The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Table hoppers & party strollers :: Sponge Bunnies Adult Patter (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
A Long time ago someone one here sent me there patter for there Sponge Bunnies routine. I just added the effect again and for got the routine. Can anyone help with some advice about adult patter to this effect. I remember the catch phrase was "Going to Town"
Natanel
View Profile
Special user
739 Posts

Profile of Natanel
Yeah. Don't do a magic trick with fuzzy little bright-colored animals for adults.
People who work for Theory 11: Do you want a young guy without a stupid gelled haircut or eurotrash jeans for your videos? PM me.
Magic_Steve
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1476 Posts

Profile of Magic_Steve
Quote:
On 2008-10-26 20:00, Natanel wrote:
Yeah. Don't do a magic trick with fuzzy little bright-colored animals for adults.

Are you saying don't do sponge bunnies for adults??? ARE YOU NUTS?!?!?!?!?

Sponge bunnies kill ALL AUDIENCES!!! Regardless of age, sex, race, blah blah blah, the bunnies rock!!! Smile
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2008-10-26 20:35, Magic_Steve wrote:
Quote:

Sponge bunnies kill ALL AUDIENCES!!! Regardless of age, sex, race, blah blah blah, the bunnies rock!!! Smile

Steve, don't mean to step on your toes. But every magician is not the same. I can understand if you like doing it, but some magicians do not.
JustinVisible
View Profile
Elite user
South Jersey/Philadelphia Areas
453 Posts

Profile of JustinVisible
Quote:
On 2008-10-26 18:58, paisa23 wrote:
A Long time ago someone one here sent me there patter for there Sponge Bunnies routine. I just added the effect again and for got the routine. Can anyone help with some advice about adult patter to this effect. I remember the catch phrase was "Going to Town"

paisa23 - I don't know the exact patter you are talking about and how edgy or blue that it teeters on for adults BUT if you are interested, I will share my audience tested adult sponge bunny patter. Just shoot me a PM and I'll help you out.....

Cheers,

Justin
"If they laugh, it's funny..."
Magic_Steve
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1476 Posts

Profile of Magic_Steve
Quote:
Steve, don't mean to step on your toes. But every magician is not the same. I can understand if you like doing it, but some magicians do not.

I understand that, but for Natanel to say not to do sponge bunnies, as if it's definitive is just ridiculous. I was simply posting because sponge bunnies friggin' rock. ALL AUDIENCES LOVE THEM!! I'm sure many more will agree with me on that one.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I like sponge balls as well but I wanted an adult version of that as well. Ding dong is to big to carry around. But trust me Everyone my age group 22 to 35 love the bunnies, especially if you make it about how Bunnies Procreate. Im in the Airforce and work with a bunch of guys who love that stuff.
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1697 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Quote:
On 2008-10-26 20:35, Magic_Steve wrote:
Quote:

What he said.

It's been said before : Sponge Bunnies is the trick that is only done by rank amateurs and hardcore professionals. I think Ammar called it one of the strongest closeup tricks ever, and he's 100% right.
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Rich Marotta have a touch for adults in his walkaround dvd!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Quote:
On 2008-10-26 22:53, Hansel wrote:
Rich Marotta have a touch for adults in his walkaround dvd!

Can you get me a link to this? I love his routines
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
Sazalfram
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of Sazalfram
Quote:
On 2008-10-26 20:54, Magic_Steve wrote:
Quote:

I understand that, but for Natanel to say not to do sponge bunnies, as if it's definitive is just ridiculous. I was simply posting because sponge bunnies friggin' rock. ALL AUDIENCES LOVE THEM!! I'm sure many more will agree with me on that one.

