The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Ring Flight (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27302 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
The ring in hankerchief is so strong... I'm thinking about doing it for people.

More on this later Smile <- should be big evil smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
I was at Robert Baxt's lecture and he sold his version of Ring Flight. He is a very funny man!

I was already using the extra rings but I had them strung on a very large diaper pin pinned inside my jacket. I have since changed to his way because it is just a better display for the rings.

I also use a watch makers loop in my routine to add more comedy.

I use many funny bits throughout the routine.
Daniel Faith
Danny Magic
View Profile
New user
ca
30 Posts

Profile of Danny Magic
Gaeton Blooms. Enough said
robertwong
View Profile
Loyal user
Calgary, Canada
212 Posts

Profile of robertwong
Ring Zing by C&M

Robert.

P.S. Thanks Scott for the lobster claw idea, I'm going
to look for it!! Smile
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
I'm having a debate on which Ring Flight I should buy.
The Mak Magic Ring Flight or the Ulti Ring Flight by Richard Mo.
Any suggestions Smile
Thank You.
Clarence
View Profile
Regular user
Singapore, City Central, Scotts Road
146 Posts

Profile of Clarence
I've been using ImMAKulate ring flight by MAK Magic for some time now.

It's simply the best ring flight I've seen to date. Strong, smooth and silent reel. Smile
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
I think I'm going to go with Mak Magic's Immakulate Ring Flight. I've heard a lot of good things about it and I don't like how "Big" the wallet is for Ulti Ring Flight. Thank You guys for your help!
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Danny Magic: Do you use Gaetan's ala Mike Close, or what? Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Leeman
View Profile
Special user
Hollywood, CA
709 Posts

Profile of Leeman
Does Gaeten Bloom's Flying Ring use a pull or do you use sleight-of-hand. I already use a slight-of-hand method using a gimmick I found in a book titled "Magic with Finger Rings", but I would like to be able to show my hands empty while I am getting the key ring out. I have used an elastic pull but it takes to much reset between routines.
Clarence
View Profile
Regular user
Singapore, City Central, Scotts Road
146 Posts

Profile of Clarence
Normally I wouldn't tip good ideas that I use.

But if you have a duplicate ring, the ring flight system can be used as an utility gimmick rather than a trick.

Use some of your creativity and imagination then you'll know what I mean. Smile

I will be deleting this post in 1 or 2 days time. I wouldn't want some magician wannabe to know this.

Just saving it for the regulars and real pros.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Gatean's uses a TT and the keycase is out on the table in view Prior to the trick... Ken Brooke used to sell the Nemo Ring trick where the reel detaches from the case.
therntier
View Profile
Special user
681 Posts

Profile of therntier
What is everyone's thoughts on Imakulate. I'm basically looking at a Ring Fight in the $40 range. Is this the one I should be looking at, or is Gatean's better.

I would consider paying as much as $60 for the polaris ring flight if it is significantly better.

Thanks
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
I just bought Gaetan Bloom's version and I love the idea. plus it is supposed to be the safest bet. I am trying to minimize the noise of the gimmick. once this is fixed, I'm set.
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
I highly recommend the School for Scoundrels Perfect Clip for Ring Flite. Comes in sterling silver or gold plated silver. It holds fairly large rings, will not let go of the ring, and will never scratch the spectator's ring as so many of the lobster claw clips can. Available at http://www.schoolforscoundrels.com for $15.

This is the clip that I have used in my close-up act for ten years in my routine "The gold ring, the watch, and everything."

Be careful to use a clip that will not let the ring fly off. This has happened to me several times over the last thirty years with other clips. The lobster claw clips, if made very heavy and sturdy, shouldn't do this, but as I said, the square jaw of the clip can and has sometimes scratched a ring.

The perfect clip is based on the design of a "Jeweler's Clip" used to hold expensive pocket watches to the fob.
limkris
View Profile
Regular user
Belgium
166 Posts

Profile of limkris
Gaetan Bloom mentioned in a recent lecture a really cool twist to vanish the ring: a la 'vanishing birdcage'. The ring is put in the gimmick in his left fist and different spectators place one of their hands around the magician's closed fist. The magician calls out 1-2-3 and the spectators have to withdraw their hand and put it, fist closed, in the air. The magician then points out one by one, the fists that do not hide the ring. He/she looks astounded when the last spectator to open the fist does not have the ring.
I think this is a wonderful idea. This presentation delays the perception of the vanishing of the ring by several minutes. A big bow for maestro Bloom.
Johnny_Dee
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of Johnny_Dee
Quote:
On 2003-08-15 13:25, Pete Biro wrote:
Chris Kenner is credited with creating the Ring to Baby Shoelace that Copperfield uses. Kenner has NOT give anyone permission to market this effect.

So who is credited for the one that hocus-pocus sell on their website?

Johnny
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Some crook I guess.
dave s
View Profile
New user
new york
87 Posts

Profile of dave s
Whit,

Do you market your "The Gold Ring, the Watch, and Everything" routine? If so, where can I purchase it? Anyone know?!? Thanks.

dave s.
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
Quote:
On 2003-12-16 19:13, dave s wrote:
Whit,

Do you market your "The Gold Ring, the Watch, and Everything" routine? If so, where can I purchase it? Anyone know?!? Thanks.
dave s.

We do not yet market my routine, "The Gold Ring, the Watch, and Everything." However, we are planning to put out a DVD on this routine in the near future. We want to put it out in conjunction with a matched set of a high-quality LePaul Wallet and top of the line Ring-Flite.

Right now, we are working hard on producing dvd versions of our other videos, The Billy McComb Niteclub Table, The Jumbo Trade Show Shells, and of course the notes and video on the Shell Game.

Once these are cleared off the deck, we will be producing the DVD of "The Gold Ring, the Watch, and Everything," and a DVD of several of my card routines, including the cards to pocket, card on ceiling, Phoenix Aces, Chicago Surprise, Ambitious Card, Ambidextrous Transpo, and a few others.

Also, we are putting out an excellent dice stacking set and routine by Chef Anton, and Chef's book on restaurant magic.

To keep up with these developments as they happen, be sure and get on our email mailing list at http://www.schoolforscoundrels.com/

Thanks for asking. ;-j
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17418 Posts

Profile of joseph
I have The Ring Thing for sale. PM me if interested. Smile
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...