The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magic...at a moment's notice! :: What do you carry? (18 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19~20~21..23~24~25 [Next]
dman11
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1070 Posts

Profile of dman11
During winter months when I have a coat on I have a Joshua Jay wallet thingy that I keep a thumbtip and hanky, scotch and soda, flipper coin, Vanished (coin trick) in that...Also have an O'connell packet trick wallet with Ultimate Monte, color Monte, B'wave and any packet trick I might be working on at the moment. In my regular wallet I keep a mismade dollar bill......During the summer - sometimes I have the packet trick walllet but usually nothing.
mpicard
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of mpicard
Always have tt with 2 silks, powerball 60 in plastic card wallet and cheating gambler in same wallet. sometimes deck of cards.
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
If I'm going out I always have my slight of hand skills ............. and a gaffed paper clip.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
These days it's Sugar Rush, Post-It Note Restoration (lighter,post it notes,marker), 4 coins and 4 cards for a matrix routine.
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Profile of General_Magician
Quote:
On 2011-09-27 15:11, Devious wrote:
These days it's Sugar Rush, Post-It Note Restoration (lighter,post it notes,marker), 4 coins and 4 cards for a matrix routine.

Kolossal Killer is definitely bad ass! I am ready to perform it at a moment's notice. I "got" my wife with this one! This should be a very interesting impromptu trick to perform.
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
I carry basic items and perform effects from my books:

4 aces in my wallet for Ambitious Rendezvous (a combination of ambitious card, wild card, and transformations with no gaffs or extras). Taught in The Book of Destiny

4 silver dollars (usually perform Boomerang Coins or Digestible Coins from 21st Century Coin Mechanics)

A velvet rope (for Wedding Ring Redux) from Kingdom of the Red

Larry
Jeff Christensen
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Jeff Christensen
3 coins, a magnetic hold out for them, 2 decks of cards one in Tamariz and the other set for another effect by Jay Sankey.
Magic_engineer
View Profile
New user
Plymouth, MA
66 Posts

Profile of Magic_engineer
I always carry 2 halves, an english penny, a silk and a giant half- This allows me to do several routines - with these I add magnetic scotch and soda, hopping half and David Roth's 3 ball routine. Often I add professor's nightmare, sponge balls and a deck of cards.
Suren
View Profile
Veteran user
Armenia
314 Posts

Profile of Suren
Deck of cards,rubber bands, coins and sponge balls.
charliewerner
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of charliewerner
Mainly card = Card Game, trick performance and practice some sleight with ..

Coins , rubber band = for practicing and performance.

Thumbtip= Torn and restore tissue, cigarrete vanish.. bill sw*tch

recently.. so papers and a pencil.. doing mentalism stuff...

And I always bring my L**Ps with me for pk effect.
"Seeing Joy, Sadness, Anger,Contempt,Surprise, Disgust,Fear on people faces are the motivation of my MAGIC" Charlie Werner (C.C.L)
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2543 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
At the moment, I carry:

1. Thumb Tip - for literally anything! (Bill change, salt across, producing a handful of small coins from a rolled bill)

2. Dual Control - one of these gimmicks is set up in every jacket I own, so that I can levitate anything at any time

3. PK Ring - primarily for stopping a specs watch but also for beer cap in bottle

4. Hopping Halves (Tango)

5. Cig thru £2 coin

6. Kartis Bill Change - in my wallet

7. JOL Shogun Wallet - set for a 3 way prediction effect on my business card

8. Rinkey Dinky (attached to my normal car keys)

9. Pen Thru (I'm really bored of this trick after 10 years - but it always seems to play well!)

Sounds a lot? Well, I never feel 'bulked up' because:

- The ring is just worn as a ring - and if I wasn't wearing this one, then I'd be wearing my actual wedding ring anyway

- We all carry a wallet of some kind (the Kartis bill just sits in it ready to go)

- the 3 way prediction effect I perform uses business cards in my wallet and is a 3 way selection prediction using the wallet itself, my car keys and my mobile (cell phone) that obviously I carry with me anyway

- The same goes for the car/house keys - you have to have them with you

- Most people carry a pen in their jacket pocket - as it writes as well, I use it as a normal pen to sign at the bank, etc.

- The Dual Control gimmick takes up hardly any room in your sleeve

Therefore, the only magic 'props' I carry in my trouser pocket are a TT and 3 coins.
Barry Allen

Over 15 years have now passed - and still missing Abra Magazine arriving every Saturday morning.
vardo5
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of vardo5
Amazing folks, thanks for all the insight.
I always carry 4 walking libeties and 1 morgan dollar. I also have a skeleton key on my keyring that works for the haunted key and a ring on my thumb that I can use for a sweet little routine.
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1334 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
Hi there since my earlier post I have changed what I carry with me.
in my wallet I have
power ball 60,
A paddle routine,
Four old English pennies,
And my new addition,
Ray kosby reusable ticket.
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
rhettbryson
View Profile
Elite user
Greenville, SC Not ashamed of his
406 Posts

Profile of rhettbryson
In an Alakazam Stealth Assassin wallet I always carry Extreme Burn. There are SO many opportunities to pull out money in public that this has proved to be an ideal "worker? for me to have on me at all times.
A Show By Joe
View Profile
Elite user
Long Island
408 Posts

Profile of A Show By Joe
I carry a TT, set of sponge balls, coins, and 2 rubber bands for poor man's handcuffs.
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1255 Posts

Profile of rmendez
Why settle for just some of it? Seriously, I carry a doctor's bag with everything I perform everywhere I go. I'd rather have it all and not need it then to need it and not have it.
henri loik
View Profile
Regular user
Near Chicago, Illinois
136 Posts

Profile of henri loik
I carry a slicer illusion, a zig zag, and an origami illusion. All in my pocket.

Seriously though I usually carry around a deck of cards, even though I don't like card magic. I also carry all sorts of random props like rubberbands, poker chips, dice, and a pencil. It basically varies day to day.
robholland
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of robholland
2 rubberbands and a coin
Lundonia
View Profile
Veteran user
refuses to read more than
321 Posts

Profile of Lundonia
2 decks, a red and a blue
TT
2-3 packet tricks
Rubberbands
Sharpie and/or Chop gimmick
"Only two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity - and i'm not sure about the former" - Albert Einstein
www.jensmagi.se
Surgei
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of Surgei
I live in a town where lots of people smoke. As a result I can do a lot of impromptu magic with stuff they have. In addition I usually just carry a pen and some paper. Living in a town with more than three hundred bars, most in a one and a half by one mile box, I don't even have to carry the paper because coasters napkins and the like are usually around. I do a great mental piece based on a psych diagnostic tool and years of being around people.