The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Lights...camera...action! :: List of Magic TV Series - Do you Know of Any? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Rip
View Profile
New user
Ireland
57 Posts

Profile of Rip
The first TV series I saw Paul Daniels on in the 70's was called 'For My Next Trick' with Terry Seabrook, John Wade and impressionist Faith Brown.

Long time ago but two things stand out in my memory:

PD did a stunning Siros levitation right beside the front row of the studio audiance and a wonderful Misers Dream with Faith Brown ((un)dressed à la 'Cabaret') singing Money Makes The World Go Around. Coins and notes seemed to pop out of every part of her body!

acortest
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of acortest
Can someone please tell me the name of a new TV show about magic or magician's. It's not the show 'The Magicians' on the SyFy network. I head about a new one, but can't remember any of the details.

Thanks!
acortest
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of acortest
I think it has something to do with a magician helping the police (or FBI or CIA) debunk phony psychics. It is not a documentary (or fake documentary even)
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2615 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
You're not referring to Shut Eye are you? It's about a retired stage magician turned conman ("Gypsy").
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
Ba Ba Booey
View Profile
Special user
In Denver, I have no less than
552 Posts

Profile of Ba Ba Booey
Shut Eye is a pretty good show. It was filmed in Vancouver, Canada, but took place in SoCal.
Maddies Ghost
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of Maddies Ghost
I have quite a few TV series Doug Henning David Nixon,PauL Daniels Stuff WHite Rabbit Money Magic ,also a timecoded copy of UK mentalist Marc Paul's rarely seen Tv series.PLus lots of other rare stuff my memory wont let me remember right now.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2017, acortest wrote:
Can someone please tell me the name of a new TV show about magic or magician's. It's not the show 'The Magicians' on the SyFy network. I head about a new one, but can't remember any of the details.

Thanks!

I think you might be thinking of "Deception" which should be running on ABC.

1999 saw a short lived animated series called "The Magician" where a 21st Century magician fought crime on the side.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Ironjim
View Profile
New user
Northern Ca
50 Posts

Profile of Ironjim
I'm re-watching a show called "The Mentalist". The show is a crime/drama about a former Psychic/Mentalist tracking down a serial killer. Magic is not the primary focus of the show, but lots of fun tidbits (both magic and mentalism).
Luke Jonas
View Profile
Regular user
Yorkshire UK
191 Posts

Profile of Luke Jonas
Hustle was a good series that showed a lot of sleight of hand and such.
Derren brown has also had a few tv shows that were all good. The masked magician (whatever your thoughts) was also quite popular and I believe is still available on a few streaming sites.
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Profile of Terrible Wizard
There's obviously hundreds, many have been mentioned. There's shows that are actual magic shows, like David Blaine's Specials and Dynamo's Magician Impossible, then there's shows that are fictional but feature magic/mentalist themes like The Mentalist. Additionally, there's documentaries and reality shows about magicians, gamblers, con artists or magic history, like the old BBC History of Magic, And then there's talent shows which either often have magic acts on them, like AGT, or which are entirely about magic, like Penn and Teller Fool Us.

I didn't see Phenomenon mentioned, but I've only skimmed the thread.

I imagine a full list woild end up being quite huge! Smile
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
The Wonderful World of Magic, from the 70's staring Bill Bixby. It consisted of acts recorded from FISM.
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
December Bride"

"December Bride" had Harry Morgan as the amateur magician neighbor, he played the same part on "Pete and Geladas."

"
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
Teddy Meagher
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Teddy Meagher
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2017, acortest wrote:
I think it has something to do with a magician helping the police (or FBI or CIA) debunk phony psychics. It is not a documentary (or fake documentary even)

I recently saw a tv show called deception I believe this is what you were talking about
Ba Ba Booey
View Profile
Special user
In Denver, I have no less than
552 Posts

Profile of Ba Ba Booey
Quote:
On Mar 16, 2018, Teddy Meagher wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2017, acortest wrote:

I recently saw a tv show called deception I believe this is what you were talking about

No, that would have been The Mentalist. Deception had no phony psychics being debunked. Only the viewers were conned. Deception, by the way, has not been renewed, but you can see it on Hulu if you want to see season 1.
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1913 Posts

Profile of Anatole
Does anyone have an episode list and/or any other information about Peter Pit's "Watch Closely" TV series? Vernon and Channing Pollock were among Peter's guests._GENII_ reported in "Bagdad" for May 1968:
"IN HOLLYWOOD, Peter Pit filmed the first show of a proposed series on magic for television, called 'Watch Closely.' It will be a half-hour show featuring magicians from all over the world. Peter is the star and co-producer. A very animated magicians’ rabbit named Tricky O’Hare assists Peter."

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
Roland
View Profile
New user
Arizona
37 Posts

Profile of Roland
There are obviously hundreds of magic tv shows over the years and in many languages. We have tried to compile the list of American shows that pushed magic in a new direction, helped shape the field of magic, or tried to envision TV magic in a completely new way. Here goes... https://www.carnivalofillusion.com/best-......time.php
debjit
View Profile
Loyal user
India
213 Posts

Profile of debjit
Tricky TV by Stephen Mulhern was one of my favorite magic shows.
magicianbrady
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of magicianbrady
Jay Sankey had a show called Spellz which taught some great magic
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
There was a series here called The Wonderful World of Magic, it was hosted by Bill Bixby around the time of his The Magician detective series.
It was acts performing live at shows in Paris, I remember Richard Ross, Fred Kaps, Dick Zimmerman etc.
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1349 Posts

Profile of imgic
Recently I stumbled across “Magic & Beyond” on Amazon Prime. 26 episodes, shot in 1999, each about 22 minutes long. Wide variety of performers, with a close up segment with Johnny Ace Palmer, and quite a few clips of past greats like Slydini and Blackstone. The hosts are a bit wooden and cheesy, but some good performances.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."