The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: ANTINOMY - Perception & Deception :: UPDATE- the final Issues of ANTINOMY (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
antinomy
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of antinomy
Since it's been awhile since Issue 14 came out and Issue 15 is still not out, I wanted to let people know where things stand. If you're an ANTINOMY supporter, you can help me by letting other subscribers know about this.

Part of the "end game" in finishing up publication of ANTINOMY involves financing the publication. ANTINOMY was never the cheapest option in terms of publishing a journal of this sort and postage prices have increased every year since it began. As I complete my 2008 taxes, I'm reminded just how far below break-even ANTINOMY has fallen. Of course, this is one of the reasons I am ceasing publication after the next two issues.

Regardless, I want subscribers to know that I believe I will receive enough funding to publish Issue 15 within the next month or so. So while some of the time constraints that have made it difficult to produce the issues have eased, the publication schedule of the next two issues will be based more on funding than time.

I also wanted to mention that Issue 16, the final issue, will be an expanded version of ANTINOMY with more pages and more content. It will sell individually for $30. Anyone who subscribes to the final four issues of ANTINOMY, starting with Issue 13, will receive this jumbo-sized final Issue without additional cost.

Thanks,

Gene
Gene Taylor
editor & publisher
Antinomy
http://www.antinomymagic.com
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5480 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Thanks for the update, Gene. Frankly, I would have paid a higher subscription rate to keep this exceptional journal in print. Even so... I'm looking forward (patiently Smile) to the final issues.
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1021 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
Gene- I echo Magiguy's comments. THis is/was a superb publication, and the physical quality of the magazine made it a pleasure to read. It would have been worth twice the price.
John
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2099 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
How is it coming? I got all the issues so far but want the full year and CD of the last 4 issues when they come out.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
dkahane
View Profile
New user
Virginia, USA
5 Posts

Profile of dkahane
Any sign of issues 15 and/or 16?
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5480 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Quote:
On 2009-08-17 00:07, dkahane wrote:
Any sign of issues 15 and/or 16?

I'm sure that they will come, sooner or later. It's a shame to see Antinomy come to such an abrupt end, but I am happy to wait until Gene has the resources to finish the run in the style we have become accustomed to.

Patience is a virtue... Smile
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Still waiting...
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5480 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
In a recent email from Gene he mentioned that he is finishing up issue 15 and it should go to the printer in about 2 - 3 weeks. Issue 16 and the CD annual will then take some period of months to complete. Something to look forward to...
Denis Bastible
View Profile
Loyal user
Buffalo, New York
293 Posts

Profile of Denis Bastible
Keep looking and keep waiting....Patience is a virtue, but this is ridiculous
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1021 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
Let's face it, the odds of seeing any more issues of this formerly wonderful magazine are extremely slim. Too bad, and not good news for the subscribers who already paid for them.
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5480 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
I maintain faith in Gene, and feel certain that we will, eventually, see the final two issues and the accompanying CD annual.
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Quote:
On 2009-12-13 18:34, Magiguy wrote:
I maintain faith in Gene, and feel certain that we will, eventually, see the final two issues and the accompanying CD annual.

I second that wholehearted.
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
antinomy
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of antinomy
I've been reluctant to post here without having something concrete to say. I've been wrong many times this year in my estimates regarding the availability of Issue 15. I realize it's been an absurdly long time between issues. I can only say that I am trying to get this issue to the printer before the end of the year. I will post when that goal has been reached.

If ANTINOMY had been a financial success, then instead of explaining delays in Volume 4, I'd be posting about the availabilty of Volume 5. That's the reality of the situation.

I appreciate the supportive comments posted here.
Gene Taylor
editor & publisher
Antinomy
KLG
View Profile
Veteran user
Hong Kong
348 Posts

Profile of KLG
Thanks for the update. Looking forward to it!
manreb
View Profile
Special user
666 Posts

Profile of manreb
I have been a supporter of Antinomy for many years as a "magic shop" purchser. I beleive that the final issues will be published and am willing to show my support by purchasing a subscritio. I have looked at your web site and can not see how to do this. Can you let me know?
antinomy
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of antinomy
You can subscribe to the last volume of Antinomy here:
http://www.antinomymagic.com/subscribe.htm

Available issues will ship immediately. Issues 15 and 16 will ship when available.

Issue 15 should be out soon.

Thanks for your patience and support.
Gene Taylor
editor & publisher
Antinomy
Gordon
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
692 Posts

Profile of Gordon
So I take it you didn't make your goal of sending #15 to press by the end of 2009. Or does "should be out soon" mean that it's now in production?
Hay Harrey
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of Hay Harrey
Anyone heard anything about this upcoming issue? Would really love to have the full set... eventually. Really looking forward to a massive issue.

I'm Harry Hay and I'm outta here!
Denis Bastible
View Profile
Loyal user
Buffalo, New York
293 Posts

Profile of Denis Bastible
Harry- if you read all the posts you will come to the conclusion that you better not hold your breath
BSL
View Profile
New user
Krakow (Poland)
11 Posts

Profile of BSL
Dear magicians from Magic Café - I'm from Poland, totally new here.. I logged in just because I have found this topic, and want to ask if there are any news about two final issues of antinomy? I was told a long long time ago, that they are just coming, and after many months still nothing? Waiting for them every day with hope and faith in people Smile.. any news however?