The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Betchas :: Scam school (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
basic_mystifier
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of basic_mystifier
Don't know if anyone has seen it yet but on revision3 or youtube there is a program called scam school Brian Brushwood hosts it. He is a magician that does college tours.

http://www.youtube.com/user/revision3

He has a lot of bar scams/simple magic/ puzzles!
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
191 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Some good stuff there - thanks!

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
basic_mystifier
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of basic_mystifier
No problemo. There are also some very easy magic tricks if anyone is a beginner and is interested. I think it is a weekly show.
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
Been a fan for some time ...
check out his Scissors, Paper, Stone routine

Wulfie
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Some might call it exposure.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
coreymartin
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of coreymartin
Glad to see other Scam School fans here. A lot of good bar bets and fun tricks for parties. Good for taking a night off from a lot of the 'serious' party magic.
----
Corey M.
iTricks.com Reviews Editor / Publisher
twitter.com/c_michaels
loyaleagle
View Profile
Special user
Montgomery Village, Maryland
567 Posts

Profile of loyaleagle
I will add that while I personally LOVE the show, I am surprised at what he is willing to put out there for the public. Fortunately he clearly knows where to draw the line most of the time and just performs anything that's over a layman's head, but there are a few concepts (which I cannot really remember now) that he definitely exposed that got my magician sense tingling.

Just a thought...
Visit my blog: ScienceIsMagic.com
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
Check out the latest heads or tails routine.
A real winner with table hopping
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
I don't think that it's really exposure in this case. These to me are simple bar bets/wagers that will not hurt a professional close up magician. Plus, if someone is searching for a bar bet to do at a bar, they're more than likely a magician at this point anyway. I really don't think he's giving away anything drastic.
kmpx18
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of kmpx18
Brian brushwood is an interesting fellow. I'm an extremely big fan of scam school. he inspired me to perform the human blockhead, and eat fire along with many other things. I would like to compliment him for what he does.
mindguru
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of mindguru
I used to watch a lot of their vids, some are very entertaining.
Giacomo Moretti
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Giacomo Moretti
I watched pretty much all of the Scam School videos on youtube and found them very entertaining. Many are just harmless little games to earn a free drink in a bar. Among my favorites were:

- the human chimney
- cheating at poker
- the lift
- coint trick that fooled Einstein
- fast & loose
- shims made from a coke can to open locks

Best,
G.
kal
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of kal
I find this one of the most enjoyable shows on the interwebs. Brain Brushwood is an excellent character and I would say he very clearly knows where to draw the line in what to show and not show.
The latest episode is very good, more an exposure than the other where I feel. Nice and brave.
I'm always honest about when I'm lying. And I'm always lying...
alpha alex
View Profile
Special user
774 Posts

Profile of alpha alex
Brian is a great entertainer, I love scam school
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
TiVo has an option where I can download weekly tricks from the net onto my TiVo from Scam School.

Brian is a riot and quite likeable.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
It's a good series, and he's even used ideas of mine or mentioned my ......episodes!

I sometimes worry that the stuff he gives away is too good, such as Miraskill or the Gilbreath Principle. On the other hand, I've noticed that you can often perform things for Scam School fans from episodes about 2 months back or so, and still fool them with the things.
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
As of this week...make that 6 episodes!
;)

Scam School site: http://revision3.com/scamschool/multipleouts
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u4n8tMp44U
tricky360
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of tricky360
He has now released scam school ebook on I tunes.
Shyft
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of Shyft
Oh wow I didn't know this existed. I remember Revision3 from a while ago when they did a series called The Broken (hacker show). They did a few episodes then stopped. I'll have to revisit them now.
Granger
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Granger
I love scam school episodes!!