The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: TA: True Astonishment by Paul Harris: Box Set: 9 DVDs + Props (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11..19..27..35..41~42~43~44~45..51..56..61..66..70~71~72 [Next]
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2009-02-21 22:21, Tom G wrote:
There's been a few variations of Nightshades. The original with the pen, a version in the AOA books that used slight of hand, the Ultra Visual that used a special something. And now the TA pen, like Nightshades but totally reworked,like it's on steroids.

Tom

My favorite version is the Ultra Visual Nightshades.

Thanks for writing back!

Best,

Doug Lippert

Quote:
On 2009-02-21 22:22, Nathan Pain wrote:
Now that we are done exposing things...can we move on?

Nathan

I was discussing the origins of the pen. I did not reveal how it worked.
There was nothing being exposed?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exposure_(magic)

Please don't accuse me of exposure. It is a very disrespectful thing to say.
You might as well call me a !@#$%^& or something.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Quote:
On 2009-02-19 18:45, Acecardician wrote:
I'm going to start Twilight Angles without the signature for close friends.
I ordered 50 refills in redback, they are on back order, but I am patient and in this for the long run. So by the time I get good at it, they should be here.

I'll keep you up to date.

ACE

Where can I pick these up?
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
I believe these are only red but these are the cheapest I have found:

http://www.theastonishmentproject.com/sh......id=13876

if you want blue,

http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/10-refill-......207.html

Blue are almost double the price though
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Doug,

If ANYONE looks at the pic of the pen on the ad that YOU posted...they can figure it out...we are not stupid people...someone can spend 40$ and have what we spent 300$ on...the ad says EXACTLY how the pen functions...

Nathan

PS I would appreciate if you would ask the mods to remove at least the link from your post...if you don't, I will.
FZandura
View Profile
Loyal user
North Carolina
247 Posts

Profile of FZandura
As an interested, but unbiased third party, I've got to agree with Nathan.
F. Zandura
Whiskey_Trigger
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Whiskey_Trigger
We spent $300 on the entrie set, not just the pen. With that said, I agree that the link should be removed but don't overstate the problem here.
acchessor
View Profile
Elite user
Nebraska
402 Posts

Profile of acchessor
I did a set of Twilight Angels, Dr. Fun, Naked Strange, Degrees of Freedom (from Bannon's Dear Mr. Fantasy), and Stapled Warp last night, and it went amazing! The reactions were great, and I also used a few performance ideas given on the set. More to come in the TA Diaries sometime this week.
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Whiskey,

That is true, but without 300$ spent...we get no pen.

Nathan
Whiskey_Trigger
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Whiskey_Trigger
Unless you click that link. LOL.
Roland78
View Profile
Special user
Torino, Italy
567 Posts

Profile of Roland78
Quote:
On 2009-02-22 11:48, acchessor wrote:
I did a set of Twilight Angels, Dr. Fun, Naked Strange, Degrees of Freedom (from Bannon's Dear Mr. Fantasy), and Stapled Warp last night, and it went amazing! The reactions were great, and I also used a few performance ideas given on the set. More to come in the TA Diaries sometime this week.

Congratulations, it sounds like a terrific evening. Smile

Dave
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Does anyone else find it annoying that the props don't fit in the box while in the sack?
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2009-02-22 13:25, Andi Peters wrote:
Does anyone else find it annoying that the props don't fit in the box while in the sack?

I find it annoying that the box don't fit in the sack.

OK, just kidding.

I didn't even consider putting the bag in the box, so it never was an issue. I have the props laid out on my work table. Cards and things can be put in the slot of the dvd cases. The pen...I think is meant to be carried with you. Lubors Lens in your wallet..etc.

Posted: Feb 22, 2009 4:35pm
About the box, you can remove the wooden insert at the bottom. The bag then fits nicely in the box with the dvd's. The insert can go on your desk to hold mail, recipies in the kitchen, etc. if you wanted to do that.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1390 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
Quote:
On 2009-02-22 08:47, slyhand wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-02-19 18:45, Acecardician wrote:
I'm going to start Twilight Angles without the signature for close friends.
I ordered 50 refills in redback, they are on back order, but I am patient and in this for the long run. So by the time I get good at it, they should be here.

I'll keep you up to date.

ACE

Where can I pick these up?

Yes, I ordered them at TAP: http://www.theastonishmentproject.com/sh......id=13876

The red is on back order, I'll post when I get them, or just make your order, be sure he knows the color you want, and you will get them when they get them.
I have no idea about blue as I will not be using them. I'd send Jason an email first, he got back to me pretty quick.

ACE
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Thank you so much.
I am not sure why these are so expensive.
An entire gaffed deck is less. Supply and demand I guess.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Quote:
On 2009-02-22 16:35, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
About the box, you can remove the wooden insert at the bottom. The bag then fits nicely in the box with the dvd's. The insert can go on your desk to hold mail, recipies in the kitchen, etc. if you wanted to do that.

Now that's what I call thinking inside the box!
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1390 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
Quote:
On 2009-02-22 13:25, Andi Peters wrote:

No, not if you put all the props in your show, then they should not be in a box.

ACE

Quote:
On 2009-02-22 18:55, slyhand wrote:
Thank you so much.
I am not sure why these are so expensive.
An entire gaffed deck is less. Supply and demand I guess.

I never even thought about price, in fact, when I did, I thought that was a pretty good price.
I ordered 5 packs of 10 so that's 50 cards, about a deck, for $25.00. That is what I usually pay for a special made deck from the gaffed card makers.

ACE

Posted: Feb 23, 2009 11:44pm
I really like Bro's Teaching method. I usually get bored easily, but his method is straighforwad and to the point! And I love the way they speed up the counting parts! Job well done!

ACE
smith83
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of smith83
Some places sell the refills from the previous version for anywhere from 5 to 10 bucks for ten. Does the TA project include shipping?
trickymagic
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of trickymagic
Sorry to be vague, but it just depends on who you order from. Some dealers offer specials on shipping, while others offer a special forum, for those people who bought from them... you'll have to research and decide which is best for you.
Ezekiel Jump
-carpe diem-
FZandura
View Profile
Loyal user
North Carolina
247 Posts

Profile of FZandura
Quote:
On 2009-02-24 00:11, whokebe wrote:
Some places sell the refills from the previous version for anywhere from 5 to 10 bucks for ten. Does the TA project include shipping?

No, TA charges shipping, however it still works out cheaper (especially if you are buying more than one set of refills)
F. Zandura
smith83
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of smith83
I was talking about refills, tricky. Your point is irrelevant.