The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: SansMinds Magic :: Infinity Ring by Will Tsai and SM Productionz (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Silvio
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Silvio
Can the ring and chain be examined?
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2780 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On 2010-05-07 00:34, Silvio wrote:
Can the ring and chain be examined?

yes
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7576 Posts

Profile of RNK
This is absolutely beautiful. And the magic is very nice. Especially when it happens in the spectators hand or even when the spectator accomplishes the magic after you give them the patter about "letting go and when you able to fully let go of things that are stressing you in life, when you can do this (the ring drops and gets looped within the chain you can proceed to say) you can finally get a hold of the situations in your life". The really WOWS the spectators. But the previous posts are right- it really makes the trick when you have a good story behind it, and the one that comes with it is a GREAT start- either to use it or to start developing your own. But I must say, even without a good story, the magic that happens is pretty amazing! Not to mention the Ring is AWESOME looking. I highly recommend this. I was on the fence about spending $80.00, but I am very pleased that I did, especially for the reactions I am getting with it. And to have everything FULLY examinable- that's awesome! And- you can even use someone elses necklace- as long as it is not to rigid or thick.

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Will Tsai
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of Will Tsai
Glad you enjoy it RNK. The beauty of this effect is the script and presentation correspond with the effect seamlessly, associating the audience's personal experience/situation in life with the visual and in-their-hand type of sensation. I am proud of this one and have been using it for years with amazing result. Hope it'd serve you the same. I just posted a trial clip on Infinity Ring 2.0 to share with the fellows on the Café', which has some interesting takes on reversing and furthering the effect under the same context of presentation. It's not available to the public yet and the clip will probably be taken off soon. But definitely take a look. Smile

Best wishes,
Will
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On 2009-01-13 08:52, Krazyjay wrote:
Is this what Infinity Ring will look like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=835YXKzS06Q

I don't get it??? This is the same trick, a very old one that I've been doing since a kid, got it in one of those old Christmas Stockings with a bunch of magic tricks in it...a chain and ring. I've seen several vids like the one above of people doing it over the years. I know this one is made out of better material but...I don't know, I don't get it, it looks basically like the same thing to me??? I mean, is the biggest point here that it has a supplied "patter?" Or is it like the old plastic tricks (i.e., Ball & Vase) now offered as collector's items made of gold-like heavy metal? Just asking?

But I see people seem to enjoy it regardless and that's about the biggest thing to it, so good luck with it. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
mwmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of mwmagic
I stumbled across this thread and agree with Mb. A 1mm ball chain plus a 1 buck steel ring is better value. The correct presentation is more important than diamonds on the ring. For those who have bought this and enjoy the beauty, ownership and performance, well done to you and hope you continue to enjoy.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7576 Posts

Profile of RNK
I was on the fence about the price tag to, but now when I perform with this, the beauty of the prop really opens the eyes of the spectator and you can just see the excitement in their eyes when I go into the patter about life and how things always come to a full circle- and when you are going through life on a smooth road (as I gesture around the circle) then you hit some bumps in the road (the crystals) and then I say- but Boy- if I could encounter bumps like these (the crystals) all the time- life might not be so tough! The beauty of the prop opens up a wider range for patter topic. But- you guys are right- it is expensive for the actual effect- but man- its so elegant looking!

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I see the Infinity Ring sold at some online magic shops but none say that it is the Infinity Ring 2.0. Where is that one sold?

MB - Sounds like you haven't bothered to read the whole thread. You'd get a better impression of the device.

Thanks!

Jim
mwmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of mwmagic
Loual4
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
670 Posts

Profile of Loual4
Correct me if I am wrong, but this is exactly the same effect as "chained" by Ickle Pickle, right? Only difference is that "Chained" has been arround for ever, and sells for 7.50$...
http://themagicwarehouse.com/SP2688/Chai......kle.html
AaronishMagic
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of AaronishMagic
I've picked up a few off those rings off ebay as backups. It's just horrible rip-offs. Couldn't stand the quality and it went straight into my daughter's toy box along with the rip-off d-lites.

I've bought Infinity Ring from day one and absolutely love it. The quality is second to none and most importantly, the presentation takes the scope of the effect into another level. From the reaction I have been getting from performing it, it makes me re-evaluate the material I perform. It's still a regular effect I go to when I work. A beautiful piece of magic that will earn friendships and bookings! Worth every penny in my opinion.

