The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tenyo of Japan :: Best Tenyo Effect Ever! (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2334 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Quote:
On Sep 5, 2023, David Todd wrote:
I saw a video of Jeremy Pei performing it and his has a handle on it. I was wondering if there was a version made by Tenyo that has the handle or if Jeremy probably added that by soldering the handle on to the Tenyo prop ?

I heard back from Jeremy Pei: he said that he modified his by using a handle from a plastic cup (sawn off with a small hacksaw) which he spray painted with metallic paint and glued on to the Tenyo prop to make it look like a tea cup. I like his thinking to transform it from a "what is it?" prop to a common everyday item.

Not directly related to Tenyo's version of Lester Lake's 'Wa-Ter-Lu' , but I recall reading about a suggested presentation for the original 'Wa-Ter-Lu' can (and the current version called 'Atomic Water Vase') which is to wrap it in a tuna fish can label. So that is also an example of transforming a "what is it?" type of prop into a common everyday item.