The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: SansMinds Magic :: Infinity Ring by Will Tsai and SM Productionz (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
Quote:
On 2008-12-18 09:52, Paul Gross wrote:
Hello,

DVLKCC said:
Infinity ring seems to be an Ellis/Gemini ring made to look like a finger ring. I can only imagine it has been done before (Joe Porper's wedding band ala Ellis).

The Infinity Ring is not the same as an Ellis or Gemini Ring. It is not a finger ring. The effect/routine is completely different.

Sean Waters is right on the money with his posts above. Thanks Sean.

Best regards
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus

It was my pleasure, Paul.

With regards,

Sean
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1489 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Still don't know how it looks like.

I will pass.
Mike Giusti
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of Mike Giusti
I may seem biased to most here since I work at Hocus Pocus, but I love the Infinity Ring. Paul and I are having so much fun with it that every time we get a free moment, we are showing it to people who walk into the shop and to each other. We only received 24 and have sold half of them already.

The Infinity Ring itself is gorgeous and has a lifetime guarantee. This is one of the reasons I purchased it and am reviewing it on the newest Trick Talk MagiCast, which should be completed sometime today. If the style of the ring doesn't fit you, I understand your reasons, but I can promise you that if you simply wear this around your neck, you're going to get asked about it and boom -- you're off to the races.

The actual method is an older method that many either have forgotten about or have never seen, but is so much fun to perform that when the ring links onto the chain, the reactions are fantastic.

And yes, I'm wearing it right now.
AaronishMagic
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of AaronishMagic
I own a few products from Will Tsai and they are all of high quality and unique in its effect. This one will surely be another winner! I have placed my order and can't wait to receive it... Will let you guys know what happens when I received mine.

Aaron
Aaronish Magic
Paul Gross
View Profile
Special user
574 Posts

Profile of Paul Gross
Hello Aaron,

Your going to love when you get it. I read the instructions and had it mastered in 5 min. This is something that you'll carry with you and perform all the times. Like Mike said above we both have had a great time showing it off to visitors at the shop today.

Best regards
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
Best Regards,

Paul Gross

Owner

http://www.hocus-pocus.com
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I don't have the Infinity Ring, but have been looking at the ad on Hocus-Pocus and
reading the posts here.

I have just some thoughts.

I don't see it as looking like woman's jewelry and Mike Giusti, who looks like a fairly tough guy, wears it around his neck, I think that shows it's not an issue.

But if you feel that you couldn't wear it and the effect is something you think would be "A' material, you could fit your patter around that.

Based on the effect "in an blink of an eye, the pendant links into the necklace in midair from the spectator's very hand"

You could remove it from a leather pouch, or small jewelry box of some sort and tell the story that this was your grandmothers given to her by your grandfather. "Their two hearts, like this pendant an necklace, could never be separated, through all eternity".

More and more, I find audiences enjoy magic with emotional hooks.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1489 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
What I see from the picture add is a ring tied , NOT linked like a linking ring.

Am I correct ???

Click here to view attached image.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2253 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
I think I understand how this works now. If someone can tell me if this concept can be found in the Klutz Book of Magic, I can tell them that I know exactly what this is. I can see how the jewelry is made to make this self working and it seems like it was a very clever idea. I still won`t buy it though.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3786 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Quote:
On 2008-12-19 09:46, RIVARDJLR wrote:
What I see from the picture add is a ring tied , NOT linked like a linking ring.

Am I correct ???

I asked HP the same question and was told that the chain looked wrapped around or tied as in the photo. Perhaps Mike from HP or Paul could come back and comfirm this. If so it may be a nice presentation.
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1489 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Quote:
On 2008-12-19 17:58, takeachance wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-12-19 09:46, RIVARDJLR wrote:

Am I correct ???

I asked HP the same question and was told that the chain looked wrapped around or tied as in the photo. Perhaps Mike from HP or Paul could come back and comfirm this. If so it may be a nice presentation.

Thanks for information.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2253 Posts

If it works how I think it works (and I'm almost 99.9% sure I know how it works now that someone pointed out the obvious that the image was of the ring tied onto the chain) then I don't find it very magical at all. Just a fairly impressive stunt.
AaronishMagic
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of AaronishMagic
Can anyone clarify if it can be done 'in spectator's hands' ?

Aaron
Aaronish Magic
Paul Gross
View Profile
Special user
574 Posts

Profile of Paul Gross
Hello Aaron,

Yes this can be done in the spectators hands.

Best regards
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
Best Regards,

Paul Gross

Owner

PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2253 Posts

The original was a sleight of hand thing but now this guy's come up with a way to gimmick a ring so that it's perfectly weighted so that a spectator can accomplish this without knowing the precise way to toss the ring. I think it's clever but nothing I'd be amazed over. The description definitely makes it sound more magical/impossible than it really is. Technically a demo video would wouldn't lessen sales since it's the jewelry that does it all on its own. Sure they might understand the concept by watching the demo but they still have to buy the product to be able to accomplish it the way the Infinity Ring accomplishes this effect.
Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
781 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
I believe that this is an upscale version of the harness ring on the circle of ball chain. You can see this at every convention selling for about $10. The ad states this
is a ring and rope move.
It is for you to decide if the aesthetics
are worth the price difference. Glenn
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Paul Gross wrote me asking if I'd like to see this. Not strings attached ( I've known Paul a number of years ). Well, I already had a routine, without having seen it, so I said OK.

So it arrived in two days somehow. It's about the size of a silver dollar. I never look at instructions when I first get something and was looking to over and then remembered that effect with the ring and chain. That one, while clever, I never met anyone that could do it 100%.

Well, it's been 10 or more years since I held the old effect, but I nailed Infinity Ring on the first try.

I got out a pad and, I hit 29 out of 29 times. I then read the detailed instructions and they do in fact tell of the history and give detailed instructions, presentations, cold reading ideas, tips, etc.

I got a few packages today and I had this out and my girl thought my Mom sent it to me. I put it on and asked her what she thought. She thought it looked like rapper bling.

So I said, it was my grandmother's. I then went into my routine. I may give the full details later, but in essence, I first let the ring fall and I catch it. The second time, according to my routine and with her help, I trusted her power of faith and belief and kept my hand away. It was all on her to make it work and not fall to the ground and break ( quite a bit of drama here ).

I let it go, the ring fell and...attached to the chain.

She gasped. I tugged on the ring and told her this is really attached. I had her unclasp the necklace and un-thread it.

She examined it and looked at me and of course asked me was I messing with her and this was a trick. I confessed a friend that owned a magic shop sent it and told her that there is no gimmick.

I did the routine again and this time, I let her drop the ring. Perfect. So, you can let them drop the ring. Would they be 100%? Hmmm. Since I let them hold the chain, I think they are already involved enough and with my routine, they actually are doing the magic.

I then let her in on it and she came up with perhaps a better routine than I had and wants to do it for her Mom on Christmas eve.

OK, so, the gold, so to speak, of this is that it's dead accurate. If you do exactly as is explained, it works every time. They must have solved the proper weight/balance issue that the brass type rings made it hit or miss ( maybe not for everyone, but anyone I knew ).

With the proper routine ( I believe one that has an emotional hook as I think tricks or puzzles ruin it ) you have a winner.

My girls comment about the bling got us thinking and she suggested just carrying it in the jewelry case it comes with and telling the same grandmother story I told her.

I like that, but I sure would rather wear it because it will get commented on. I'll have to see about that issue.

I "think" you could even use it as a pendulum if you enjoy that type of magic.

Here it is. You decide if it's something you'll use.

http://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/?product=11099
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3786 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Could you have it engraved with ancient text of some kind so it didn't look link bling?
AaronishMagic
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of AaronishMagic
Just back home from my show and I feel that I have the urge to leave a review here before I go to bed. The package arrived my place a few hours before I was about to head out for my show, WOW, the first magic product ever WOW me in terms of the product quality and overall packaging (have you ever seen 'quality' in magic product packages before? ), before going into the trick, I already found my money's worth, but that's all beside the core question. So how was trick itself?

Everything in the advertisement is found to be legit. Everything is done without any 'moves' and happens all in spectator's hand. The instruction was very detailed and straight forward. Took me 5 minutes to master it and even bang on the first time trying it. That was very visual even for myself. Why did they not put up a demo video?!

The instruction contains all moves and useful displays, a mentalism presentation, a cold reading starter's section for beginners, etc... Although the presentation given is not my style, but I think it's really worth a read and will play very well with the premise given from the necklace.

I found this worth my investment for what I have received, until I decided to wear it on my neck before going to my show...

WOW, this thing is incredible!!! I didn't expect such great reactions. And YES, people asked about the necklace to get you do it. I was only hoping to try the new toy out for a few times but ended up doing for the whole night and it rocked the room. I first did the effect without really going into presentation, and it was already great because people were looking close to it with everything in their own hands, but they had no idea how it happened. After I realized this is far beyond what I thought it was, I tried to work out the presentation with what I remember from the cold reading instruction. At the end of the night, I performed the trick to the wife of one of the VIPs with simple readings and bits of encouragement. The reaction was huge and wrapped up the show nicely.

On my way back home while driving, I received a call from that VIP and asked if I would be able to make it to their next event..... INCREDIBLE!! And that's what makes me feel this urge to leave this review at almost 4 o'clock in the morning!! I never realized such a simple effect can play that strong.

I am trying to give this review as fair as I could, but I am just still very excited from what I had been through from my show today.

I re-read my post and found it to be a bit cheesy, but this is not an ad, I am not paid to leave ads at 4 o'clock in the morning. I am just a very happy customer that's very excited about what I have received for my investment, and sharing my experience with all.

I am already looking forward to this guy's future release!

Aaronish Magic
Aaron
Okami
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
157 Posts

Profile of Okami
What material is the set made of? Will it oxidize?
Paul Gross
View Profile
Special user
574 Posts

Profile of Paul Gross
Hello Okami,

The Infinity Ring will not tarnish or oxidize.

Best regards
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
Best Regards,

Paul Gross

Owner