The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: SansMinds Magic :: Infinity Ring by Will Tsai and SM Productionz (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1489 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
I have seen this item sold at Hocus Pocus website .

Anybody saw that in action ???

Infinity Ring by Will Tsai and SM Productionz

Just in time for Christmas, the Infinity Ring has arrived from Will Tsai's Jewelry Magic Series! When a piece of jewelry is specially manufactured in Japan with Swarovski diamonds, you know this is going to be a must-have elegant effect!

In the middle of your conversation you are asked to demonstrate something interesting but you do not want to bring out your deck of card and other stereotypical 'tools' of a magician. Instead you decided to demonstrate the power of belief to your clients using your necklace... Both the diamond pendant and the necklace are separated for the clients to handle AND held by the spectator at all time. Yes, you do not touch them at all throughout the entire effect!

You patter about how impossibilities can be overcome with the power of mind. If one can believe oneself and insist on believing until the very last moment, everything in life will eventually fall into place when the time comes.

In an blink of an eye, the pendant links into the necklace in midair from the spectator's very hand. With some basic skill of cold reading, we guarantee this can be one of the best investments for a serious performer in life. What does a tasteful prop, meaningful presentation, and opportunities for you to really know and get close to your VIP clients worth? Priceless!

A twist from the classic brass ring and rope trick, but so much better! It comes with a special designed piece of jewelry, but it doesn’t just stop there! The package comes with complete instructions and not just the method, also the psychology behind the handling, advance handling, complete hands-off presentation, etc. EVERYTHING that made this effect one of Will Tsai's signature pieces for his VIP clients is here and nothing is left out.

Everything is examinable and happens from spectators’ own hands.

The Infinity is designed into specific weight and material to not only allow the effect to happen with no effort, it will serve you as a piece of jewelry that builds your business and lasts you a lifetime.

The Infinity Ring comes with a lifetime warranty.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2253 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Looks like women`s jewelry. That`s my issue with this item. Also, if it`s so visual there should be a demo video. It`s quite hard to visualize what happens just by reading the description.
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1489 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Your comments are pretty right , Patrick !
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
I agree. I am interested in the effect but that looks like something my girlfriend would buy at Tiffany's. And a demo is definitely needed here before I would part with any $$$.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Guy's actually wear jewlery like that. To be quite honest, the reason I'm actually interested in this item is for the fact that the jewlery is actually wearable (I like the Relic and all but seriously, not's not something one would really want to wear without looking a bit hokish, but the new version that uses the smaller coin is much better). Jay Sankey was right in Firestarters, male magicians should really read up on fashion Smile Now, the jewlery is very nice but what I want to know is how the effect end of it holds up.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2253 Posts

So far it's three against one (against as in who thinks it's men's jewelry vs who doesn't) that think it's not men's jewelry and it's always the majority who decide what the norm is therefore I don't care what you or Sankey think about men's fashion. Most people who will see you wearing such a necklace will think you're gay. No offense. We're still human beings quite aware of the world around us. We aren't blind or dumb. Besides, we said it LOOKS like women's jewelry, we never said it wasn't men's. I wouldn't be caught dead wearing that thing.

On the other hand, it might be a really nice prop to have if you have a story around it (you don't wear it, you have it in a little jewelry bag or something and you take it out) and so it doesn't seem like you bought it for yourself to wear, it has a history and it belonged to someone else. I still won't buy it because it's expensive for something I have no clue what it looks like. Unless it's UBER-VISUAL, I ain't buying.
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
Quote:
On 2008-12-17 15:28, kissdadookie wrote:
Guy's actually wear jewlery like that. To be quite honest, the reason I'm actually interested in this item is for the fact that the jewlery is actually wearable (I like the Relic and all but seriously, not's not something one would really want to wear without looking a bit hokish, but the new version that uses the smaller coin is much better). Jay Sankey was right in Firestarters, male magicians should really read up on fashion Smile Now, the jewlery is very nice but what I want to know is how the effect end of it holds up.

I suppose we all have our individual tastes... All I know is that in Australia, if you walk around with a faux diamond encrusted ring around your neck - someone is gonna hassle you about it. I'd much prefer the Relic around my neck - remember it's not the item but the story behind it. And I can't think of any feasible patter for this effect.

