The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: TA: True Astonishment by Paul Harris: Box Set: 9 DVDs + Props (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19..30..40..50..60..70~71~72 [Next]
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3082 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I have had the vibration issue as well
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Some of my disks vibrate and some don't. As far as the quality of the easter eggs goes, many of them were taken from older sources, so the quality is going to vary.

Robert
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5480 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
They vibrate and hum like crazy in one of my players, but less so in another. Glad to know it isn't just me.
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1353 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
I have over 200 Magic related DVDs, none of them has ever caused vibration issues as stated above.
I play them all on my Mac.

Hopefully all will be well when my set arrives, (why the heck did I choose USPS?)
After much soul searching about a signature, I decided not to have one.

TG Pop [aka ProfessorWhut]
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
I had some vibration on a few of the discs....also my disc 9 has a strange looking thing on the bottom side of the disc...

Nathan
trickymagic
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of trickymagic
Just checking to see if anyone else has had a shipping problem like mine. I ordered from TAP, "Priority (2-3 day shipping). I believe it was the middle option. NOt overnight, and not parcel. Anyways, I got the email that it was shipped Monday, and I still didn't have it as of the MAil Delivery on Saturday. (I Live in Kentucky). Depending on how you count days, that is 5 or 6 days. I emailed TAP and explained the problem after the mail ran on Saturday, and told them they need to complain to the USPS...

Any one else order Priority and not get it the appropriate time frame?

Very jealous of the rest of you...
Ezekiel Jump
-carpe diem-
deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1041 Posts

Profile of deputy
My discs vibrate as well but work. I use my xbox 360 or my laptop and they play fine, just make a little extra noise. A little noise is worth the material on this project IMHO
palmtreemagic!
View Profile
Loyal user
Everywhere and wherever
261 Posts

Profile of palmtreemagic!
Quote:
On 2009-02-08 10:52, trickymagic wrote:
Just checking to see if anyone else has had a shipping problem like mine. I ordered from TAP, "Priority (2-3 day shipping). I believe it was the middle option. NOt overnight, and not parcel. Anyways, I got the email that it was shipped Monday, and I still didn't have it as of the MAil Delivery on Saturday. (I Live in Kentucky). Depending on how you count days, that is 5 or 6 days. I emailed TAP and explained the problem after the mail ran on Saturday, and told them they need to complain to the USPS...

Any one else order Priority and not get it the appropriate time frame?

Very jealous of the rest of you...

Same situation, but mine shipped 2 Friday's ago, and my package was last recorded in Richmond, CA on February 4th.
Unleashing the moment of astonishment, one impromptu situation at a time.
denver
View Profile
New user
Jefferson, GA
66 Posts

Profile of denver
Tricky-

Yes, I'm in GA and same scenario. I'm really hoping it arrives monday or will get pretty worried it may be floating around the US somewhere.
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2052 Posts

Profile of Daren
To be honest I haven't really noticed the noise, just turn up the volume and voila you cannot hear the vibration, man I should release a dvd on this technique!
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2897 Posts

Profile of Tom G
From Murphy’s Magic
“We just discovered that a handful of True Astonishment DVD’s tend to vibrate when put into a player. This is a result of a once in a lifetime glitch in the DVD replication process. We are currently working out arrangements to replace any faulty disk with a new one.
We will post again as soon as we work out the details. Our deepest apologies to anyone who has this issue.
We are working as fast as possible to get everyone back to enjoying their True Astonishments experience.”
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2052 Posts

Profile of Daren
I may just be lucky then as mine do not vibrate, just a whirring noise which is the normal noise made from the DVD spinning

Posted: Feb 8, 2009 12:15pm
Was it just a small handful that made a vibrating noise then???
matthew90
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of matthew90
Tom G, where did you see that posted? So when this problem is fixed will we get new disks sent out to us?
Jason Messina
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of Jason Messina
Hi Guys,
If you have problems with discs vibrating, don't worry. We will replace them. If you ordered yours from The Astonishment Project, send me an email at jm@trueastonishments.com and I'll get right on it. If you ordered from somewhere else, your best bet is to contact your respective dealer. I'm not sure if we (the dealers and I) will be shipping directly or if the new ones will come straight from the dvd place.

Either way, please don't worry. We'll take care of everyone as soon as possible. And apologies from everyone here for any inconvenience this has caused.

Best,
Jason
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5480 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Thanks Jason! You're a class act. Smile

Any news on the forum?
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Class act Jason...

Nathan
matthew90
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of matthew90
Thanks Jason, I really appreciate it.
Jay Buchanan
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
512 Posts

Profile of Jay Buchanan
Jason is definitely... THE... man Smile
Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt. ~ Shakespeare
J.Robert
View Profile
Loyal user
Gettysburg, PA
240 Posts

Profile of J.Robert
I've only started to watch disc 3 (watching them in order, for now) and loved Cassanova Inc. I was wondering if this is the same thing you get if you were to buy the separate dvd "The Cassanova Concept"? Does anyone have that?
As far as the problems, I've been watching them on my Mac and disc 2 did cause the player to shut down twice, but no other issues. -J.R.
FZandura
View Profile
Loyal user
North Carolina
247 Posts

Profile of FZandura
There was a question awhile back on whether the TA discs were edited (bleeped)for language(like on the promo trail). The only response I remember seeing was that folks were so caught of in the discs that that hadn't noticed language/bleeps. Could someone please clarify if this language is present on the disc, or has it been edited/bleeped out? Thanks!
F. Zandura