The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The little darlings :: Routining School Shows, Kids, Shows, and Illusion Shows (20 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
brownsentertainment
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of brownsentertainment
I heard mention of "Maximum Entertainment". Is this a book avaible on the market?
colin underwood
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of colin underwood
Good advice ,well done
gman
View Profile
Special user
Lancaster, pa
751 Posts

Profile of gman
Just did a search for this book and found this link: http://www.ken-weber.com/

George P
paulbrown0833
View Profile
New user
USA
26 Posts

Profile of paulbrown0833
Thanks for the link. Lots of good stuff on the pro-magic website.
KidMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Bradford
183 Posts

Profile of KidMagic
I am very glad I took the time to read this, worth every minute! Some awesome ideas and concepts! This has been saved under my favourites for a major reference to all my shows, thanks a bunch!

Zach
Magically yours,
KidMagic/Zachary Gauthier
www.kidmagic.ca
MatBlack
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of MatBlack
I add my words of thanks too - this has become a permanent bookmark on the browser.
Kudos to all who have contributed.

M@
googoodolls
View Profile
New user
Colorado
71 Posts

Profile of googoodolls
I love this thread absolutely good advice.
John J Walton
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of John J Walton
Dennis

I want to start doing kid shows. Thank you very much for the info. I think it will be a big help to me.

John
electric.ceu
View Profile
Regular user
I can't believe I have
130 Posts

Profile of electric.ceu
Thanks for the great ideas!

I have found that producing a rabbit is always a favorite with the kids. You can either use something like a square circle or my favorite is to produce a bunch of silks from a phantom tube, then produce a small bunny from the silks. Make sure you give them a chance to pet the bunny at the end of the show.

One of my favorite routines is to have the kids pluck "invisible" candy from the air, and one at a time "throw" the candy to me which I catch in a paper bag, and then show the candy has appeared in the bag. On the third throw I fail to catch the candy and when I turn to look for where the candy went, the kids see a piece of candy which I prevously taped to my back. Of course they are all shouting, laughing, etc. about the candy on my back. I use this misdirection to switch the paper bag with a paper bag full of candy from my suitcase table. After I finally notice the candy on my back I have all of the kids throw their candy all at once and I make a show of catching it all. Then when I pour the bag full of candy in a clear bowl, everybody is surprised by the appearance, even the adults. And you also have something to give out at the end of the show.

Speaking of make believe, kids love the ABC blocks and I pretend to cause the blocks to become invisible and then throw them to volunteers in the audience. They throw them back and I put them on the spindle. Of course the B block gets away from me and I can't find it. I lift the tube and it's not there. I finally find it in the hat that I showed empty previously. I believe that David Ginn has the routine in one of his books.
Timothy James
Raffy
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Raffy
Fantastic writing Dennis. Enjoyed the topic
Wanlu
View Profile
Inner circle
Manila, Philippines
3058 Posts

Profile of Wanlu
Im doing a big school show this weekend (5 sets) and thought I'd review this thread.

Thank God I did... Smile

Great work Mr Michaels...
"The Old Path"
www.angdatingdaan.org

Wanlu's Affordable Puppets
http://wanlu.net/ventpuppets.html

Wanlu and his Puppets
http://wanlu.net
JimbosMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of JimbosMagic
So much useful info here for every one semi pros and pros. Well done
JIMMY CARLO. KIDabra International Family Entertainer of the Year 2009.
IBM Triple Award Winner. Uk Champion of Comedy Magic.
Represented the UK in the United Slapstick Awards on German TV.
European Children's Entertainer of the year 2007/8
Raffy
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Raffy
Good advice to be followed
DN777
View Profile
Veteran user
360 Posts

Profile of DN777
A great trick is to make the kids yell. Trick I learned from a DJ at a strip show - "Who can make the most noise?", "Let me hear you say "Yeah", etc. It's good stuff if not abused.
Alex Palombo
View Profile
Regular user
Abington, Pennislyvania
105 Posts

Profile of Alex Palombo
Cool
Philadelphia SYM Assembly 96 Member
Magicians' Alliance of Eastern States Member
Smile MAGICIAN DIRECTORY member
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1234 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
Take a look at the new Ebook by Sue-Anne Webster 'Have You Ever Thought About School Tours'.

Should be on sale ($10) in our store in the next 24 hours.

30+ pages of very valuable, hard earned advice!

http://www.AustralianMagician.com/store

Click here to view attached image.
Zendor
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of Zendor
Gee - I wish this was available when I first started in magic!
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1234 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
Always good to get back to basics no matter what stage of your career.
Ceutadigital
View Profile
New user
Cadiz - Spain
19 Posts

Profile of Ceutadigital
I have learnt a lot with this these post, thanks everybody

From Spain
johnjack
View Profile
New user
Staten Island New York
38 Posts

Profile of johnjack
Wow what a great post. I have a question regarding. I have a 5th grade school show consisting of 10 year olds approximately 150 of them. Yikes! I must be honest I am a bit nervous.

This is my first show consisting totally of this age group. I primarily perform for a mixed age group therefore having a trick or two for everyone. So my question is, I will be performing Vanishing Bandana?, Losander floating table as a closer,thinking about a sponge ball routine,(not sure if hippity hop rabbits will work) a trick with slush powder, rope through me or a teacher with two helpers (forgot about that one until I read this post. So thank you.

Can I do a mind reading routine like a tossed out deck? Any suggestions/ comments would be appreciated. I need packs small play big because the show is in a week.

Thanks all.
http://www.johnryansmagic.com