And no offense but I think it's funny you quoted Jay on that. I love Jay to bits, but I think he should heed his own advice! I mean the revelations shirt? Goodness me... It's an assault on my eyeballs!

Luke
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Hmmm... I picture Crocodile Dundee wearing this. Smile
Magic is a vanishing art.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10963 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Is there a demo avaliable I would love to see this in action
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2253 Posts

There's no demo video, that's one of the issues we have with this product.
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
I am guessing here... but I have used this method quite a number of times.

It is a very counter-intuitive thing. I think what is being offered here is a nicer set of items to perform this with. What happens is pretty cool and requires slight practice. I do not think you will see a demo of this, for methodology reasons.

This looks like a very nice set and if you have never seen the method used, it will be facinating to watch. It was for me. I have used this as an analogy for things that seem impossible (but aren't). It was served me well in that regard.

If the style of "wares" suit you, and you don't know the method, it will be very interesting. Keep in mind, "method mavens", very little in the world of magic is real or new. This seems a convenient and usable application of this idea.

I like that the ad mentions the "psychology" of using this, and rightly so. I have carefully thought through that for myself. This is an essential element of using this method. This looks nice.

(With all respect, please do not PM me asking about this method. I have carefully worded everything I have said to not reveal a method, but to provide information requested.)

With regards,

Sean
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2253 Posts

If everything happens in their hands, I don't see how there can be any methodology... That's why we want a demo. The description is not clear. I'm not asking anything more of you Waters, I'm just saying it doesn't make much sense.
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
Everything can happen in their hands.

Sean
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10963 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Prove it by putting up a demo
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
It's not my effect. Please understand, I have not seen this product, nor am I endorsing it. Like all effects, there is a compromise.

Let me put it this way: If you had not read the description or any claims in an ad, but you had just witnessed this at a local magic shop, this would be cool. However, I think having to read the conditions and then work backwards makes this harder. It's like listening to a joke and liking the punch-line. However knowing the punchline and listening to the build-up is never as impressive.

I would describe this as a puzzling effect. I would say the "frame" for which this is done, is at least as important as the feat itself.

Sean
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1050 Posts

Profile of tdowell
Quote:
On 2008-12-16 12:27, RIVARDJLR wrote:
When a piece of jewelry is specially manufactured in Japan with Swarovski diamonds, you know this is going to be a must-have elegant effect!

I have never heard of Swarovski diamonds. Only Swarovski crystals.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Infinity ring seems to be an Ellis/Gemini ring made to look like a finger ring. I can only imagine it has been done before (Joe Porper's wedding band ala Ellis).
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
Proxy
View Profile
Veteran user
336 Posts

Profile of Proxy
Quote:
On 2008-12-17 19:40, shield wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-12-17 15:28, kissdadookie wrote:

I suppose we all have our individual tastes... All I know is that in Australia, if you walk around with a faux diamond encrusted ring around your neck - someone is gonna hassle you about it. I'd much prefer the Relic around my neck - remember it's not the item but the story behind it. And I can't think of any feasible patter for this effect.

And no offense but I think it's funny you quoted Jay on that. I love Jay to bits, but I think he should heed his own advice! I mean the revelations shirt? Goodness me... It's an assault on my eyeballs!

Luke

I thought Sankey's revelation shirt was a joke such as his Muncing routine. But it isn't??! Ok, then that should be against the law.
Paul Gross
View Profile
Special user
574 Posts

Profile of Paul Gross
Hello,

DVLKCC said:
Infinity ring seems to be an Ellis/Gemini ring made to look like a finger ring. I can only imagine it has been done before (Joe Porper's wedding band ala Ellis).

The Infinity Ring is not the same as an Ellis or Gemini Ring. It is not a finger ring. The effect/routine is completely different.

Sean Waters is right on the money with his posts above. Thanks Sean.

Best regards
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
Best Regards,

Paul Gross

Owner

http://www.hocus-pocus.com
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2008-12-18 09:52, Paul Gross wrote:

The Infinity Ring is not the same as an Ellis or Gemini Ring. It is not a finger ring. The effect/routine is completely different.

Ad copy isn't very clear. I assumed it meant diamond ring. Apologies.

Best,

Doug
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary