The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Ring Flight (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
antonuccio
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
132 Posts

Profile of antonuccio
In my opinion, The Morelli Flying Ring that Collector's sells is very good and practical. No reels, only a little bit of sleight of hand and a diabolical apparatus.

Regards
Russ
View Profile
Regular user
Muskogee, Oklahoma
124 Posts

Profile of Russ
I have Gaeton Bloom's Flying Ring.
The only thing that I don't like about this is that the spectator's ring has to go out of sight briefly to do the dirty work. I know that Mike Close uses what is called a Mercedes Key (no longer made) placed under a hankerchief, then he does the dirty work. But the ring still goes out of sight. Has anyone found a way around this?

Maybe there is a different clip that would work for this.

I haven't done a ring flight type of effect because I am too chicken. One reason is because if something happened to the ring I would wind up paying for it. You never know, the stone could be loose and come out. There is no way of knowing until it has happened. Or it could be missing one of the settings to start with. Has this ever happened to any of you?

Russ
"All I Really Need To Know I Learned In Kindergarten" by Robert Fulghum
Sean Macfarlane
View Profile
Special user
881 Posts

Profile of Sean Macfarlane
Does anyone use Michael Forbes' ring flight? This is the absolute best one on the market. I'm not sure if he is making them anymore. If you can get one, do it, but they are expensive. Cheers.
brainman
View Profile
Special user
972 Posts

Profile of brainman
I LOVE Vanni Bossi's Ring Flight.
No reel, easy to load and the ring appears between the keys. The spec HIMSELF takes the keyholder and has to move some keys out of the way to remove his ring. Everything is examinable.
Rings are NOT scratched or damaged in any way. It's easy to perform. Really easy.
MY GREAT FAVORITE!!!

P
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
1977 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
Quote:
On 2002-10-30 09:56, Sean Macfarlane wrote:
does anyone use Michael Forbes ring flight this is the absolute best one on the market. I'm not sure if he is making them anymore if you can get one, do it, but they are expensive. cheers

Mike Forbes' ring flight is definitely the best; you can occasionally find one of these on the used market, but they ARE like "hen's teeth."

That's the bad news. The good news is that Mike is in the process of re-designing and improving (if that's even POSSIBLE) his ring flight and it may be available again in the near future.

Regards,
Thomas Wayne
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
Rich B.
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
632 Posts

Profile of Rich B.
Russ,
I just recently worked out a handling for Gaeton Bloom's flying ring without the ring leaving the spectator's sight.
I start out with the gimmick on the right hand, borrowing the ring with the left. Take the ring with the right hand doing a standard transfer of the gimmick to the left hand. Drop your left hand to your side letting the clip fall out and adjusting into position for loading, while calling attention to the right hand holding the ring and commenting on beauty, etc. When you know you have the clip in position in the left hand, use the standard ring flight clip load (trying the ring on left forefinger while clipping the ring). Then proceed with the routine. Works well for me.
Rich B.
a.lien
View Profile
New user
Germany
36 Posts

Profile of a.lien
After having read all the posts about all types of ring flites I was wondering why nobody mentioned David Copperfield version with his little baby shoe in the back pocket at all.

I know, I know, it´s always DC-effects that magicians are asking for, but I think, this is the most baffling ring flite routine I ever saw! I agree it´s pretty good to reveal a ring hooked on a keychain, but tied onto a shoelace without any cover-up with hankies and stuff -that´s as close to real magic as one can get in that case, I think!

There has been a version on the market since DC´s special made this effect popular. Pretty expensive and totally s*#+"=!!! Totally unpractical and simply BAD!
I wonder if you guys have ever heard of it.

How come there hasn´t been a REAL baby shoe-ring flight version on the market by now, or has there? Or is David Copperfield simply buying off the rights for every REAL good trick there is in the world, leaving all other magicians with the "common" stuff?!!!

Does anbody know who came up with the baby shoe anyway?

Thanks for your comments!
A.lien
Smile Smile Smile
HuronLow
View Profile
Special user
689 Posts

Profile of HuronLow
David Copperfield used the Immaculate ring flight.=) He just removed the reel and altered the shoe lace and shoe.
The T&R Project.
A revolutionary take on the Torn & Restored card.

Available now at www.HuronLow.com
Timothy
View Profile
Regular user
Alabama, USA
174 Posts

Profile of Timothy
I seem to remember Hank Lee carried the ring to baby shoe effect years ago. I can't recall the name of the effect right now.
MxJoKeR
View Profile
Regular user
Nowhere, Oklahoma
173 Posts

Profile of MxJoKeR
I have seen a really cool variation using a cloth that you pin in your jacket with a lot of ring/watches and such on it, then the ring is found safety pinned in the cloth. Much more modern than the ring case, huh?
Do or Do-Not, There is no try--Yoda
jerryfig1212
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of jerryfig1212
Does anybody know if the Immakulate Ring Flight is worth getting?
Pleast let me know.
CardFan
View Profile
Elite user
Found the Socks !
430 Posts

Profile of CardFan
Anyone knows about the Derren Brown routine ?
Aiming to become the only magician in the world that has ever produced the lost socks back from the dryer...
D J Hawkins
View Profile
Veteran user
Reading, UK
350 Posts

Profile of D J Hawkins
Vani Bossi's Ring Flight was mentioned earlier. Does anyone know where this is available from ?
David Hawkins

djhawkins2014@gmail.com
yken
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of yken
Although I'm not sure they still have it, I purchased Vani Bossi's Ring Flight from Steven's Magic Emporium.
ludmer
View Profile
New user
Brazil
59 Posts

Profile of ludmer
I think Immakulate is a little noisy.
Gaetan Bloom´s is the best, because the spectator can hold the case before the ring appears, and everything is perfectly examinable after* and before (*sometimes!).
I also like 'Bazar de Magia´s' Ring on Shoe. Not a single noise. The ring strikes against a soft surface!
I trust jewish magicians and bagels
PyroDevil
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
156 Posts

Profile of PyroDevil
Funny no one said Flight 204 for best ring flight, but so many of you bought it! Smile
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Chris Kenner is credited with creating the Ring to Baby Shoelace that Copperfield uses. Kenner has NOT give anyone permission to market this effect.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Conus
View Profile
Special user
657 Posts

Profile of Conus
For a poor-man's no reel ring flight, see "The Little Giant Encyclopedia of Card & Magic Tricks."

(Don't let the name of the book dissuade you...)
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
I use Sterling Magic's "Power Ring Flite".
I have had it for 18 years and it is still in great condition and I use it regularly.
It is a far better quality than anything I am seeing in the shops now a days!

One comment about locking reels. I feel it is totally unneccessary with this effect. I have a locking one but never felt the need for my reel to lock. I am only holding it for a few moments anyway. I use misdirection to reach to my back pocket.
Of course if you have a locking one it's certainly not a problem either!
Daniel Faith
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Robert Baxt marketed the one with the rings pinned inside your jacket. Might be a good idea, I'd like to see someone do it.

Fred Kaps just had a keycase stuck in his back pocket with the clip hanging out.

He vanished the ring under a handkerchief (spectator holding a dummy ring thru the cloth) and just loaded the ring on the hasp as he brought the case out.

If it was good enough for Kaps, it should be good enough for anyone.

DO NOT DISCOUNT the vanish under a cloth. It is incredibly effective for lay audiences.

Robert Harbin used it for his ring in nest of boxes.

If it was good enough for Harbin, it should be good enough for anyone.

Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com