The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magical equations :: Whole Audience Participation Card effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Justin Flom
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of Justin Flom
There's a concept out there somewhere that deals with an effect where each member of the audience has a complete deck of cards and through a series of moves following the magician on stage, magic happens. Anyone know what book deals with this sort of thing?
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
I don't know about a deck of cards, but Mark Wilson, I think, had a trick where everyone played bingo and won all at the same time.
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Jim Steinmeyer's "Nine Card Problem" from his Impuzzibilities book would fit the bill.

Terry LaGerould's variation, "Cardboard Lie Detector", from Pasteboard Presentations II, would also work.
MichelAsselin
View Profile
Veteran user
20th century, 3rd dimension
326 Posts

Profile of MichelAsselin
Card memorisation effects, in which a deck is divided between two participants, would fit the bill. Simply get all spectators to think of a card before you call out the divided deck. This involves all of them, as they will pay attention to hear if their card came through. Additionally, ifd you do not mind a little pre-show, you can call out the names of the thinkeers for some of the cards.
" , ? ; !!! "
- Marcel Marceau, Feb 30, 1945.
MichelAsselin
View Profile
Veteran user
20th century, 3rd dimension
326 Posts

Profile of MichelAsselin
Card memorisation effects, in which a deck is divided between two participants, would fit the bill. Simply get all spectators to think of a card before you call out the divided deck. This involves all of them, as they will pay attention to hear if their card came through. Additionally, ifd you do not mind a little pre-show, you can call out the names of the thinkeers for some of the cards.
" , ? ; !!! "
- Marcel Marceau, Feb 30, 1945.
The Jack
View Profile
V.I.P.
228 Posts

Profile of The Jack
Por arte de verbimagia - Juan Tamariz. This book has varius effects considering your question.
thanos4182
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of thanos4182
Just saw David Blaine’s show in Vegas and he does what you are talking about. The whole audience has their own deck of cards and after a few cuts he has the audience place a card under their leg. He then calls someone on stage. That person then picks a card from the deck. We then see that the entire audience had tucked the same card under their leg.
ursmagicbalu
View Profile
Inner circle
India
1080 Posts

Profile of ursmagicbalu
Love Ritual
“It’s not what you do that matters, or even how you do it;
it’s what the spectators perceive you as doing that matters.
That’s the MAGIC they’ll remember.”
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1047 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Quote:
On Mar 7, 2007, Justin Flom wrote:
There's a concept out there somewhere that deals with an effect where each member of the audience has a complete deck of cards and through a series of moves following the magician on stage, magic happens. Anyone know what book deals with this sort of thing?

Alain Nu had some really good work on this in the Zoom lecture he did for our IBM Ring during Covid lockdowns. Sorry, I can't recall the name. But it might be worth a reach out.
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1047 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
FYI. I recently received a copy of Verbal Magic by Juan Tamariz and Gema Navarro. It is packed full of powerful effects which puts the magic in the spectators' hands.