The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tenyo of Japan :: Best Tenyo Effect Ever! (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
REV BILL
View Profile
Special user
Glen Burnie Maryland
759 Posts

Profile of REV BILL
I still use " Whats Next? dot card over 25 years.
Specializing in Family Entertainment,Gospel,Comedy and Educational programs for over 30 years.(Order of Merlin)
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
Quote:
On 2009-01-29 12:52, RicHeka wrote:
AH yes...the Zig-Zag Cigarette.I still have mine stored away.I think I remember that there was a 'proof' that the Cigarette was actually in three parts... that was discovered later.It had to do with[after the illusion was effected] sliding the mechanism back a bit.This allowed you to dump a 1/3 piece of the cigarette out.Cool!

Actually, the bit was to push the mechanism to the half way point and have someone initial the "middle" piece while the to dummy ends were still visible. Then a quick snap and the initialized piece would fuse with the two visible ends.

It's sort of shame no one smokes anymore...
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Yes,that's it.Thanks for reminding me of the initializing bit.That really enhanced the illusion.

I believe a golf pencil can be substituted for a cig.Let me know if I am wrong again. Smile
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Yes it can - or you can go to IKEA and use their pencils! AND they are "FREE" - well sort of but hteyy get a bit bed up if you visit twice in 30 minutes and walk out 2Kg heavier!.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Big fan of the anti gravity rock. I wish I had a desk so I can put it on it!
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Hey-Hey...I found my Tenyo Zig Zag this AM...all loaded and ready to go with a golf pencil!
I had forgotten what a nice little illusion this is.I do hope the JPS boys add this soon to the Elite line.Here is my thinking:

I found a site where you can purchase 5 gross [720] 'Personalized' golf pencils for the unbelievably reasonable price of $39.60 shipping included.Imagine performing the illusion and letting the guest mark the center piece with a sharpie,and the restoring it and letting them keep it![It has your contact information on it!].I believe they would keep it and show their friends.

There is only one little problem.Standard golf pencils are 3 1/2" long which is about 1/4" too long for the Original Tenyo Zig Zag.It took me about 10 seconds to cut off 1/4" with my Dremel tool so that obstacle can be overcome.
However,it would be nice if the Elite version of thr Zig Zag was made to accommodate the standard 3 1/2" golf pencil.
There is also one other modification I would like to suggest to the Elite Team if they decide to add the Zig Zag to the Elite line.Any guesses what that is? Smile

Happy trails.
Rich

Quote:
On 2009-01-30 01:13, Ustaad wrote:
For a 1-on-1 effect, I like the Blue Crystal.

Smile

Hello Narendra!How are you?It is nice to see you back adding your wisdom and knowledge again.

If you recommend the Blue Crystal that is good enough for me.I think this will be fun to play around with and perhaps bring it to another level...as I see you have done with you tips on the UK TenyoWorld site.
I really like your idea with gold or silver letters on the tiny plastic sheet.I happen to have the materials for this in my craft draw so I can't wait to try it!

Be wll my friend.
Rich
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
My mentor, Marv Taylor, used to use a dollar bill, which he would borrow.

I probably shouldn't have shared that...
magicgettogether
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
556 Posts

Profile of magicgettogether
The coins and mirror trick, I think it was called Eclipse
80 years in the making - Magic Get Together
Visit Abbotts Magic Online - Abbott Magic
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1781 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Diabolicus.
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
I loved the Salt Cups. I really like the way the gimmick is made and the plot of the trick. I wished it was built a little better.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6142 Posts

Profile of motown
Buglar ball without a doubt. Followed by Parabox.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
GERRIT
View Profile
New user
Fulda, Germany
50 Posts

Profile of GERRIT
The best Tenyo product? I also prefer the chrystal cleaver or diabolicus.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2009-02-01 07:29, RicHeka wrote:
Hello Narendra!How are you?It is nice to see you back adding your wisdom and knowledge again.

If you reccommend the Blue Crystal that is good enough for me.I think this will be fun to play around with and perhaps bring it to another level...as I see you have done with you tips on the UK TenyoWorld site.
I really like your idea with gold or silver letters on the tiny plastic sheet.I happen to have the materials for this in my craft draw so I can't wait to try it!

Be well my friend.
Rich

Dear Rich,

Thank you so much for the kind words. In the present circumstances it means a lot to me. Smile

You may also like to check THIS thread on the Blue Crystal.

Philemon Vanderbeck has come up with a great water droplet idea.

I now eagerly look forward to the Elite version of this wonderful illusion prop.

Take care my friend!

Best regards,

Narendra

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2675 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
Sqeeze Play as noted elsewhere. A wonderfully visual penetration that starts and ends clean. A wonderful piece of magic. Best,
Brad Burt
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Here is a little idea for using a golf pencil in the Zig Zag.Have the guest mark the 'center piece' with a 'dry erase marker'.Restore the pencil with the mark intact and after you display it whole again...just rub the mark away with your thumb.It's set to go again.

Rich
NurseRob
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, TX
469 Posts

Profile of NurseRob
Does anyone use the tiny rings for close up ring routine?
Ut imago est animi voltus sic indices oculi ~
The face is a picture of the mind as the eyes are its interpreter ~Cicero
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
846 Posts

Profile of oombob
Prison Box! ...love Prison Box.
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1744 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
Many years ago I had a great paddle trick called Mystic Ruby. Eventually one of the gems dropped out and it just didn't look the same after I glued it back in. I have a few other Tenyo effects but none I'd recommend.

Barry
xl18
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of xl18
Invisible Zone and Midas Machine are both great illusions.

I also like Billscape a lot. People are expecting one type of penetration trick and they get something completely different. There are also a lot of variations you can do with it.

My kids seem to love the Unusual Suspects and Telstar. I replaced the "stars" in Telestar with names of kids in my son's class. He asks someone to dial up one of his friends, saying that he needs to get his homework but he doesn't know how to dial one of these old-fashioned rotary phones. This is one of those tricks that can be repeated over and over again.
Connman1
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of Connman1
Invisible Zone was good