The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Trick coin trickery :: T.U.C Tango Ultimate Coin (48 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..17..31..45..59..70~71~72~73~74 [Next]
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
465 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
Hello Friends,

I introduced the new Triple TUC Tricolor, these are 3 coins in one: One dollar copper coin, One dollar Ike and a Chinese one dollar coin. If you want one, just let me know.
Kobra
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of Kobra
Mr. Tango, hope you are well. I've unsuccessfully tried to purchase your new Tricolor. It looks to be discontinued?
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Kobra - PM Mr. Tango to get one.
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4389 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I just got an Eisenhower TUC and it is "sticky". I can seem to spread the coins with one hand. Is there something I need to do to break it in?
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9997 Posts

Profile of funsway
As with any leaf and shell, lay a thin silk over the opening and gently press the leaf inside,
This will equally spread the sides a bit.

You can also put a paper sticker over the mag and raise shell a bit
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4389 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Dec 31, 2020, funsway wrote:
As with any leaf and shell, lay a thin silk over the opening and gently press the leaf inside,
This will equally spread the sides a bit.

You can also put a paper sticker over the mag and raise shell a bit

Thanks.
KJ
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1431 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
How about the coin manufacturer just doing their job and testing it before sending garbage out?
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2356 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On Dec 30, 2020, 1KJ wrote:
I just got an Eisenhower TUC and it is "sticky". I can seem to spread the coins with one hand. Is there something I need to do to break it in?

First, make sure you're opening it correctly - levering the leaf against the m*gn*t so it tilts and clears the rim before pushing it out of the sh*ll.
If it's tilted enough to clear, but sticking where it should slide (teflon sliding over teflon):

Did you get this new? If so, contact the dealer to arrange a proper replacement.
If you got it 2nd hand, make sure all surfaces are clean/free of debris.
Funsway's suggestion of using a silk can work, but first look for obvious signs of a dent in the sh*ll -- you may do better using a wood dowel or Bic lighter to "round out" the dent vs the silk that may stretch out a different area.
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1431 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Inigmntoya: Happy New Year! You are a shining gem in vast amounts of magic wisdom.
Great answer. We all owe you for your endless contributions!!!
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Quote:
On Jan 1, 2021, countrymaven wrote:
Inigmntoya: Happy New Year! You are a shining gem in vast amounts of magic wisdom.
Great answer. We all owe you for your endless contributions!!!

Totally Agree!!!!!!
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
Calvin Tong
View Profile
Special user
718 Posts

Profile of Calvin Tong
Depends what you mean by “sticky”..

I also own triple TUC tricolor and have experienced difficulty in dislodging the inner most TUC insxxx with one hand. It has to do with the design of the inner most insxxx. This is not the same “sticky” that I encountered with earlier versions of TUC. I contacted mr. tango and he was nice enough to gave me a few solutions specific to triple TUC tricolor. If there is interest we can discuss further in Secret sessions. Let me know.
Cal Tong
President Emeritus
IBM Ring 216 Silicon Valley
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4389 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Thanks for the suggestions. I bought it new. I'll check it. "Sticky" might not be the right word. I push the gimmick and it tilts, but it doesn't clear the coin to be able to pull the inner coin off the outer coin.
KJ
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Quote:
On Jan 3, 2021, 1KJ wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions. I bought it new. I'll check it. "Sticky" might not be the right word. I push the gimmick and it tilts, but it doesn't clear the coin to be able to pull the inner coin off the outer coin.
KJ

Mine has a sweet spot that is exactly at the tail. Try putting pressure right on the tail and push to see if it clears easily. If not move around the coin pressing the edge and pushing every few millimeters and note where yours is perfect.

Hope this helps!
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
2356 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Also, once the "tilt" has been achieved, try using your thumb to simultaneously rotate the leaf as you're pushing it out. That can help it find a spot where it can clear the rim.
If there's no such spot, adding a small bit of tape to the center of the m*gn*t may give you just enough extra lift/tilt to clear the rim. But since you bought it new, that sort of tweak shouldn't really be needed.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
2356 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
CountryMaven and StarManager - your checks are in the mail. 🙂

Seriously, thanks, but I just know a little about a lot of things, and a lot about a few things, and share what I can.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4389 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Thanks for the suggestions, I will try them.
KJ
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4389 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
BTW, I ordered the following tape to place in the middle and elevate the insert a bit:

https://www.amazon.com/Teflon-Machine-Im......&sr=8-19

Hopefully it will improve my success rate.

KJ
Aintnothingbutachickenwing
View Profile
New user
Dublin Ireland
20 Posts

Profile of Aintnothingbutachickenwing
Well after spending 2 weeks reading everything in this thread I have now purchased the TUC 2 euro and half dollar! So excited to get this it's my first coin gimmick
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Quote:
On May 15, 2021, Aintnothingbutachickenwing wrote:
Well after spending 2 weeks reading everything in this thread I have now purchased the TUC 2 euro and half dollar! So excited to get this it's my first coin gimmick

Welcome to the world of Coin Gaffs! This is a great utility item as well as great for specific tricks. You'll love it. If you don't have basic sleight of hand experience or training, you might consider JB Bobo's Modern Coin Magic in book or in video form. I think Penguin Magic has the video instruction. And all of us are always here to assist with questions and help too!
Aintnothingbutachickenwing
View Profile
New user
Dublin Ireland
20 Posts

Profile of Aintnothingbutachickenwing
Thank you so much starmanager so excited for them to arrive and must check out that book thank you for the recommendation