The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: 21st Century Phantom by Oz Pearlman (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2008-01-21 13:06, Natural Mystic wrote:
Evolve629,

"The stencils are a little small, but I don't think it'd be that difficult to enlarge them."

What stencil site are you referring to?

The link provided by Natural Mystic. Smile
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Natural Mystic
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta, GA
510 Posts

Profile of Natural Mystic
Evolve629,

I provided the links to three stencils sites. Those small stencils are thumbnails, you must double click on those images to enlarge them. I haven't any problems with any of sites I provided.

Peace.
"You never change the existing reality by
fighting it. Instead, create a new model that
makes the old one obsolete."
-- R. Buckminster Fuller
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Finally got around to get it. This is certainly not a magician fooler - but a hell of a trick that floors laypeople big time.
Cards never lie
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
What is the exact name of the Magnets used? I can't find them anywhere! Hopefully somewhere in the UK has them...
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Natural Mystic
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta, GA
510 Posts

Profile of Natural Mystic
Christopher Williams,

They're called business card magnets.

Here's website in the UK:
http://www.edgemagnets.co.uk/

NM
"You never change the existing reality by
fighting it. Instead, create a new model that
makes the old one obsolete."
-- R. Buckminster Fuller
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Quote:
On 2008-02-26 19:12, Natural Mystic wrote:
Christopher Williams,

They're called business card magnets.

Here's website in the UK:
http://www.edgemagnets.co.uk/

NM

Top man!

Thanks
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
wilfr3d
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of wilfr3d
A friend of mine from Asia was asking me about this dvd. I just wonder if the trick only works on those celebrities shown on the dvd?
Dominique
View Profile
New user
Paris (France)
48 Posts

Profile of Dominique
Hello,

21st Century Phantom by Oz Pearlman is, no question about that, a great trick : imagine it does make people buy by magic a 30$ DVD for a well known trick from Anneman's "Pratical Mental Magic".

One and only one trick for 30$ do not miss it !

It would be stupid to buy a 7$ book
(http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0486244261/ref=pd_bbs_sr_olp_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1204712560&sr=8-1)
like "Pratical Mental Magic" which is just full of thousands of great mental tricks when you can have a big brand new in-your-face ***magic*** 30$ DVD of just one of them.

Miser's dream just always works fine for magic dealers...
Cordially,
Dominique
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
693 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
Does anyone know of a UK supplier for the self-adhesive magicnetic business card stickers?

I don't want magnetic business cards, but the magnetic stickers that Oz uses.

Iain.
Tanis
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of Tanis
Quote:
On 2008-03-16 19:57, Iain Moran wrote:
Does anyone know of a UK supplier for the self-adhesive magicnetic business card stickers?

I don't want magnetic business cards, but the magnetic stickers that Oz uses.

Iain.

Iain try this site http://www.emagnetsuk.com/index.asp
Best wishes Tanis
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
This is a nice update on a classic effect. But making the needed item each time is too tedious and time consuming for me.

What we need are Celebrity Punches!!!!

Now that would make this almost effortless.
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
MagicMan1957,

Make them while you watch TV.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
zifferinolpm
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of zifferinolpm
I have performed this a few times. In my teens I was into martial arts so I made one Bruce Lee and being that the presidential election is coming up soon I made the other Barak Obama. Both look good and freak people out. I can't remember who said it but some one stated that it won't fool magicians but I would have to disagree with you. I already have.
zifferinolpm
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of zifferinolpm
Quote:
On 2008-03-05 05:36, Dominique wrote:
Hello,

21st Century Phantom by Oz Pearlman is, no question about that, a great trick : imagine it does make people buy by magic a 30$ DVD for a well known trick from Anneman's "Pratical Mental Magic".

One and only one trick for 30$ do not miss it !

It would be stupid to buy a 7$ book
(http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0486244261/ref=pd_bbs_sr_olp_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1204712560&sr=8-1)
like "Pratical Mental Magic" which is just full of thousands of great mental tricks when you can have a big brand new in-your-face ***magic*** 30$ DVD of just one of them.

Miser's dream just always works fine for magic dealers...

Personally, I like 21st Century Phantom. Think it's a great effect and well worth the $30 dollars. It's just a different take on Anneman's. I use Barak Obama and Bruce Lee.
Miraclemakers
View Profile
Special user
INA
685 Posts

Profile of Miraclemakers
It's great effect...but it takes time for preparation.....
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2008-01-21 13:06, Natural Mystic wrote:
Evolve629,

"The stencils are a little small, but I don't think it'd be that difficult to enlarge them."

What stencil site are you referring to?

Sorry it took me awhile.. My bad - I didn't click on the link.. Thanks again -
http://www.spraypaintstencils.com/emailus.html great stencils provided by Natural Mystic.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Dan Dent
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Dan Dent
Is the self-adhesive magnetic card essential to the method of the effect, or is it just an added dimension to the end product?
Dan Dent
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Dan Dent
Found some more silhouettes!
http://www.yeesjob.com/silhouette-catalog.htm
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Just a question, I wondered if anyone wanted another review of this horrible effect? I would like to know if anyone actually is doing this and taking the time to cut out the silhouettes? I personally was shocked that Oz wasted his time putting this out and I really doubt anyone does it including Oz.
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1479 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
Quote:
On 2009-03-12 21:45, MagicSanta wrote:
Just a question, I wondered if anyone wanted another review of this horrible effect? I would like to know if anyone actually is doing this and taking the time to cut out the silhouettes? I personally was shocked that Oz wasted his time putting this out and I really doubt anyone does it including Oz.

Hmmm, why did Annemann waste a chapter in his book about it. Because, if you can make the force seem 100% percent free, well actually give your spectator a choice of changing the mind - to make it seem 100% free. Then this is a spectacular revelation of a design duplication effect. It's mind reading, yu pick their brain for an image that only they would know. If your acting skills is like a mentalist and not like that of a magician, then this is really a great effect - handing out a nice souvenir. This is a problem, because a lot of magicians are currently releasing mentalism effects, but they act them out as magicians. Well, no wonder they don't get the strong reaction. I did pure mentalism for 2 years, a couple of years back, and it is a totally different discipline to seem convinving, than is is when you play the role of a magician. You need to switch into another state of mind.

I perform it Annemann style. I do have a black background paper (with two slits in)so that I can insert the cut out white paper and frame it. I do double size paper than business cards. Just like Annemann describes it, no real need for magnetized stuff or other.

I use "George Bush" or Danish Statsminister/president "Anders Fogh Rasmussen" because its plain fun to watch the spectators face and say "I feel like you think of a person you don't particulary like" - I'm think about changing it to Barack Obama - because currently there is a lot of positive vibes around Mr. Obama.

My force is the secret to the effect - it's 100% free to the spectator.