The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Let there be magic! :: I invented a trick... Now what? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
vinh31
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of vinh31
Hi guys,

Just a few words.
You can't patent an idea.
You can't copyright an idea.

Once someone has seen your trick, your book or your DVD, it's relatively easy for them to repackage and sell it... (slightly different method).
You could try to patent a method or a gimmick (US) but it wouldn't work in Europe and some other places as in Europe you can only patent things that have an industrial application (European patent office). A magic trick has none.

To have a patent worlwide is very expensive and I doubt the business model works.
You get copyrights as soon as you publish.

On a last note, the best protection is to gain recognition in the magician's community by publishing early and showing obvious paternity.
Therefore you become the recognized "owner" of the trick.
Every cheap knock-off or follower will be disavowed by the community; or shall I say in economical terms, by the "cartel".
konrad007
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of konrad007
I invented BooBi TraP. Look out Ding Dong BooBi TraP might be hitting the market soon.
Instead of a sponge *** I have got someone to make me sponge boobs and it’s a hit.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3530 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Quote:
On Mar 27, 2022, konrad007 wrote:
I invented BooBi TraP. Look out Ding Dong BooBi TraP might be hitting the market soon.
Instead of a sponge *** I have got someone to make me sponge boobs and it’s a hit.

Too late, that is what falsies are.