The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Ring Flight (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
The Gaetan Bloom ring flite is fine if you want to work with small rings. The Sterling Power Ring flite is noisy.

I make my own. It will pull a 14 pennyweight ring without catching.

I offered these for sale at one time, but since the motivating device I used is no longer available, I don't make them any more.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
JackDaniel
View Profile
Veteran user
nevada
376 Posts

Profile of JackDaniel
I wonder, cause key cases seem to be a thing of the past, I have not seen a layperson using one of these since 1989, that's why I wonder why so many magicians use them?
It's almost like: "Excuse me Sir, I see you have a key case, are you a magician?"
Jack.
Visit the magic of Vegas and your life will change forever..
CWMoss
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of CWMoss
I think it's very risky to borrow a ring and send it flying. The stone could be ready to fall or there could already be a stone missing and you are accused of losing it. It could be someimes great Grandma's irreplaceable ring. I like to calculate my risks and when you borrow a ring there is an unknown that I find unacceptable.
stephenbanning
View Profile
Regular user
United States
178 Posts

Profile of stephenbanning
Quote:
On 2004-02-21 03:22, wmhegbli wrote:
Here is the Nemo Ring Trick by Ken Brooke, it does not use a device within the case. So the spectator can hold and open themselves.

Those are great pictures. Thanks. I'm not completely convinced but I've ordered the Bloom version to try. Thanks again.
Neil
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Neil
I'm not sure if the inherent oddness of the keycase matters that much in a professional situation. Your friends and family would certainly ask questions but not people who you didn't know.

The whole point of the powered flights is that you get the ring to the pocket with an obviously empty hand and therefore no logical answer. But I've had problems covering the noise of the reel, the line itself and the flashy movement of the ring. You need control the whole group of specs quite well. The efforts to do this counteract the advantages.

I can't recommend the ImMAKulate Ring Flight. Too noisy and not all that well designed. You could make your own using a standard keyreel to a much higer standard with minimal tools.

On this point - Key Bak make reels for ID cards that have a card clip on the end. They will easily clip a coin....
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4195 Posts

Profile of warren
I use a ring flight from mark leveridge magic,it has no reel,instant reset,perfect for table hopping and grt's the same sort of reaction as using a reel.
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
I HATED BLooms Ring Flight! It only works with extremely small rings and doesn't look natural. I think that the original ring flight is the way to go. I've just recently began to use Dan Fleshman's routine for ring flight...if you haven't seen it: beg, borrow, and steal (ok, don't steal but find a way) to get this routine. He taught it at the SAM national convention in ST. Louis. It makes the vanish of the ring incredible.
boboneO
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of boboneO
For what it's worth to those who are looking for the "best" Ring Flite ever, go on eBay or any collector willing to part with one of the few ever made by a great Southern California craftsman named John Swink. I know he made one for Whit Hayden, Jonathan Pendragon, and several other performers before he died. I have one that has done me good service for more than 20 years. It has a jeweler's spring clip that will not let the ring fly off en route to the pocket; it is a tri-fold leather case imported from Mexico that has a buttoned inner compartment to hide the reel when the case comes out of the pocket; the locking reel is strong enough to hold the whole case and the keys in suspension while you insert your finger into the ring for display. I put the case in my right hip pocket, run the line around my back under my coat with enough to spare before locking it so that I can put it in my left pants pocket and it is ready when I want it. I lead into it with a borrowed ring and string routine (Ray Grismer's "Loopy" is good and so is his ring off string in the spectator's hand). The misdirection is so strong when the ring comes off the string that you have plenty of time to load the ring onto the Ring Flight and hold it in plain view before having the spectator push it into your closed fist and keep his/her finger on it up to the second when it vanishes. This has become my signature piece as it was for Jim Sommers, who was the first magician I ever saw do it back in the 60s in Hollywood.
Alym Amlani
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1464 Posts

Profile of Alym Amlani
Regarding Bloom's ring flight...does ANYONE know of a way to get a Mercedes key for the trick that Close does?

I love the routine, but has anyone found a replacement gimmick?

alym
Logic Defied
JJP161
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
509 Posts

Profile of JJP161
I'm still looking for a solid ring flight, I tried Rinky Dinky and On Foot and did not like either one. I have seen the Ring on the baby shoe effect but doesn't seem to pratical. It seems you either love or hate Gaetan's Blooms version, can anyone shed any light as to why this maybe? How does Solari's Ultimate Ring Capture stack up? Thank-you.

Joe
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1654 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
I had them all, everyone that was evermade. Today, I use only the "Rinky Dinky". I made some ajustments that made a difference in the working.
I have no problems with the line breaking, I'm still using the same one for 2 years, around 300 performances.
Richard Lyn
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
I love aronson's version Smile
RenzIII
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of RenzIII
Richard Lyn,

I hear ya Rinkey is the only way to go present with Ring Flight, I mean come on man,
who still uses a key wallet. It's a great effect but the wallet has to go.

If you going to do a ring to wallet and don't like Rinkey, I submit Doug Malloy's ring to
wallet is great and logical.

But if you have to do a Ring Flight, Rinkey Dinkey at least meets the new millennium.
I actually came up with a whole routine based on it, that's works very well.

Even my grandfather didn't have on of those key wallets.
jsmagus
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of jsmagus
I am suprized that I have only seen one post that even mentions Sean Field's "Flight 204". I was like some of the rest of you debating on which ring flight to get with all of your same thoughts. Who carries around a key case? How noisy is the gimmick? All of this was solved with "flight 204". No gimmick, no noise. And it appears on your necklace! can even appear on a specs necklace if you have enogh guts!
RenzIII
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of RenzIII
Jsmagus

So then its not Ring Flight.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Just in case you don't like reels
Just in case you don't like damaging a ring
Just in case you don't have a lot of skill
Just in case you want to do the Ring to Case
JUST IN CASE is about to hit the market...

It also will include a Key to not only replace the Mecedes Key (which no one could touch or examine) but has a new improved key without a rubber band, that can break.

JUST IN CASE... created by yours truly, manufactured by Joe Porper.

What more could you ask for?

Almost instant re-set, no reel, no sweat, easy to load clip, either under a silk or not.

Can even have the case on the table before you borrow the ring if you wish.

No TTip either.

What could it be?

Wait, it will be worth it.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
RenzIII
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of RenzIII
Ah,

But Mr.Biro

You have not even seen my ring flight routine. Although
I am open to your advise.

Renzo ( Genius in the making, lol.)

PS: Mr. Biro

Forget the rings, can you hook me up with Anabelle?

Just kidding?
respho
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
74 Posts

Profile of respho
I made a ring flight myself similar to Copperfield's baby shoe. I prefer this to other versions because with this one after you vanish the ring you can just raise your hands, turn around and have the ring on the shoelaces. Very clean.
RenzIII
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of RenzIII
Isn't that routine exclusive to David Copperfield??
A.J.
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan
314 Posts

Profile of A.J.
I can't wait to see what Pete Biro and Joe Porper have dreamed up. Put two creative geniuses together and the result, I'm sure will be diabolical.

Pete, give us a few more hints.

A.J.