The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tenyo of Japan :: Best Tenyo Effect Ever! (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5162 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
My vote is in...The Crystal Cleaver. There are hundreds of these delightful plastic miracles to choose from. What is your favorite?
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27302 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
The ring of symbols you cut with scissors and then show a prediction is a good example of an item going in the right direction IMHO.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
cardone
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of cardone
Enchanted Strings by Jeff Sheridan ... an elegant and thoughtful trick.
organicmagician
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
345 Posts

Profile of organicmagician
Quote:
On 2009-01-26 21:19, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
The ring of symbols you cut with scissors and then show a prediction is a good example of an item going in the right direction IMHO.

By far the best Tenyo trick, in my mind. Fortune Donut!
trey
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of trey
Tenyo 4 dimensional trunk.You can watch it on YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPImZmz3lnA&feature=related

Trey
dAvId tOnG
View Profile
New user
sInGaPoRe
98 Posts

Profile of dAvId tOnG
There are so many that it is impossible to list them all here! Two of their best, which are classics now and ripped off by many, are the Dynamic coins and Zig Zag Cigarette. I love their Parabox too! An ingenious modification of a classic effect.
Mysterioii
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Mysterioii
I got the Alpha Tunnel as a kid and thought it was great, and then on either the first or second day I had it I made the mistake of pulling the plastic plate out through the wrong side of the tunnel. If you're familiar with the effect you know that that would snap the flexible piece off the gimmick, which is exactly what it did. Smile I wish it had some sort of stop or something to tell you which side was which, cuz when the crosspiece was in the tunnel both sides looked the same... Oh well. For sentimental purposes I occasionally check for it on the usual auction site but they'll go for like $75.
Nala Nosmoht
View Profile
Special user
Surrey,B.C. Canada,
641 Posts

Profile of Nala Nosmoht
When I first got into magic almost 30 years ago , one of the first things I bought was Tenyo's (I think it was called) "The Travelling" or "Wandering Hole". To someone new to magic I thought it was amazing!
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
For me I still love the old effect 'Tricky Business' ('87 or so).
It magically prints your business card from blank card-stock.

I lost it years ago. Smile

*hint-hint*
benbv
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2448 Posts

Profile of benbv
Quote:
On 2009-01-26 21:07, Wizard of Oz wrote:
My vote is in...The Crystal Cleaver.

Agree with that!! I also love the red ball which penetrates through the clear plastic box (can't remember the name), it's so simple but so visual!!
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Quote:
On 2009-01-29 08:41, goldeneye007 wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-01-26 21:07, Wizard of Oz wrote:
My vote is in...The Crystal Cleaver.

Agree with that!! I also love the red ball which penetrates through the clear plastic box (can't remember the name), it's so simple but so visual!!

Burglar Ball!

I'll tell you that my very first visit to a magic shop was Browsers Den of Magic in Toronto, and I was like 8 years old or something, and one of the first tricks I bought outside of a cheap magic set, was the zig-zag cigarette. I always loved the seeing magicians do the zig-zag lady and now I had my own pocket version to show my friends! That trick inspired me as child and made me want to learn more! Tenyo's simple little trick is partly responsible for my involvement in magic today.

When I was in New York with Hiroshi Kondo signing the Tenyo Elite contract, Hiroshi brought out the actual very first zig-zag cigarette made of black and red plastic pieces held together with tape, and it worked! Wow! I got play, and and try out, this original prototype of the very first trick I ever owned, that was made by Hiroshi himself decades ago! As I was handling the prototype, all I could say was, wow I don't think too many other people get to see and play with this thing! And the coolest part was that it actually had a somewhat different method. It was experience I will never forget. So needless to say the zig-zag cigarette has always been a favourite of mine. P.S. I eventually did by a zig-zag lady!

You can see a picture of Jason holding the original zig-zag cigarette here:
http://www.tenyoelite.com/about-us.php
Just use the buttons below to scroll through the pages and the last page will show the prototype!

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
AH yes...the Zig-Zag Cigarette.I still have mine stored away.I think I remember that there was a 'proof' that the Cigarette was actually in three parts... that was discovered later.It had to do with[after the illusion was effected] sliding the mechanism back a bit.This allowed you to dump a 1/3 piece of the cigarette out.Cool!

Rich
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Rich on Hiroshi's prototype there was a U channel that slid out the length of the cigarette, and this had to be palmed or dumped after the trick was done but then could be handed out for examination, that was cool!

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
That sounds like a great feature Peter.If you select the ZZ cig as one of the future JPS release's,would you consider adding the U channel feature? Just curious.

Any idea when there will be a price listed for the Fortune Sticks?

I do look forward to these Elite versions.All the best to You,Jason,and Steve.

Rich
viler
View Profile
Regular user
Norway
186 Posts

Profile of viler
Bill Scape looks impressing.
Can't find it in any online stores I know of. Is it out of production?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7diC-pyPtE

V.
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4712 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Eye of the Idol.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
For a 1-on-1 effect, I like the Blue Crystal.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17418 Posts

Profile of joseph
I also like the Blue Crystal, and I have Impossible Zone, which is very good...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
1867 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
My favorite, which I used for years in my close-up act was 'Squeeze Play'. It was great, but somebody broke into our home and stole my close-up kit and I had to replace it. The second purchase had 'Squeeze Play' and 'Tenyo' inscribed all over it. It then looked more like a magic prop than just two pieces of plastic. I never performed it again. Lesson learned, I never have 'advertising' on my props. But I will never forget the gasps the original created. Great trick.
Coram Deo
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5480 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Tenyo fans will likely already have this bookmarked (and it may have been posted elsewhere) but for the rest of you, this should jog some memories...
Tenyo Complete List of Products