Sponge bunnies or balls are a solid close up effect for adults and children. I suggest any worker getting a good sponge routine. Its a great diversion from cards and coins.
Barry Donovan
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of Barry Donovan
I do sponge bunnies for female adults and it really does kill
guys prefere a good card effect that can really baffle them but the bunnies get everyone laughing, screaming as they hop out and let the rest of the function know your there really!
I held back from bunnies for to long thinking there to simple/cheesy but give them a go, you'll be suprised
when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth
paymerich
View Profile
Special user
Norwalk, CT
546 Posts

Profile of paymerich
THe bunnies rock and if you can do a total vanish at end with a dad or guy at table for kids/girl it blows the table away. Guys like being in on the action and they are more receptive to anything to come after the bunnies.
Have a Magical Day!
<BR>
<BR>The Maniacal Mage
<BR>
<BR>Pablo Aymerich
<BR>Norwalk, CT 06851
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2008-10-26 20:54, Magic_Steve wrote:
I understand that, but for Natanel to say not to do sponge bunnies, as if it's definitive is just ridiculous.

It is not ridiculous to him. That is why he posted it. Some magicians will say doing the matrix on a table rocks. Some will not because they think it is rude by being in the way.

Quote:
I was simply posting because sponge bunnies friggin' rock. ALL AUDIENCES LOVE THEM!!

Not all audiences love them because it depends on the way it was performed. Not all magicians are in a high level with Sponge Bunnies. Some magicians do not like using the bunnies, but the balls instead. The magician might have a better performance with "Cigarette Thru Quarter" instead.

Quote:
I'm sure many more will agree with me on that one.

I perform Sponge Bunnies too. That is my favorite close-up effect. But not to all magicians. Just because we love doing it does not mean everyone magician must do it.
Natanel
View Profile
Special user
739 Posts

Profile of Natanel
Haha. I knew many will disagree with me. Sponge-anything tends to deeply offend my aesthetic sensibilities, but I will concede that the right performer can probably get great mileage out of a a sponge-related effect.

Still I would encourage everyone to make sure that one of the least elegant effects in all of magic (and that is truly saying something) fits their performance character perfectly, because their are many alternate effects out there.
People who work for Theory 11: Do you want a young guy without a stupid gelled haircut or eurotrash jeans for your videos? PM me.
Eddie Torres
View Profile
Special user
New York City
692 Posts

Profile of Eddie Torres
Elegance isn't a matter of what you use but in what manner you use what you have. Some of the most elegant performers in the world use sponge objects, one simply has to be creative enough to fit it to what you do. That doesn't mean coming up with some excuse as to why you have what you have. Honestly, people don't care. They know you're a magician and they know you have odd objects on you, you don't have to give some intricate reasoning as to why you have a sponge item. You're a magician, that's why you have it.

Eddie
Eddie Ivan Torres
Magic_Steve
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1476 Posts

Profile of Magic_Steve
Eric Henning once performed sponge bunnies at the White House. He's the only magician to have ever been invited back. If the White House, which is a black tie affair, isn't considered elegant, I don't know what is.

Quote:
On 2008-10-27 10:13, Dynamike wrote:
It is not ridiculous to him. That is why he posted it. Some magicians will say doing the matrix on a table rocks. Some will not because they think it is rude by being in the way.

Mike, once again you're failing to understand what I'm saying, but at the same time you're proving my point. It IS ridiculous for him to say so definitively not to do sponge bunnies. That's his opinion, but how he originally posted, it made it sound like sponge bunnies were the worst thing in the world for adults. Which really, I think it's one of the best tricks to perform, in any environment. At the end of the day, elegant setting or not, people are people. Sponge bunnies can get reactions from everyone.
Barry Donovan
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of Barry Donovan
Just checked your website steve, very good stuff

only thing is I used to look at your avatar and think poor kid if he looks like that...but you really do look like that!
in a nice way though

hows this new gig working out for you?
when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth
Barry Donovan
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of Barry Donovan
Its kinda like that with me at work (prison officer)

imagine someone with a much lower mental age throwing a bucket or faeces mixed with urine at ya! what do you do!

I leg it like a nutter

(nothing to do with magic or this thread just thought id share it) but those cons love the sponge bunnies! I tried it on them!