The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Trick coin trickery :: T.U.C Tango Ultimate Coin (48 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..16..29..42..55..67~68~69~70~71~72~73~74 [Next]
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1813 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
Huh, good eye! That's an excellent question, and I do not know the answer, as I've never seen one in person.

The picture is triply confusing because an English penny is larger than a quarter, but in the picture it's smaller.I always assumed it was US penny, and was just he equivalent of a Captain + Coke. But that's the only version I've ever heard of, so if it's as pictured, then I'm not sure what other one you're looking for.

I suspect the best person to answer would be Mr Tango himself.
MitchC
View Profile
Elite user
Can't believe I only have
415 Posts

Profile of MitchC
Thanks Tons.... I'm just going to get the C&C 2.0 magnetic set.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6778 Posts

Profile of videoman
I can't answer this definitively since I do not own it. However, I do own the Quarter/Penny Hopping Half set from Tango which has a US quarter and US penny. So my guess would be that the TUC version is made very similar except with the added features of a standard TUC.

If you’re looking to do the standard C&C effect that is a more suitable Gaff for that particular effect than a TUC IMO.
However, the TUC can allow things the C&C can't.
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
465 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
By the end of this month we are gowing to introduce this versions:
Triple TUC half dollar $ 99
Triple TUC one dollar $ 120
Triple TUC quarter dollar $ 90
MitchC
View Profile
Elite user
415 Posts

Profile of MitchC
Will there be a Walking Liberty version ?
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
861 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
I just bought a Triple TUC walking liberty from another member last night, waiting on its arrival. I'm a little concerned with the logistics of dislodging the TUC from the M****** [. I know the two sides will attract differently, but how much more difficult will it be from using a standard [?

Hopefully I can still get the updated video once it is out.
All small town magicians know what 793.8 signifies.
MitchC
View Profile
Elite user
415 Posts

Profile of MitchC
Chris, glad you got the set. I passed on it as the coins looked too worn for my use. If you have never owned a TUC, you will like it I'm sure. I have 4 versions of it and am looking for the Walking Liberty version.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9997 Posts

Profile of funsway
Quote:
On Nov 14, 2017, Chris Meece wrote:
I know the two sides will attract differently, but how much more difficult will it be from using a standard [?

In the beta testing, the non-locking side has less attraction than the TUC leaf so that it can be removed without normal separation.

On the locking side it will take a strong shake to dislodge and the TUC can be used in its regular way.

What you don't want to do is try and remove the EXP shell without the Leaf inserted. It you accidentally put the EXP shell on the open side without the Leaf you are in trouble.

So, the secret is to use the TUC as a complete coin when using the EXP shell, and the features of the TUC without the EXP shell.
An exception might be with a C/S TUC and then care must be taken as to parity of the sides - two locked faces will be no fun.

However, an external magnet of greater force can be used to split the errant parts if necessary. This means that when using a ChestMag or other Steal device,
one that is too strong could cause a problem. While multiple TUC can be stacked on a single loading magnet, I would leave the Super TUC out of that game.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
861 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
Very detailed answer, thank you very much. Is the weak side also the side of the inner [? ( [[ |) Or is the weak side the "leaf" side? ( [|] )
All small town magicians know what 793.8 signifies.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
9997 Posts

Profile of funsway
The weak position is over the Leaf - which gives mine two heads. For my Ike version the TUC will fall out of the Shell easily.

Note: in strong/lock position the TUC functions normally - except that the attraction of the Leaf is slightly less.
This means that some separation methods are easier or quicker. Thus, a practiced thumb or finger action in a known routine
should be practiced anew if the Super is used in lock. More importantly, if you use the Super a lot and then suddenly shift to a TUC without EXP [,
it may lead to fumbling. Never assume that any TUC are the same.

When I was developing effects for "T.U.C. Appreciation" I played with several different TUC. Using paper stickers, I balanced the attraction of each so that the
separation effort was the same. With the Super, the extra spacer may lessen the Weak side too much, but a spacer on the EXP [ may be OK.

Perhaps this means that one should never use a borrowed TUC Smile
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
9997 Posts

Profile of funsway
I know that Marcello made some changes to the Super since the beta testing. I am sure the parity of the pieces is the same,
but the attractive strength may be different. Hope I haven't over-emphasized the concerns.

I did forget to mention that I recommend you become proficient with the TUC alone before even worrying about "making it super."

Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
465 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
Yes I will make the walking liberty TRIPLE TUC next year
ancientmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Tucson AZ
112 Posts

Profile of ancientmagic
Hey Everyone,

I would like to get some feedback from those of you that have the Morgan TUC. I purchased the Morgan TUC as a set of that came with three other Morgans for $600.00 from a distributor. However, I found that my TUC m****t was so weak that it opens with any pressure; I can't roll it across my fingers as shown in Mr. Tango's lecture because the leaf drops out; the leaf also pops out tossed into the hands with another Morgan; additionally the leaf will jump out when the TUC is dropped on the close up pad by itself; even when handled very gently at the edges by my thumb and forefinger the leaf pops out. When held against another Morgan, as in 3 Fly, the leaf pops open.

I have emailed and PM's Mr. Tango but haven't heard back from him. I did send the set back to the distributor to try for an exchange; however they informed me that there was probably nothing to be done because the set I received was the best one out of the three they had in stock. Honestly, I felt that after seeing the Tango lecture on Penguin and watching the DVD, somehow I had received a defective TUC. I have read through this post and saw that some others also had similar problems. I'm not slamming the TUC, I just felt paying for $600.00 (getting into Todd Lassen land pricing) for the set, which included the TUC. It should have a little more "stick" ability. I have a friend who has the Ike TUC and another that has the Morgan. Both of those are perfect! I don't want a refund, I just want a TUC that I can do what is demonstrated in the Tango lecture and on the DVD. Has anyone else received a TUC with this level of weakness? If you did get a weak TUC, what did you do to resolve the issue? Is there a fix or did you just put it in the "drawer" and write it off?

Thanks,
John
"In victory you deserve champagne…in defeat you need it!" –Napoleon Bonaparte
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
9997 Posts

Profile of funsway
Marcello is usually very good at getting back to people, so keep trying. He may be on the road, though. I have never heard of this problem before.

All of my TUC have a different feel, but all function properly.

dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1190 Posts

Profile of dj
Quote:
On Dec 15, 2017, ancientmagic wrote:
Hey Everyone,

I would like to get some feedback from those of you that have the Morgan TUC. I purchased the Morgan TUC as a set of that came with three other Morgans for $600.00 from a distributor. However, I found that my TUC m****t was so weak that it opens with any pressure; I can't roll it across my fingers as shown in Mr. Tango's lecture because the leaf drops out; the leaf also pops out tossed into the hands with another Morgan; additionally the leaf will jump out when the TUC is dropped on the close up pad by itself; even when handled very gently at the edges by my thumb and forefinger the leaf pops out. When held against another Morgan, as in 3 Fly, the leaf pops open.

I have emailed and PM's Mr. Tango but haven't heard back from him. I did send the set back to the distributor to try for an exchange; however they informed me that there was probably nothing to be done because the set I received was the best one out of the three they had in stock. Honestly, I felt that after seeing the Tango lecture on Penguin and watching the DVD, somehow I had received a defective TUC. I have read through this post and saw that some others also had similar problems. I'm not slamming the TUC, I just felt paying for $600.00 (getting into Todd Lassen land pricing) for the set, which included the TUC. It should have a little more "stick" ability. I have a friend who has the Ike TUC and another that has the Morgan. Both of those are perfect! I don't want a refund, I just want a TUC that I can do what is demonstrated in the Tango lecture and on the DVD. Has anyone else received a TUC with this level of weakness? If you did get a weak TUC, what did you do to resolve the issue? Is there a fix or did you just put it in the "drawer" and write it off?

Thanks,
John

It's $ 600, imagine how much money that is. Very weak, outrageous that Mr.Tango has not contacted you yet.
It's good to know if something is not working properly, then nobody will get in touch.
Thank you for the information.
ancientmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Tucson AZ
112 Posts

Profile of ancientmagic
Quote:
On Dec 15, 2017, funsway wrote:
Marcello is usually very good at getting back to people, so keep trying. He may be on the road, though. I have never heard of this problem before.

All of my TUC have a different feel, but all function properly.

/////////////////////////
Funsway,

I did send another email to Marcello but still haven't heard back from him. I'm waiting to hear from the distributor about what can be done to correct this issue. If you read back through this forum there are some places where a poster brings up the issue of the TUC seeming "weak" when holding it in the fingers. Not to the extent I encountered. I was really excited about this set of coins. I don't know what to think now. The set is listed on several magic sites here in the U.S. but not on the Tango website. I might be wrong about this but I am pretty sure that this is the most expensive set of coins Tango produces; selling at $600.00. You would at least think there would be some kind of response! Oh, well I guess that's the way it goes.

Cheers,
John
"In victory you deserve champagne…in defeat you need it!" –Napoleon Bonaparte
jmilesb
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of jmilesb
Help, please!

I went on a little buying jag after years (okay, decades) away from the craft. I have a few gaffed coins, but didn't know about the TUC (quite late to the game). I read enough here and elsewhere to get a decent idea, but didn't know the details. Got my Ike TUC, but the only instructions were the included DVD, which was badly scratched & unplayable. I'd rather not return it & wait for a new order to come thru, but I'm not even sure I got all that I was meant to in the way of the coin.

Two questions:

(1) Without undue indiscretion, I'm looking at two components: a [ w/ a ma---t and a t-inn--r than usual Ike. I understand the possibilities (at least some of them) for these two (or should I say one?), but I can't help wondering if there is a third, fourth, or who-knows-what component that was left out of my package.

(2) If all I'm missing is a good DVD instruction manual, is there a way to get an online equivalent, perhaps with some proof of my purchase? I intend to ask the dealer who sold this, but am skeptical about getting a response, especially a timely one.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
John
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
465 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
Jmilesb I sent you a link for the video
dj, I replay your pm
Thanks Funsway for letting me know
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
9997 Posts

Profile of funsway
For those mystified, I took a chance that it is the Café' PM's that Marcello has not been getting. So, I sent him an alert on every email addy I have for him.

He posted a response here within hours. Maybe the addy supplied with the TUC instructions doesn't work right.

Apparently, one did work. I would suggest to everyone that when attempting to reach a person not in the USA that emails do not always get through the way we like.
This does not explain why AncientMagic's supplier could not get a response. I hope this resolves quickly now.

tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1813 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
I was going to say that there's an online version of the DVD, and Mr. Tango could send you the info, but it sounds like he already has.

You have everything that comes with the TUC. Actually, there was also a shimmed card, too, in some versions (maybe not all?) but that's very easily obtained. You're right, though, that a third component could potentially be useful - and that's the idea behind the newly release Triple TUC. But it sounds like your original one is complete, so no need to fear missing parts.

Enjoy!