The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Right or Wrong? :: Public Domain/Copyright Term Info :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
David Bilan
View Profile
Special user
Clarksville, TN
714 Posts

Profile of David Bilan
This information only applies to United States Copyright Law. If you live in another country, this information may not apply.

Publication Copyright Protection Info as of 1 January 2009

Works currently in the Public Domain:

Anything published prior to 1923.

1923 - 1963 (Published with a copyright notice , but copyright was not renewed).

1923 - 1977 (Published without a copyright notice).

1978 - 1 March 1989 (Published without notice, and without subsequent registration within 5 years).

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Works Currently Protected and Term of Protection:

1923 through 1963 (Published with notice and the copyright was renewed)... 95 years after publication date.

1964 through 1977 (Published with notice)... 95 years after publication date.

1978 to 1 March 1989 (Published without notice, but with subsequent registration within 5 years)... 70 years from death of author.

After 1989: Generally, 70 years after the death of the author, but there are specifics which may increase that term (see chart at cornell web site).

For full info, go to:

http://www.copyright.cornell.edu/public_domain/

This site (from Cornell University) provides an easy to read chart.

Official disclaimer: The information in this post is for informational purposes only and does not take the place of legal representation.

Dave
Yes, I am a magician. No I did not make my hare (hair) disappear... it just took early retirement.