The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Grand illusion :: Going to see Mac King? (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
thefifth
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of thefifth
Just wanted to make sure that anyone coming to vegas doesn't pay full price to see Mac King's show. Not that the show isn't worth it - in fact it's arguably the best magic show in town. Before the show, go to carnival court, that is the outside area of Harrah's. There are signs for it so it's not hard to find. Before the show they hand out free vouchers. They are free show tickets, BUT you have to buy a drink that you pre pay for and costs about 12 bucks after tax. Still 12 dollars for a drink and an hour show is a GREAT deal in vegas. Especially for Mac King. So enjoy.

Also the Half Price ticket booths regularly carry: Nathan Burton, Dirk Arthur, Steve Wyrek, The World's Greatest Magic show, and sometimes the amazing jonathon. The only magicians you can't catch at the half price ticket booth are Penn and Teller, Lance Burton and Hans Klok. Also there are multiple 1/2 price booths by different companies, so check around. For convienence I like the one in circus circus, being a local its easier to get there, don't actually have to get on the strip. Hope this info helps anyone planning a trip to Vegas soon.
[email]info@williampenix.com[/email]
www.williampenix.com
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
You can also get them through http://www.billhere.com along with a lot of other las vegas discount cupons for the price of mailing and a small fee. Can save you a wad on any trip to las vegas.
Mac's showroom is an open or "general seating" type showroom. That translates into a matrie de seats you, and unless you want to sit in the back behind a post, you need to slip him a few bucks to get a better seat. $5 per person will get you sat more down front, so add that to the cost of the ticket. Mac's show is a must see show. I just saw it for the umteenth time this past week. It never gets old even though I can do all his patter now by memory. Plus he meets his audience after the show and is always happy to meet another fellow magi.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Dizzy
View Profile
Elite user
UK
437 Posts

Profile of Dizzy
Go and see Ron Lucas too. We had the voucher tickets too. Defintely worth it,

Diane
Vince_the_vince
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Vince_the_vince
It's the best show in town
IllusionJack
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas, Nevada
376 Posts

Profile of IllusionJack
Hans Klok and Penn & Teller have both been on the 1/2 Price Booth on a few different occasions that I went and looked for them.

--Jack Smile
thefifth
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of thefifth
Really? Do you remember which one? Becasue I'm actually just about to purchase Hans Klok tickets?
www.williampenix.com
IllusionJack
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas, Nevada
376 Posts

Profile of IllusionJack
The one on LV Blvd across from Circus Circus/next to the Riviera has had them in the past. Over the late summer they had it every day.

Also - if you live in Vegas and like to see a lot of shows, I'd recommend subscribing to houseseats. houseseatslv.com. It is a membership based program that allows you to get anywhere from 2-4 comp tickets to any show they offer. Hans Klok is always on there, along with other shows.

--Jack Smile
thefifth
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of thefifth
Cool thanks! I called one of the Half price ticket booths about two weeks ago and they told me that the Hans Klok show hadn't released any tickets ever for the half price ticket booths. Idiots. Thanks for the info. I'll check it out tomorrow.

I'm always scared of those membership programs. Do they have other good shows or is it just the bottom of the vegas barrel?
www.williampenix.com
IllusionJack
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas, Nevada
376 Posts

Profile of IllusionJack
I have no idea why the half price booth told you they never get Hans Klok. I have personally purchased tickets for his show not once, but twice, from the Tix4Tonight booth on LVB across from Circus Circus.

On houseseats, as for other shows I have seen offered, I've seen Blue Man Group, Celine Dion, Comedy Pet Theatre, Gordie Brown, Nathan Burton, Le Reve, Penn & Teller, Producers, several Mandalay Beach concerts, several concerts at the Joint at Hard Rock, boxing matches, The Fashionistas, Hans Klok, Dixie Dooley, Ronn Lucas, Fantasy and a few others. I have never seen Lance Burton, any Cirque du Soleil show, or Phantom of the Opera on there.

Hans Klok is on there -all the time-. It would be less expensive for you to buy a 2-ticket trial membership to houseseatslv than to buy 2 tix for his show at the box office! Then, you'll still have the opportunity to give houseseats a try and see if you like it for the other shows it offers.

If you do it though, let them know I sent you!

--Jack Stephens Smile
thefifth
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of thefifth
Will do - thanks for the info, much appreciated.
www.williampenix.com
socalmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
267 Posts

Profile of socalmagic
I'm going to see Mac King tomorrow, and I'm wondering if they still give away free tickets at Carnival Court? If not, then where's the best place to buy tickets for Mac's show?
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Pay the full price, Mac would appreciate it.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Matt Adams
View Profile
Special user
Harvest, AL
827 Posts

Profile of Matt Adams
Quote:
On 2013-08-30 20:20, socalmagic wrote:
I'm going to see Mac King tomorrow, and I'm wondering if they still give away free tickets at Carnival Court? If not, then where's the best place to buy tickets for Mac's show?

Go to the concierge at Harrah's and they'll give you vouchers for the show for cheap. I think it's 10 or 15 bucks and includes a free drink. Just went a couple weeks ago...

Instagram: @mattadamsministries

Facebook: www.facebook.com/mattadamsministries
T. Durden
View Profile
Loyal user
USA
294 Posts

Profile of T. Durden
Ummm... why is this thread in 'grand illusion'?
Matt Adams
View Profile
Special user
Harvest, AL
827 Posts

Profile of Matt Adams
Cause it's 6 years old and 6 year olds don't know any better? ... Smile

Instagram: @mattadamsministries

Facebook: www.facebook.com/mattadamsministries
socalmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
267 Posts

Profile of socalmagic
Matt, thanks for the tip. I saw the show yesterday, and it was great! I loved the bear. My wife almost peed her pants, and we do the shadow tent! I would add that it's not worth it to pay an additional $5 for premium seating. Every seat was great.
WayneNZ
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1013 Posts

Profile of WayneNZ
How do tickets work with the change in hotel ? they used to hand out vouchers that had you buy a drink to see the show .
mantel
View Profile
Special user
925 Posts

Profile of mantel
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2024, WayneNZ wrote:
How do tickets work with the change in hotel ?

As far as I know, the only offer now is 1/2 price tickets.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21275 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Go give full price at the box office. If for no other reason than brotherhood and all. Also the show is worth double his full price.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
GlennLawrence
View Profile
Veteran user
Randolph NJ
322 Posts

Profile of GlennLawrence
Having seen the show I must echo Danny's sentiment. Pay full price, it's worth it and you will not be disappointed!