The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Mentally Speaking :: Switchcraft (185 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3..17..30..43..56..69..71~72~73 [Next]
domclarke
View Profile
Regular user
Windsor, UK
147 Posts

Profile of domclarke
This is a 122 page e-book by Elliott Bresler on his billet work - I bought this at the weekend and am working through it, however I just wanted to highlight it, as it really is a great piece of work, and see if anyone else out there was using it?

Elliot details about 10 different billet switches, in addition to providing suggestions for routines. His developments are well thought out, comprehensively explained, and accompanied with an excellent use of digital photography. There is also a clear emphasis on making the switches as easy as possible, yet as visually perfect as possible.

Should point out that I'm not connected to Elliott in any way - he responded to a post on Cassidy's Name/place routine and suggested one of his switches. I thought this was a great purchase - even more so at a price of around $19.95. There's more detail here...
http://ebswitch.googlepages.com/home

I particlarly like his tear, and also his evolving of the Sankey clip switch.

Regards
adgnyc
View Profile
Loyal user
New York City
293 Posts

Profile of adgnyc
Sounds good, and several top-notch mentalists (Greg Arce, Millard Longman, Barrie Richardson) seem to think highly of it. I'll take the plunge.
Adam Green
New York, NY
Kevvy
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of Kevvy
I bought this too and I agree this is really good.

Elliott covers the nuances of his billet work with thorough explanations that are enhanced with strikingly clear photos.

There are switches and routines that reinforce the theoretical concepts covered thoughout the ebook. There are also variations of some of the switches which further expound on the subtleties of the methods. One such variation is an idea by Jheff which is an alternate handling of Elliott's E.B. switch.

I like the routines too. My favorites are COINfabulation and Epic X.

I definitely got my money's worth with this one. In fact, I think this could have actually been two ebooks.

Highly recommended for billet workers who want to incorporate fresh ideas into their routines.
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3254 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Thanks guys!!! I really appreciate your posts.

So far, the book was reviewed here:

http://www.talkmagic.co.uk/ftopic15147.php

I’m hoping for a few more reviews soon Smile Smile

Thanks again,

Elliott
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3254 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
If you guys have access to the Mentalism section of MagicBunny.Co.UK, you may want to check out a very kind comment made about Switchcraft by one of the most well noted practitioners of the art.

YES!!!!!

Thanks,

Elliott
gaafman
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of gaafman
Hi Elliott,

I must say I am really pleased with the pdf. It is very detailed, clear, clever and very inspirational. Very good value for money already (and I am only halfway...). Thanks for releasing,

Jeroen
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3254 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Thank you so much Jeroen.

Elliott
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3254 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Added a new testimonial to the site. Keep ‘em coming folks.

Elliott
Richie Dagger
View Profile
Loyal user
Tucson, AZ
267 Posts

Profile of Richie Dagger
Maybe I'll give you a real review after I've actually tried some of these in real situations. For now however, I will say the writing is clear, the contents are explained well with great photos, and the sample routines seem very well constructed. I'm happy to say that I may have found a simple switch (and variations thereof) that even I can pull off without much worry. Time will tell for sure, but I think this one shows a lot of promise.
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3254 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Thanks Richie,

I’m glad you like it so far.

One switch is a very powerful tool, but two are even better Smile

It sounds like you and I share approximately the same level of skill. If you’re one switch is the E.B. Switch, I recommend also checking out the E.B. Ultimate NCP Switch. It’s a very useful move that works along the similar principles. Also, there’s a helpful tip in the E.B. Ultimate NCP instructions that I really should have also included in the instructions for the E.B. Switch. It’s the part about using your fingers as a guide.

You may also want to try the E.B. Fold Switch. It’s VERY powerful and just about as easy as they get. It builds on a Zingg move from “Billets Naturally”. I danced for joy when Allen gave me permission to include it in my book.

The Clip Switch and Tear are a little harder to learn, but very easy with just a little practice. If you try them in front of a mirror, you’ll see how cool they are.

Please let me know if you need any help with any of the moves.

Thanks again,

Elliott
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1250 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
I wish all my mentalism purchases made me feel this satisfied! As purchaser #13 (so he informed me awhile back) I feel very lucky indeed. I would call this a scholarly treatise on billet switching, except that it is so darned practical! He is clearly a real-world billet worker, who admits that he is not yet a master, and this actually enhances the value of what he's teaching, IMO. His writing shows genuineness and real love of this aspect of the craft. I particularly liked his E.B. Switch, and his Clip Switch solves a specific problem with Sankey's Paperclipped move that I am particularly thankful for. Also, the routines included are really excellent, including his three takes on "A Question and the Answer." He even discusses how to effectively link together different techniques into a seamless, mindboggling performance. Jam-packed, encyclopedic, and VERY detailed, thoughtful information. It's more than just switches; this is a billet book I've been waiting for for quite some time. For less than twenty bucks, this is one of the best values of the year. HIGH recommendation!