Aaron
Loual4
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
670 Posts

Profile of Loual4
To be a rip-off, it has to be a copy. In the casse of "Chained", it was on the marked MANY years before infinity ring came to exist. As a matter of fact, I remember being taught that effect when I was about ten years old. The magician who had showed me the effect back then was already "older than dirt", so I even bet that this exact effect has been arround for longer than I have been alive... The same can certainly not be said about "infinity ring". So when talking about rip-offs, we have to be carefull here. I have looked at the promotional video, and I am sorry to say that I have not seen anything new... For 80$, I hope the bling is REALLY nice! Because the effect certainly is not new.
atinczor
View Profile
Regular user
New York / Istanbul
112 Posts

Profile of atinczor
I have just received the Infinity Ring.
The ring is very well made and is very elegant. It is well worth the $80 IMHO. Yes, I know the trick is very old. But IMO, the design and the quality of the ring makes a big difference as far as the layman's perception is concerned. The patter that comes with the IR is very nice to start with. It gives you ideas to create your own patter. The package includes the ring, a practice chain, and the warranty card. Even though the chain supplied is good for practicing and for daily use, I would recommend a chain that is made of either silver or steel. It will make you feel better when performing and adds to to the strength of the routine IMHO.

You can PM me if you have any questions.

Best,

Atinc ZOR
Loual4
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
670 Posts

Profile of Loual4
Quote:
On 2010-12-23 09:10, atinczor wrote:
I have just received the Infinity Ring.
The ring is very well made and is very elegant. It is well worth the $80 IMHO. Yes, I know the trick is very old. But IMO, the design and the quality of the ring makes a big difference as far as the layman's perception is concerned. The patter that comes with the IR is very nice to start with. It gives you ideas to create your own patter. The package includes the ring, a practice chain, and the warranty card. Even though the chain supplied is good for practicing and for daily use, I would recommend a chain that is made of either silver or steel. It will make you feel better when performing and adds to to the strength of the routine IMHO. ...

That is actually a very good comment! Thanks for the information about the quality of the product!

Louis
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I don’t think there is a strong interest in marketing The Infinity Ring. I didn't see any links to the site selling this. Then supposedly a 2.0 version was coming out and I never did hear any more about that. (Not available on the creator's web site). And finally I also read here that The Infinity Ring was sold for $120 with a higher quality chain, but if it is then they sure are hiding them! I don’t see any such item anywhere at all.

What is the deal? Is there indeed an Infinity Ring 2.0? And is there an Infinity Ring with an upgraded chain?

Thank you.

Jim
Loual4
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
670 Posts

Profile of Loual4
This is going to be a very tough sell in a very small market. I wish him a lot of luck, but essentially, from what I gather, what is being sold here is in great part jewelry... along with an old illusion with potentially new finesses to the moves... Like I said, tough sell in a small market...

Louis
G.
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of G.
As a close friend to Will, from my understanding, this was release to set a record of Will's work. Although the set was never created with the intention to be marketed. It has been sold out for the past year. Many companies had contacted SM Productionz regarding the availability of the product. But it had always been sold out from their retail in the past year. Even Murphys had a very limited supplies and they were out in no time after having received it.

I've had the privilege of working with Will and am lucky enough to call him a friend over the past 6-7 years. His mind is pure gold and has constantly inspired me and my work. I can't recall how many times I've seen him turning a simple idea into an unbelievable personal experience for his audience. Infinity Ring is a great example of his work. The superior quality aside, the structure of the presentation in combination of the effect itself is something worth all serious mentalism students to study. The thinking behind this effect has influenced me on how I want to create the process and experience for my audience many years ago.

If you are looking for the next cool trick for your drawer collection like many, you probably won't find this worth your while. But if you want to create a unique experience for your audience and client, I highly recommend the set!

Just my two cents.

Best,
G.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2010-12-31 05:59, G. wrote:

I've had the privilege of working with Will and am lucky enough to call him a friend over the past 6-7 years.

* His mind is pure gold and has constantly inspired me and my work. I can't recall how many times I've seen him turning a simple idea into an unbelievable personal experience for his audience.

* Infinity Ring is a great example of his work. The superior quality aside, the structure of the presentation in combination of the effect itself is something worth all serious mentalism students to study.

* The thinking behind this effect has influenced me on how I want to create the process and experience for my audience many years ago.

If you are looking for the next cool trick for your drawer collection like many, you probably won't find this worth your while. But if you want to create a unique experience for your audience and client, I highly recommend the set!

G.: I totally agree with your opinion. Very well said.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
G, nice comments. Do you know about any of the questions I posted in my post right above yours? I can't seem to find the Infinity Ring 2.0 anywhere - even the ring shown on Will's site is the original version. Also, can I swap out the chain on this with a different one? There was supposedly a Deluxe version with an upgraded chain available but I haven't seen that anywhere either.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Jim
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2011-01-20 00:17, J-Mac wrote:

1. I can't seem to find the Infinity Ring 2.0 anywhere

2. - even the ring shown on Will's site is the original version.

1. Infinity Ring 2.0

2. THIS might answer your query. (Please read WillieT.'s reply to Takeachance)

Quote:
On 2011-01-20 00:17, J-Mac wrote:

Also, can I swap out the chain on this with a different one?

Yes, provided the chain is reasonably flexible and of the appropriate length. You might like to check THIS out. Smile

And

Happy THINKING !!! Smile Smile

Smile
P.S. Over to G./ WillieT. Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.