The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tenyo Elite :: What Tenyo item do you want made elite? (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
As I stated in an earlier post..Zigzag Cigarette/Pencil.

I recently took this out of storage, and replaced the cigarette with a pencil. I use the 'marking the middle piece ruse' [dry erase marker]. Folk's at my family restaurants absolutely love it.

I would really like to see this in an Elite version *[that would accommodate a standard 3 1/2" golf pencil]With the original version I have to shave the pencil down 1/4" first.
This is a great illusion!

Rich
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
The jumping gems collection.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2009-03-16 14:24, magicbob116 wrote:
I've always been fond of Crystal Pyramid as well (a marvel of engineering). However, I've now seen knock-offs at the dollar store, so it's probably too over-exposed. The original is also rather noisy when the dirty work is done. Perhaps better materials would alleviate some of that.

They already make an "elite" version of this effect. It's called Hole in One

magicgettogether.com

Quote:
On 2009-03-16 16:41, RicHeka wrote:
As I stated in an earlier post..Zigzag Cigarette/Pencil.

I recently took this out of storage, and replaced the cigarette with a pencil. I use the 'marking the middle piece ruse' [dry erase marker]. Folk's at my family restaurants absolutely love it.

I would really like to see this in an Elite version *[that would accommodate a standard 3 1/2" golf pencil]With the original version I have to shave the pencil down 1/4" first.
This is a great illusion!

Rich

I've always wanted to see this done up in brass and made to look (and hopefully work) as a lighter.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
Quote:
On 2009-03-18 12:43, Payne wrote:
Quote:
I've always been fond of Crystal Pyramid as well (a marvel of engineering). However, I've now seen knock-offs at the dollar store, so it's probably too over-exposed. The original is also rather noisy when the dirty work is done. Perhaps better materials would alleviate some of that.

http://www.magicgettogether.com/mm5/merc......ry_Code=

Well, same basic effect and principle, but I don't think that really qualfies as a "Tenyo Elite." I was thinking more of it being made with a similar theme... with a large glass pyramid, a carved wooden altar, etc.
B. Robert Pulver

The "I Hate Card Tricks!" Book of Card Tricks Vol. 1, 2, and 3
Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
magicbob116@yahoo.com
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
I'd like to see the Ninja Experiment made Elite
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1050 Posts

Profile of tdowell
Quote:
On 2009-03-18 12:43, Payne wrote:
Quote:

http://www.magicgettogether.com/mm5/merc......ry_Code=

Not really the same in size or portability.
magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
I realize it's not really part of the Tenyo Elite concept, but wouldn't it be great if some of these were made not just with better materials, but also as "parlor-sized" versions? Crystal Pyramid and Crystal Cleaver could be works of art if they were about 10" tall.

I'm envisioning something with the beauty of "Sword of the Ring" (pictured below) combined with the Tenyo functionality. Ok... actually it could be made even more beautiful than "Sword of the Ring." An Ornately carved wood chest with a real (jewel-adorned?) dagger. Instead of a finger ring, use a silver (or gold?) plated steel O-ring. Prison Box and Mobile Illusion would also work great if done in larger scale.

Click here to view attached image.
B. Robert Pulver

The "I Hate Card Tricks!" Book of Card Tricks Vol. 1, 2, and 3
Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
magicbob116@yahoo.com
mickey.w
View Profile
Veteran user
HK
313 Posts

Profile of mickey.w
Apart from particular items to be made elite, I have a personal cliche on tenyo items made with Examinable dupes to throw at curious spectators.

afterall, they might not be at all skeptical; the design of the props alone draws too much appeal to get their hands on them.

For example, I want an elite version of the Invisible zone that comes with an actual pen and an examinable duplicate.

then of course the Prison Box and Crystal cleaver!
magiquarian
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of magiquarian
Mini Magic brass Close Up sets. Know this would be a real challenge.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
There are a lot of great suggestions in this thread!
I would like to add 'BILLSCAPE'; it is already of very good quality , however it could always be made more professional looking Smile

'SANDWICH PLATTER' is another great trick that could do with a more professional look, i.e. with bicycle cards Smile
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Crystal Cleaver and Eclipse!
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Mindbender
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of Mindbender
Prison Box - mine broke after several uses
alannasser
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of alannasser
I've found Crystal Cleaver to be unusable because it talks real loud at the magic moment. It's gotta be absolutely silent.
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1050 Posts

Profile of tdowell
Quote:
On 2009-04-30 03:57, alannasser wrote:
I've found Crystal Cleaver to be unusable because it talks real loud at the magic moment. It's gotta be absolutely silent.

I'm not sure why it has to be absolutely silent. The "click" sound is actually very useful because it sounds like the sword is hitting the ring then penetrating through.
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
705 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
That's what I say when mine "clicks". I say "there. It just went right through the ring".
ceme20
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of ceme20
Crystal Cleaver and Midas Machine for sure! I would love to get another Midas Machine if anyone out there has one to sell. I would definately but 2 Crystal Cleaver elites!
The Magical stage parallels that of the Stage of Life. We can step off, re-direct, and Create new Miracles as easily, and as naturally as taking in a breath...
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3699 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
I would like to see you make the one where the little skeleton writes the name of your card.

Jim
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3254 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Spirit in the coffin please
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
LOL, I was waiting for you make the official post about that magicmind!

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3254 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Post has been made...officially. Now, lets see the merchandise.
:coolspot:

I made this my 1300th post for a reason peter. See if you can have a beta version by my 1400th.