The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: 21st Century Phantom by Oz Pearlman (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Doctor REvil
View Profile
Elite user
469 Posts

Profile of Doctor REvil
Will this be avalible in the UK......?
Karma means you buy now & pay later.....think I've over spent....!

Check out my ebooks at the lybrary.....

http://www.lybrary.com/david-gemmell-m-13404.html
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2007-12-08 14:03, Ozer4 wrote:
You'll need to buy more magnetic business card adhesive stickers depending on how often you perform this, as you give one away each time.

Magnetic business cards or business card magnetic adhesive stickers? I don't have any more magnetic business cards - but adhesive stickers I'm interested, if I can find them.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3218 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Evolve, when you quoted his post, it had the answer right there. Smile
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3082 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Hope this isn't exposure as it seems to be being freely discussed on the site. What are "magnetic business card adhesive stickers" and where would refills be purchased. I realize that certain tricks have "consumables" as part of their cost. But I believe it is reasonable to ask for expected cost and sourcing of products. I not long ago purchased UV nightshades, terrific trick and terrific fun, however only a small quantity is included of something (maybe the same material) that will probably not last forever (given loss and wear of small parts). There is currently no ready source of replacement material. At this point the $35 trick must be purchased again.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2007-12-09 14:10, lunatik wrote:
Evolve, when you quoted his post, it had the answer right there. Smile

They are two different things that I was asking.. Smile
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
shpf100
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of shpf100
I do not own this but I have purchased magnetic business card adhesive at walmart you get a stack of about 100 business card sized magnets that have adhesive on one side on which you stick your business cards, I can't remember the cost but they were in the office supplies section.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2007-12-09 18:44, shpf100 wrote:
I do not own this but I have purchased magnetic business card adhesive at walmart you get a stack of about 100 business card sized magnets that have adhesive on one side on which you stick your business cards, I can't remember the cost but they were in the office supplies section.

Thank you shpf100, you answered my question. Smile
Ozer4
View Profile
Veteran user
NYC
329 Posts

Profile of Ozer4
This is what you will need. They are thin magnets the size of business cards, with an adhesive on one side. http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/stores......a=SEARCH

Regards,
Oz
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Thanks for the tip.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
That was a great tip. Im still waiting on mine. Is there a delay in shipping or something? They are usually really fast about this.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I live in a state that Staples is hard to find. However, I found the Magnetic
business Cards at Office Depot. It comes in a package of 100, 50 or 25!
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7028 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Piasa, are you talking about Penguin? Their customer service is really lacking right now. If you call them, they will tell you that they are days behind on their shipping yet they've posted nothing on their site about this problem.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I also recently experienced some delays from Penguin. They said that it's due to the holidays for the protracted shipment. My experience with Penguin has been a good one and they usually have fast shipping. I guess I do have high expectations from them. Another gripe is that even though Penguin says item ship usu. ships within 24 hours, my recent orders did not ship within that window.
deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1041 Posts

Profile of deputy
So has anybody recieved this yet that can ive a review?
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
It is just as advertised and looks great.

It's very easy to do.

Every detail on preparation and performance is explained. Everything needed to perform the effect with the exception of your business cards, a pair of scissors and the magnetic business cards (used to make the giveaway more practical and attractive) is provided. This is a fantastic update of a classic made applicable to close up and even walk around by Oz's innovations.

The only qualm I have is that a link was provided by Oz on the DVD for something and it does not exist, or was not in existence when I tried it. But what you would get there is not needed for the effect as some is provided along with the DVD and additional sources are mentioned by Oz. (These are no cost additional elements.)

I prefer to use this as a novelty or encore piece.

My rating: 2 thumbs up and a snip, snip.

Tony Iacoviello
deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1041 Posts

Profile of deputy
Thanks tony
J.Robert
View Profile
Loyal user
Gettysburg, PA
240 Posts

Profile of J.Robert
I also couldn't find the password protected site. Does anyone have an alternate link?
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
If I am guessing this right, the staff you guys are looking for from his password protected site Oz has already included inside the DVD jacket.
J.Robert
View Profile
Loyal user
Gettysburg, PA
240 Posts

Profile of J.Robert
Yeah, he included 4. There are a lot more that were going to be available on his site (I'm not too fond of the four that came with it).
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3096 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!