less extra you can do with the outermost part of the Triple TUC. Since you have one already, you could save money and just get a second regular TUC - though I don't know too many effects (I'm sure Funsway has some) using two TUCs. Be aware that they might be manufactured differently and not be swappable. I know there's a set "Crazy Years" by Tango that's exactly that - but I believe it's only in Quarter, and you already have one.

Or maybe I'm just misunderstanding your question: what coins do you currently have, and what are you trying to decide between getting to extend your sets?
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
9997 Posts

Profile of funsway
My book "T.U.C. Appreciation" is available in eBook format for lulu.com

It goes into many uses of the TUC beyond just an advanced shell gimmick.

I am sure there may be a new market for effects using the triple and more, but no reason to reinvent the wheel either.

I can be very patient with translation issues in direct email. The Format here is difficult. So, contact me directly if desired as in my sig line. PM's do not work well.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Alexmoving
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of Alexmoving
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2023, funsway wrote:
My book "T.U.C. Appreciation" is available in eBook format for lulu.com

It goes into many uses of the TUC beyond just an advanced shell gimmick.

I am sure there may be a new market for effects using the triple and more, but no reason to reinvent the wheel either.

I can be very patient with translation issues in direct email. The Format here is difficult. So, contact me directly if desired as in my sig line. PM's do not work well.

Thank you very much for your valuable help, to say that finally, I acquired your book in Ebook Format through the LULU page, so now, as soon as it arrives, I will try to translate it into Spanish.

and thank you very much for offering me your help through contact via email.

I will do so :::

I hope I was right with the purchase of the SET COINS PERFECT Dolar Eisenhawer to combine with the TUC, in the various routines.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
9997 Posts

Profile of funsway
Write to Marcello in Argentina. I am sure he has Spanish translations of some effects available.

Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
465 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
Still here this post? Wow!!!
GJo
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of GJo
Am I correct that the basic difference between a TUC and a coin + s**ll, is that the TUC can be tossed around like a normal coin whereas a coin+ s**ll cannot (generally)?