Seth
StrangeMagick
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of StrangeMagick
This is good stuff. I'm gonna kill my ink cartridges printing this one out. I usually print out my eBooks at work in B&W, but the pictures are too nice not to print them out in color. I've only had a chance to read a few pages so far, but I love what I see.

Maybe I don't have to purchase Alan Zingg's DVDs afterall, as I have just about everything else on Billets.

for $20, this is a bargain. I wish Bob Cassidy's latest eBooks were full of as much info for the money (not that you don't get good info in Bob's eBooks ... you just don't get as mucch for you $$$).

Dave Birtwell

Dave Birtwell
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3254 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Thanks Dave!!! I love getting feedback like this.

I’m crossing my fingers and hoping the color printouts come out OK. I’m embarrassed to say that I never actually tried that. Oops.

Regarding Allen Zingg: From what I have seen so far, I cannot recommend his Master Billet Course highly enough. It is quite excellent and was added at the last minute to the “Recommendations” and “Best of the Rest” sections of my book. Believe me, I wouldn’t steer you wrong. Allen's Master Billet Course is a great set.

Thanks again,

Elliott
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3254 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Quote:
On 2006-12-08 23:05, Seth speaks wrote:
I wish all my mentalism purchases made me feel this satisfied! As purchaser #13 (so he informed me awhile back) I feel very lucky indeed. I would call this a scholarly treatise on billet switching, except that it is so darned practical! He is clearly a real-world billet worker, who admits that he is not yet a master, and this actually enhances the value of what he's teaching, IMO. His writing shows genuineness and real love of this aspect of the craft. I particularly liked his E.B. Switch, and his Clip Switch solves a specific problem with Sankey's Paperclipped move that I am particularly thankful for. Also, the routines included are really excellent, including his three takes on "A Question and the Answer." He even discusses how to effectively link together different techniques into a seamless, mindboggling performance. Jam-packed, encyclopedic, and VERY detailed, thoughtful information. It's more than just switches; this is a billet book I've been waiting for for quite some time. For less than twenty bucks, this is one of the best values of the year. HIGH recommendation!

Seth

WOW!!

Thanks Seth!!!

I guess 13 is my lucky number too.

Thanks again,

Elliott
adgnyc
View Profile
Loyal user
New York City
293 Posts

Profile of adgnyc
A very thoughtful, well-written book filled with what seem to be usable moves and ideas. I have thus far stayed away from billet switches out of fear of getting caught. Switchcraft has convinced me to give it a shot.
Adam Green
New York, NY
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3254 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Thank you Adam!!!

I was in the same boat as you not so long ago.

Now it seems we are in the same boat again; just a better one. Smile

Thanks again,

Elliott
Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I now have
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
I'm one of those guys who has, over the years, avoided billet work like the plague. I bought Elliott's ebook with high hopes. I've only made it to page 46...but, I've got to say that my eyes are opened! I've never been exposed to anything like these easy to execute methods and I've already gotten more than my money's worth! This is really going to open some new doors for me. And, what is so surprising is...these moves are all so very natural. They make perfect sense which makes them all the easier to learn. Thank you, Elliott, for putting billet switching within my grasp. I am absolutely thrilled.
Nicholas
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3254 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Thanks Nicholas!!!!

A while back, I didn’t think putting my moves in book format was a good idea. A bunch of kind folks convinced me otherwise. Reading posts like yours makes it clear that the whole project was worthwhile.

Thanks so much,

Elliott

p.s. I scoped out the next 46 pages. You haven’t gotten to the ”Ultimate E.B. NCP Switch” and the “E.B. Refold Switch” yet. You’re in for some real treats.
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Elliott, you've done for billets what Busch did for peeks. AND and a most reasonable fee. I hope you sell a thousand copies!. This is what Ebooks all SHOULD be: great new material, usable, well done and inexpensive.

Thank you...yours may be the best bargain of the year in eBooks. I'm very glad I bought this. Like others mentioned, the thought of doing billets and switches used to give me the heebie-jeebies. Cassidian Mentalism was not my style, couldn't pull off the moves...but now I'm thinking differently thanks to your new simple moves. Again, thanks for your efforts.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
StrangeMagick
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of StrangeMagick
ElliottB:

I printed the 1st 20 pages in color and it worked fine. I think I'm only going to print the pages with photos and replace the B&W photos with the color pages.

Dave